Sisyphus Reborn

Started by Myshkin, Fri 19/12/2014 12:02:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Myshkin

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/4-oCoDxn1-o[/embed]

EDIT: Now available on Steam

A short atmospheric adventure game. You wake up in a world where everyone digs and no one dies.
You will never know how you came to be there, but now that you are...
How do you find meaning in a meaningless world?

"Why do you dig?"
"We dig to live."
"Why do you live?"
"We live to dig."

Featuring a unique hand-drawn minimalist art style and an atmospheric soundtrack.

DOWNLOAD THE GAME

Soundtrack is available here

Any feedback is much appreciated...
Thanks for playing :)

Cassiebsg

Do you have a mirror? Gamejolt doesn't work for me.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

Spoiler

I walked on through the desert and reached the end of the world. The game asked me if I want to quit, I thought this is another meta test, clicked no, gui closed, went on again, was asked again, clicked yes, and finally the game closed. Is this the real end?
[close]

an interesting experience for sure!

Ibispi

What a wonderful experience; I was thinking about Albert Camus the entire game, and then
Spoiler
it was all confirmed in the credits.
[close]

@selmiak
Spoiler
There is one more ending, which is probably the real ending because it has credits. There might be more endings though, I'm not sure!
[close]

selmiak

@BSP
Spoiler

thanks for mentioning this, I replayed it. Thanks for the continue function emont! And somehow I found the correct spot to dig on the first try :-D (I just replayed it again to see if I could dig somewhere else and it doesn't seem so...)
[close]

what a beautiful ending! ;-D

Myshkin

@Cassiebsg
I've added a non-gamejolt download mirror now - meant to put one on before but forgot.

@BSP
@selmiak

Thanks for playing! Yes I was going to mention there are a few "optional" endings but I think all of them will allow you to keep playing rather than automatically ending the game. When you get to the "ending" ending it should be pretty obvious ;)
Glad you both enjoyed it!

Cassiebsg

Thanks for mirror. :-D

How many "endings" are there?
Am guessing 4, but only experienced 2. Maybe I should just try the other two... but since you say you can "keep playing" then probably not the real end end...

Spoiler

I consider the end end as being in color... ;)
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Myshkin

Hi Cassiebg, yes you are correct about the "end" end ;)

There are 3 other ways to end the game, but it's not so much a resolution as just an option to end the story. Hints...

Spoiler

* Keep going all the way right as far as you can go
* On the screen with the bunch of people who have gone braindead, wait around for a while doing nothing
* When you get the shovel, just keep digging in the desert (about 12 times I think) until you get a message
[close]

Myshkin

Hi,

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I thought it made more sense than starting a new one. Just a quick note to say Sisyphus Reborn is now available on Steam

It's the same game, but now with achievements so you know what you're achieving! Also with a remastered soundtrack from the original tapes ;)

Big thanks to monkey0506 for the AGS Steam plugin which made the whole thing a lot easier for a non-coder like me!

Mandle

Congratulations about getting on Steam!

This is one of those games I meant to play but other stuff kept getting in the way: I'll have to give it a try!

Stupot

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 06/09/2016 11:03:39
Congratulations about getting on Steam!

This is one of those games I meant to play but other stuff kept getting in the way: I'll have to give it a try!
Ditto to all of the above.

Thanks for putting it back on my radar :-)

Two Tales

I remember playing this around Christmas over a year ago. I thought it was a beautiful 'experience'. Nice to see it on Steam.

selmiak

Cool! Congrats on getting sisyphus on steam! ;-D

Myshkin

Thanks everyone! Pleasantly surprised to see how this kind of short simple game is being received on Steam, so if anyone is unsure about submitting a game to Greenlight I'd say go for it! There are thousands of people there just waiting to play a new game they've never heard of.

Mehrdad

Congratulations. It's so impressive game . It's one of best adventure games that played . I think saw more than 5 times end of game.
Actually it's one of best my favorite game .
Nice job .
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

KyriakosCH

Looks VERY atmospheric, Emont!!!

I will have to try it :)

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

KyriakosCH

Ok, finished the game! (at least with the water-ending..)

VERY good story. And your music is excellent too, you clearly are a very sensitive person :)

The story/game is also exactly the type i like, being into Kafka and Borges, and due to my Philosophy uni studies (laugh)

Overall i give the game a 4/5. Gfx are the only issue, yet gfx can always be improved. GREAT work, Emont :)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Myshkin

Thanks so much Mehrdad and Kyriakos! Very happy to hear you enjoyed it.

shaun9991

Just saw this on Steam tonight, congratulations! Getting lots of great reviews :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Myshkin

Thanks Shaun! I was inspired to submit it to Greenlight after seeing the great reception you got with A Date in the Park, so thanks for paving the way ;)
Great to see that little AGS games can find a new audience on Steam.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk