Previous topic - Next topic

LimpingFish

I resolve to come up with better New Year resolutions. :(
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Peder 🚀

Mine: Watch Esseb play bicilotti's text adventure.

Ibispi

@Stupot and Mandle, great game idea, but, very hard to accomplish, since I've already started working on a new AGS game. (roll)
It could be a great New Year resolution for someone who's out of ideas though (to make that game). ^^

Stupot

@BSP and Mandle, I've PM'ed you. I've just a few post ago said I want to steer clear of large projects but this Tokugawa idea is too juicy not to at least throw some ideas around.

cat

I absolutelty love the Tokugawa idea. I just watched a documentary about him a few weeks ago and Nikko (and especially the nature around it) is so beautiful.

Azure

Going to get *something* out this year.
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Bavolis

1. Going to push myself to get The Knobbly Crook Episode 1 out by the end of January.
2. Episode 2 out in the fall.
3. Try to figure out some more complex AGS programming with my muddy non-coding brain.
4. Write fiction much, much more. Stop sleeping on the bus ride to work and use it for writing time. 500 words a day. No excuses.
4. Watch the full run of Vikings.

Chicky

I will be drawing a doodle every day! I have no idea how i'm going to keep this up, but today wasn't a failure: http://doodleham.tumblr.com/image/106833122397

Also, release my first game!

straydogstrut

1) I rather enjoy walking so looking to do some sponsored walking to raise funds for a charity close to my heart. I've found a London to Brighton one though that might be a bit ambitious. If anyone knows of any other UK-based treks I'm all ears.

2) Do more volunteering. Just finished a volunteering project on New Year's Eve with a Charity that works with people with learning difficulties, and looking to get involved in more activities with the same organisation. Currently on night watch duty in a homeless shelter as I write this so getting the year off to a good start.

3) Make a game. Preferably a MAGS since I have so many abandonned attempts lying around.

4) Attend AdventureX this year since it transpired that I couldn't make it last time despite my promises :~(

Happy New Year everyone

CaptainD

@straydogstrut - worthy goals mare! :-D  (Check your PM... :cheesy:)

Dropped Monocle Games

1. get fitter (less junk food, more moving)
2. spend more time on artwork
3. do the little things that I always tell myself.. "I'll do that later"
4. spend less time on social media sites (Facebook / Reddit)

Radiant

I thought about making a resolution to join every single MAGS contest for a year... then I decided I have enough ongoing game projects already. But do expect some releases in 2015 :D

TheBitPriest

1.  Do not finish Captain Disaster
2.  Avoid all MAGS competitions
3.  Eat more junk food

Since I always break my resolutions, I'm trying a bit of reverse psychology this year. I'm making stellar progress on #3 so far.  Many cookies.  Many, many cookies.  Er...  cakes?

Hopper_Tabby

1. Write at least SOMETHING every day.
2. Perform Joseph Beuys' "How to Explain Pictures to a Dead Hare" in my college's gallery. I don't care if I have to take out a bunny myself, it's happening this time.
3. Smoke less while working.
4. Get involved with this forum and game design.
5. Read at least one James Joyce book.
6. Get my grades back to where I want them, and stop putting off class work until last minute. Writing my semester project for English 102 in one night was the biggest mistake I've made since I enrolled.

I can probably think of a few more, but I'm not sure if it's even pertinent.

InCreator

Make and actually finish an adventure game over loooong time.
Most likely a fangame/heavily inspired by KGB, because that's something I've wanted to do for a decade by now, just never got to making it.
Won't be using AGS for this, though, I have good portion of the original engine made in Game Maker already.

CaptainD

Quote from: TheBitPriest on Sun 04/01/2015 00:13:50
1.  Do not finish Captain Disaster

?!?!??!?!?!? ??? 8-0 8-0 8-0 :confused: ??? ??? :confused: :shocked: :shocked: 8-0 8-0

Quote from: TheBitPriest on Sun 04/01/2015 00:13:50
Since I always break my resolutions, I'm trying a bit of reverse psychology this year.

Phew...

arj0n

Only one: finish my LSL1 remake.

Queen Kara

I can be and usually am pretty fail at sticking to such things if I make them. I _still_ haven't made an AGS game yet. Not even a short one. *kicks self in the butt and sighs*

And I haven't made any non-AGS games....but the Adrift games I had been working on need to be redone some day anyway. So much work and art lost...*cries* Stupid Sam. Why'd you have to go and die on me?! Well, at least I got five years use out of you. And it was fun when you were working like you were supposed to.

I'm doing good right now though with my promise to myself and "sorta promise" to others that I will check in on the forums at least once every day....

Oh, and I'm being pretty good with taking my pills and stuff when I need to most days.

So...I guess I'm getting at least some things right?

I still feel very bad and guilty about stuff that should've been done a long time ago though and I still haven't done them yet. Like making presents instead of buying them. Or finishing any projects I start. I have to do them all over again anyway because Sam - ( my old laptop ) - died and I haven't been using a non-laptop aka "real PC" at all. *sigh*
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk