New Years Resolutions?

Started by Andail, Wed 31/12/2014 11:00:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

This is such a cliche of a topic... but hey let's do it anyways!
So here's where we can write down our new years resolutions, to make it even more embarrassing when we eventually fail to keep them.
Oh and you can't say 1280x720 because I just made that joke now.

miguel

320x200?

How lame is it to be the first to respond to Andail's plead?
Anyway, because this season is all about buying pretty stuff, drinking, excess behaviours of a sexual nature and drinking, I am safe to say whatever I want:

- paint my local town landmarks (I've made a rough list of 12 locations);
- pay a annoying debt that is hanging on my back for more time than I ever wanted to;
- be good to my family;
- do at least another AGS game;

Working on a RON game!!!!!

monkey424

Get Sleuth finished!!

Stick to my exercise routine.

Be nice to my in-laws.

Continue working hard to put food on the table.

Buy a dish washer.

Something about family and stuff..

And if time permits..

Play more AGS games!!!

Mandle

I resolve to break all my resolutions including this one.

Slasher

My new years resolution for 2015 is as usual: never stick to resolutions (laugh)

Darth Mandarb

I think I have posted this before... about 20 years ago I made my last New Year's Resolution. 

It was to never make another. 

I have stuck to it :)

AnasAbdin

-move (work and family related)
-finish Epoch (AGS..)
-stick to my workout routine.
-learn Unity3D

bicilotti

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Wed 31/12/2014 14:49:56
Convert O2 into CO2

Adventure gamer generates Carbonium out of nothing: "I used everything on everything"

Mine: stop dicking around, release a bloody text adventure.

Esseb

Mine: Play bicilotti's text adventure.

Gribbler

Find the time to resume the work on my next game.

Ibispi

-Learn ancient Greek;
-Become an astronaut and go into space;
-Climb mount Everest;
-Travel around the world in 80 days;
-Find Tokugawa's buried treasure;
-Discover Atlantis;
-Make a full length adventure game.

CaptainD

@BSP - stop being so unrealistic.  You'll never make a full-length adventure game.

Ibispi

You are right Dave, I keep struggling even with a short adventure game... :sealed:
I should rather search for Atlantis, that will be a lot easier to do. :-D

CaptainD

Why spend time searching for Atlantis?  I mean it's on BBC1... :-D

Cassiebsg

Hasn't both SG1 and Indy found it? :p
No resolutions for me, just hope I can get a new game out sometime next year... (one that isn't half done, that is). (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Also not a NYR as it's something I've been planning for months, but 2, hopefully 3 commercial game releases in 2015.  Everyone else can resolve to buy them if they want. (roll)

Stupot

I'm not gonna lie to myself and promise to go to the gym or stop biting my nails. So I'll be a bit more doable.

Adventure - I resolve to play more adventure/AGS games.
Also to make more smaller games. Despite earlier enthusiasm, I think I'm still not ready for a [decent] full-length project so I will do a couple of MAGS and finish my Escape project.

Life - I will get a better paid (and more rewarding) job. Currently working for a dodgy dispatch company who essentially steals nearly a third of my potential wages. Still, it's better than being unemployed as I was this time last year.

Family - Skype my parents and sisters more. Every time I skype them I wonder how I had left it so long since the previous time. Definitely need to sort that out.

@BSP Why not make a game about finding Tokugawa's treasure. I was in Nikko just the other day, where Tokugawa Ieyasu's grave is. That's pretty close to Mt. Akagi, where the treasure is thought to be :-)

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Wed 31/12/2014 23:38:53
@BSP Why not make a game about finding Tokugawa's treasure. I was in Nikko just the other day, where Tokugawa Ieyasu's grave is. That's pretty close to Mt. Akagi, where the treasure is thought to be :-)

And instead of trying to beat the Nazis to it, you're trying to beat these guys:

(For those who don't know, these are the Japanese Right-Wing Nationalists or "Uyoku Dantai". They are a kind of fascist group in Japan who want to restore the Emperor to his former power, so it would actually make a lot of sense they would want to find Tokugawa's treasure. Hey, this game sounds AWESOME!!!)

miguel

WTF are you doing here? You should be out partying!

Stu, I feel the love here, you're going to finish a game in 2015, that's what my oracle is telling me right now.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk