Broken Sword New Fan Game problems and helps

Started by Nfsfan83, Tue 16/12/2014 12:48:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Nfsfan83

Nfsfan83

I still don't solve problem with new character. I fight this time with audio. I want add to room music. I have in my game folder, "AudioCache" folder, can I must folder Music and copy my file to it, and rename it to "music1". In editor I can't choose this file. I only have on right folder Audio->types->ambient sound, music and sound than folder Music and folder Sound. And I wanna use this script "Enter room fading in PlayMusic (1);" But why editor dont see my music1 file :( ?

One thing like you see on screen

Blue is walkable are, so I wanna that Stobbart goes to 1 point and goes to point 2. I use regions 1 and 2, but is it any way,that he goes to 1 and script go to on walkable area to point 2, and background are scrolling? If I use regions screen are change, blink black and Sotbbart show it in point 2.

Second problem is red selection guys, yello guy is set to behind scene and it is ok, but I if use red to behind scene and If I go behind them is ok, but when I go on front of them, their heads are transparent. Can I use red guys to a object and can I talk to object? Or use them like new character (solid)?

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Nfsfan83 on Fri 26/12/2014 12:46:21
I copy the file "music1" to my "AudioCache" folder
That's not how you do it.
Go in the Editor, right-click on Audio, and select "Add audio file".

Nfsfan83

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Fri 26/12/2014 15:19:58
Quote from: Nfsfan83 on Fri 26/12/2014 12:46:21
I copy the file "music1" to my "AudioCache" folder
That's not how you do it.
Go in the Editor, right-click on Audio, and select "Add audio file".

Yes I do it like you said, I know many of my questions are stupid, but I search in manual and on forum and sometimes can't find answer :( I really need one person who know perfect AGS sctipt, to move with this game forward. I add this music file but, in preview it is too loud. How to set volumne?

Slasher

In Each of the Music and Sound properties pane in the editor you can set their volumes.

Select Music or Sound in the Audio Tree, Select the one you want to adjust volume and set it 0 to 100. Low to High.

RTM

Nfsfan83

Music added, script Room fade in->> aMusic1.Play(1); working good. But how about walkable are problem?

And I try to set center GUI text, I want if character look on any hotspot, decription show like here:

center position, on down.

selmiak

about your walkable area problem:
I'd make the points 1 & 2 hotspots
in room_repeadedly_execute check if the mouse if over either hotspot, if true change the mousecursor to some arrow, if not change to normal cursor, +add some boolean check variable
when the player even clicks on either hotspot have the playercharacter walk blocking to one point in the middle of the hotspot, then to one point on the other side (to not have ags somehow screw up and walk in front of the hut)

if you use regions to check you can't 'park' the playercharacter on the other side of the hut without him triggering the next walkbehind the hut animation.
protip: use two waypoints, both of them hidden, the first close to the start, after reaching this raise the walking speed, walk to the point close to the other end, set the walking speed back to normal, walk to the other side and be visible. Or use the tween module to tween the player in an interesting tween to the other side. Waiting while nothing happens on screen is annoying for players.

Nfsfan83

Thanks selmiak, but can you give me script for that? Acutally I'm a beginner in scripting and only can do simple things ;( But I made this simple Juke Box :D So I'm very proud of that.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1429632040660603&set=vb.1419216108368863ype=2heater

Thank you all for your help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk