The Condemned!

Started by Slasher, Tue 30/12/2014 13:20:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

---- THE CONDEMNED ----

"On a remote island the most vicious form of illegal entertainment is about to go live' online.
The players: ruthless death-row killers. The game: staying alive.
Fight to win. Fight for justice.
Nine will die.
Can you be the one who wins and gains his freedom?"

Based a lot on the film of the same name.

Story line:

An online game show producer, whose game shows are flagging, has bribed corrupt Salvadoran prison officials to let him 'purchase' 10 death-row prisoners who will compete in a live' online death game show that will surpass previous online ratings and net him millions of dollars through online subscribed viewers who will see all the action through the many CCTV cameras placed on the island.

You are Jack Conrad, unjustly arrested and placed on death-row for a bomb attack on drug-trafficker's killing seven men.

Watch as more and more people subscribe to this online channel to watch death-row prisoners slaughter each other in their bid for total freedom and a million dollars.

Chop, stab, kick, punch and club your way to freedom in a bid to prove your innocence. Fully animated.

** This game features, among other things, scenes of some violence that may be distressing for some people.

* It has been made purely as entertainment and as such should not be taken literally,

Here are some GIP screenshots Updated Jan 10:

Right side of scrolling room

Game Progress: 8%

Most of the game mechanics have been done.

800 x 600
16 bit color

Cassiebsg

16 color

I think you meant to write 16bit color, no? Cause your screens don't like 16 colors only. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Looks awesome. Screenshots are great. Keeping an eye on this one for sure. Good luck with this one slasher :)

Lasca

Really like the backgrounds!

Stupot

Bloody hell Slasher, you just keep going. Have a kit kat, mate. (laugh)
But best of luck. This looks fun.

CrashPL

Haha, now that's a fun idea for a game. :) Love the backgrounds and the character-drawing-style. :D

Slasher

Thanks guys (nod)

First post now has updated screenshots and some text change.

Game progress: 20%

Slasher

New Screenshot

The Black Sands

Game progress 28%

Slasher

The Condemned!

New screenshot: Jungle Pass

You are face-to-face with Fazio Teach at Jungle Pass.
Teach is a death-row criminal and a thug of the worst kind and will kill anyone in his way to win his freedom and the million dollars winning prize money!

Fight for freedom! Fight for justice!

* Watch as online viewers increases as more and more people subscribe to watch this 'live' death-game!
* Can you find a map of the island to make it easier getting around?
* How many CCTV cameras can you find and smash?
* Speech Font to small / large?: Change it.

Game progress: 40%

On schedule

Cassiebsg

It's looking good slasher. :)

I only have one question/grip with the concept... why would you give a 1 million dollars on top of freedom?
I'm guessing to these guys, the promise of freedom would be motivation enough. And you know that TV producers will save where they can, so if they can do the show without having to pay a million in prize... why do it? (roll)(laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

Hi Cassiebsg,

QuoteI only have one question/grip with the concept... why would you give a 1 million dollars on top of freedom?
It's an added incentive (something that incites or tends to incite to action or greater effort, as a reward offered for increased productivity) to produce a great game-show. Remember that it is live online and viewers want 'action'.

Even if the network forecasters have predicted a subscriber turnover of over $100,000,000 dollars maybe the producer does not intend to pay the million dollars....

Slasher

Slasher

New gip screenshot

Arriving at Lover's Fiorde during a rainfall (animated):

Inventory for this game is purely button orientated.

Encounter Great White Sharks, Apes, Tigers............

Game progress 56%

Slasher

Arriving at Midnight Cove where you come across a beached up Spanish Galleon.What booty does it hold?:

Progress: 75%

Mandle

Ohhhh, pleeeease tell me you get to blow somebody away with a cannon!!!

AnasAbdin

This screenshot screams with voices. I heard them 8-0

Great work slasher :-D

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 20/02/2015 13:48:58
Ohhhh, pleeeease tell me you get to blow somebody away with a cannon!!!
You will not be disappointed (laugh)

Update: looking for Italian, Russian, Mexican, American voices.

Slasher

New Screenshot IP

Entering the Mystic Caves. Can you solve the riddles of the Mystic and go in the right directions to get through the caves?:

Game progress: 80%

AnasAbdin

Awesome slasher ;-D
Putting riddles in dark mystic caves where people are in a hurry trying to get out!

Slasher

Klause Schultz holds up inside the carved face of the mountain

Game progress: 100%

* Testers now needed.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: slasher on Sun 15/03/2015 11:01:14Game progress: 100%

* Testers now needed.

Great ;) a new game to be played soon! And no sir, I pass on testing because I prefer to be a customer of awesomeness (laugh)

Thegolddiger

I like the game so far. Were you also  inspired by Hunger Games when you made it? 
It's gold gold  gold is all I want

Slasher

QuoteWere you also  inspired by Hunger Games when you made it?
I'd never seen Hunger Games so no. I had seen the 'Condemned' though so it is based around that film.

The Condemned game is currently being tested.

Keep an eye open for more updates (nod)

'Fight for freedom. Fight for justice.'

Darth Mandarb

You are a game-making machine Mr. Slasher!

Congrats on the release!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk