Guard Duty - Available for Windows, Mac and Linux!

Started by Chicky, Sun 07/12/2014 09:52:15

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

This is looking amazing!  Just hope that goat's more friendly than the one in Broken Sword...

Retro Wolf

SilverSpook

Fantastic job here.  Definitely a must play!

Chicky

Me again!

Firstly I would like to say thanks to xil, Haggis, Cassiebsg, Stupot, Captain D, RetroWolf and SilverSpook for all the Goat love, he really appreciates it! :-* (I promise he's nicer than the angry fella in Broken Sword)

I'm going to be announcing some big new shiny things tomorrow morning, you can expect a bunch more content and an opportunity to help us with the project :) Our fanbase is fairly small, but I'm hoping to increase that with this new promotional push. Any reposts, retweets or shares would really help us out!

Anyway, I made a rad poster that I'm really happy with. So to tide you over until tomorrow, I present our box art!

Creamy

Stunning art and animation, it looks like a lost gem of the 90s

I like the poster too, the upper part especially. Just don't tell Anita Sarkeesian.

Cassiebsg

Nice, looks great and nice dynamic. I like the 4 contrasts. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Chicky

It is time!

So I've been working really hard for the past two weeks, frantically putting together two promotional campaigns. With the death of Steam Greenlight on the horizon it was a race against time to get these out before Steam pulled the plug.

You can find lots of new information about the game on our Kickstarter page:

If you have a Steam account, please consider voting for Guard Duty on Steam Greenlight! It would help me out so much!

Along with the Kickstarter we've released two new videos for Guard Duty, debuting some of the locations and gameplay that feature in the game.

Guard Duty Kickstarter Trailer

Guard Duty Gameplay Teaser

And to sign off, here are some new screenshots from the game:

Thanks for taking a look and all of your support so far! We need as much exposure as possible across this first week, so any shares, retweets or recommendations to friends would be really appreciated!

Oh and remember to vote on the Greenlight page! :)

CrashPL

Voted and shared the news on FB, my friend! Hoping your wonderful game gets the green light before spring and GL shutdown!

Chicky

I saw that, thanks so much Crash! And me too... It also would have been a shame to miss out on the extra promotion Greenlight generates.

We have just reached £94 pledged on Kickstarter, in the first hour! (woo!)

AnasAbdin

Offf I was waiting for your post since you mentioned it yesterday! Totally worth the wait!
Voted: Hell YES! (laugh)
Always wishing you the best :)

Peder 🚀

Voted!! Wish you all the best with the kickstarter! :D

Chicky

AnasAbdin and Peder, thank you both for the shares and votes today (and everyone else who has shared on various social platforms) :) Your help is working!

We've just been picked for Kickstarter's 'Projects we love'! I'm not 100% sure on what exactly this means, but it seems someone at Kickstarter liked our game :) I'm so happy right now ;-D Thank you all for the support so far, it's been such an exciting day!

We're currently at £653, so about 33% of the way towards out goal with 29 days remaining. Fingers crossed we make it!

Frodo

This looks fantastic!  Really reminds me of Simon The Sorceror.  :grin:

Already backed it on Kickstarter.   :thumbsup:
The steam logo is very off-putting, so it's good that your tiers show that it's also DRM-free, so we're not forced to use steam. 

How will the DRM-free release be distributed?  :smiley:

Chicky

Hey Frodo, thanks for contributing to the project.

I've amended the campaign page after seeing your suggestions. The DRM free version will be available via a download link, we've yet to decide on the platform but we will likely go with GOG or similar.

Thanks again for your support!

Sslaxx

Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Peder 🚀

Frodo

Chicky

Haha, looks like there's plenty of choice out there for us ;) Thanks.

Just a quick update to say:

We have reached the 50% mark! In just two days!

Wow, I'm so happy with how well this is all going. We're actually at 58% funded as I'm writing this, having raised a staggering £1,163 so far!

We've had quite a few comments regarding the poster/promo art above and it seems the general opinion is that it's not doing the in-game art justice :~(

Luckily I'm not a proud man, I'm happy to admit that someone else could do a much better job than me and therefore we now have the very talent Benjamin Sawyer working hard on a poster for us. Something much more in-line with the classic Sierra and LucasArts box art.

In regards to Greenlight, it seems Steam is a bit of a minefield when it comes to it's users. We're currently at 317 'Yes' votes but that only account for 54% of our votes, with 42% being negative. I'm starting to see the problem with Greenlight, we've had 43 positive comments (not a single negative one) but yet there are still hundreds of users mindlessly downvoting our game.

Anyway, if you'd like to help our cause please give us a vote and comment on our Greenlight page :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=869710250

Thanks guys!

Cassiebsg

I'm starting to see the problem with Greenlight, we've had 43 positive comments (not a single negative one) but yet there are still hundreds of users mindlessly downvoting our game.

Wonder if others, are deliberately "hiring" ppl to down vote games, so they are less of a competition to them? (wtf)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Sslaxx

Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk