May I Please Get Some Feedback?

Started by ryankhatam, Fri 12/12/2014 05:54:31

Previous topic - Next topic

ryankhatam

My name is Ryan Khatam and I am an enormous adventure game fan.

Recently I have developed an adventure game concept of my own and I was looking for honest feedback from people who share my love and enthusiasm for these types of games.

Below is concept art for my Point & Click Adventure Game, "Johnny Rocketfingers 3."

As adventure gamers, does this look like something you would want to play? As far as animation style, it would be high quality frame by frame hand drawn animation. No puppeting.

"Johnny Rocketfingers 3," Point & Click Adventure: www.johnnyrocketfingers.com

Adeel

Quote from: ryankhatam on Fri 12/12/2014 05:54:31
As adventure gamers, does this look like something you would want to play?

Are you kidding me? YES, YES AND YES! ;-D

Seriously, I'm in love with this unique art style. The concept art looks simply brilliant! I really wonder why you are even asking this question?

KiraHaraReturns

I really enjoyed J. Rocketfingers 1 + 2 and I would like to play a further sequel too and it's a real pity that you didn't reach your goal on kickstarter yet :(

selmiak

I'm seriously intruiged!!! No idea how to give some critiques on this, I'm still blown away ;-D

+1 for eyeballs as inventory item!

Wicked

I love the art the line work and the overall artistic feel  its great

ryankhatam

:grin: Well I am super refreshed by these positive comments!

There was a fairly opposite reaction over at the adventuregamers forum. Overall the members were unimpressed by the artwork. One user went as far as to say it was "nothing new or different."

However, most were impressed by the animation from, "Johnny Rocketfingers 2." A few people suggested I post animated GIFs on the kickstarter page, which I have now done: http://kck.st/1F4Ph99

But it feels really good to know there are adventure gamers here who appreciate this artwork =)

@Adeel: Lol! Thanks dude!! So glad you dig it!!!!

@KiraHaraReturns: Thank you, Kira :) Yeah the climb is slow right now but I'm hoping to get the ball rolling once press starts getting around (which is also difficult to do). Word on the street is that most gaming sites and blogs don't want to cover games that are currently being funded.

@Selmiak: Hahahaha, thanks man. +30 for having the taste to appreciate eyeballs as an inventory item  :cool:

@Horrorfiend: Thank you, Horrorfiend :)

Additional feedback is appreciated and if anybody has any questions, I would love to answer them!
"Johnny Rocketfingers 3," Point & Click Adventure: www.johnnyrocketfingers.com

Mouth for war

I love your style man! Really original and cool :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Lasca

I love the style! Wonderful! But are the pics in game screens? Feels more like cut scenes. Great anyways. And the animations on the kickstarter are amazing!

Armageddon

These are great as stills, but most of these shots are going to need a lot of background animation to work imo. There's a lot of motion in every shot, and it's great that you're drawing stuff with motion, feels good. I just wonder how much work it'll be. I like the faded background colors but the characters are fully saturated, really helps them pop out, you just need to be more consistent with it I think, like this isn't right, the uh... Alien things shouldn't have such low contrast.

Really cool work though, very consistent style, looks like something you could draw a lot of. Keep it up!

Mandle

LOVE your style and especially the:

WWII bomber plane inspired (if I might assume) Archaeopteryx with the 4 claws instead of propellers.

There is so much of this kind of depth in your art that I hope the game pace is not too hyperactive and lets us enjoy such elements with some time to spare worrying about our own game goals ;)

Dropped Monocle Games

oh man, this looks great.. I love the flash art style myself! and looking at the gifs you have posted it looks smooooth ;)

monkey424

These are pretty wild! I love 'em all, especially the last one with the monkeys. Good luck!

Mandle

Quote from: monkey424 on Tue 16/12/2014 11:51:02
These are pretty wild! I love 'em all, especially the last one with the monkeys. Good luck!

That one is sweet...I had to wonder if any of the monkeys were chanting:

"BOIL THAT DUST SPECK!!!"

Wicked

Best thing to try to find your work meaningful thats what I do to my work I try to tweek it until I feel its within me and feel like I achieved something and am happy with it. and dont let the other board  get you down they are extremely jelous ( so am I a bit but I hope to one day get on your level ) but I love the feel the art its really retro and gives a sense of some nostalgia.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk