Shardlight - A Wadjet Eye Game by Ben304 and Grundislav

Started by Grundislav, Tue 09/12/2014 11:17:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Quintaros

Looking good.  The voice acting is so much better than the temp tracks that you had during the Mittens demo.

SilverSpook

Can't wait for this!  Kudos for branching out to Urban Fantasy as well.  I wouldn't know the first thing about that.

Atmosphere is suffocating (in a good way), the lighting rocks: the radioactive/mystical green and brown glow is a nice changeup from the cyan-themed Technobabylon.

This may be a total subjective nitpick that I notice cause I do audio engineering and no one will give a crap about, but watching the video with headphones in there seems to be a noticeable amount of compression of the music when the voice is speaking toward the middle/end of the video. 

Great stuff!

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: SilverSpook on Tue 06/10/2015 20:50:10
This may be a total subjective nitpick that I notice cause I do audio engineering and no one will give a crap about, but watching the video with headphones in there seems to be a noticeable amount of compression of the music when the voice is speaking toward the middle/end of the video. 

Hehe. You caught me. Yes, I lowered the volume of the music juuust slightly towards the end because the VO was difficult to hear. I tried to hide it as best I could. I figured only audio engineers would notice it. Lo and behold...

Snarky

I also noticed it, and I'm no audio engineer (but I was listening with earbuds).

The game looks great, but I wasn't so keen on the music in the trailer: there were some weird rhythm changes and odd notes mixed in that kept throwing me off. Maybe it will work better in-game.

Stee

<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Grundislav

splat44

Wow! Interesting!

Since it's coming spring 2016, I don't mind helping to test this prior to release.

I am in fact testing one of AprilSkies game and he knows how throughout I am:
tales demo

Let me know

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Dave Gilbert

We've got a launch date! The game comes out on March 8th.

We also have a new trailer:

[embed=640,400]http://youtu.be/-CyEusvEpjw[/embed]

SilverSpook

Crazy Epic!  So pre-ordered!

Also, that soundtrack really pops; reminiscent of the Primordia motif, but run through a Clint Mansell prog-rock filter.

dactylopus

This just keeps getting better.  That new trailer is wonderful.  Can't wait to play it, and now I know when I will have the chance!

Thanks for the update!

Grundislav

From now until launch (March 8th) you can pre-order Shardlight at a 10% discount, and receive bonus content along with it. There's also a free demo to try before you buy.

www.buyshardlight.com

arj0n

This was the awesome birthday gift for myself I was looking for, ordered. (nod)

Grundislav

[delete}

Hooray! Been waiting so long for the Scottish game since it's first rumours on the BCT podcast and your Twitter. And now, it's finally here.

Amy Wellard's boots are meant for walking...

AndyfromVA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk