AGS Awards 2014 [winners!]

Started by , Wed 31/12/2014 23:19:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Quote from: bicilotti on Mon 09/02/2015 01:37:08
Mary, I say, as it's not Best Characters but Best Character.

Sounds good. Could you please mention this on the voting page so that the voters don't make the wrong assumption?

Snarky

So the final vote will require specifying a character, not just the game?

Then, if possible, I would suggest you ask the people who nominated those games which character they were thinking of, and go with the most popular choice as the nominee representing each game. Otherwise I think it's going to be tough to get any kind of consensus vote when some games (e.g. Quest for Infamy) has so many characters to choose from, and I would worry that the result would be pretty random.

Oh, and nice work with the nominations, bici and everyone, and congratulations to the nominees. Even with a few games dominating many of the categories, I count 18 games to play before voting! (Well, I've played a few of them already, but I'll probably revisit them to refresh my memory.)

Stupot

I made a handy little checklist of all the nominated games, so YOU don't have to!

[ ] A.C.R.O.N.Y.M
[ ] A Date in the Park
[ ] A Golden Wake
[ ] All Pigs Deserve to Burn in Hell
[ ] Beer
[ ] Blackwell Epiphany
[ ] Danger Mouse Demo
[ ] Don't Drink the Pink
[ ] Floaty Rog
[ ] Goat Herd and the Gods
[ ] Haunted Castle
[ ] Mudlarks
[ ] Quest for Infamy
[ ] Red Hot Overdrive
[ ] Sisyphus Reborn
[ ] Tales - Tech Demo
[ ] The Apotheosis Project
[ ] The Samaritan Paradox

cat

Congrats to the nominees! Nothing surprising there, to be honest. I'm just a bit disappointed that Ponderabilia was not nominated.

AGA

Nice try, but those are only the top nominations.  There were others that weren't counted because they had too few votes.

Stupot

Quote from: AGA on Mon 09/02/2015 16:04:57
Nice try, but those are only the top nominations.  There were others that weren't counted because they had too few votes.

That's just my bad wording, sorry. I just meant it's a list of games that made it through the nomination phase so that people can look at the list and check the games off as they play them for the voting stage.

Snarky

I only played about four AGS games from last year, but I considered throwing some nominations to less high-profile games that seemed deserving in various categories (including Ponderabilia). In the end, though, it just didn't seem right nominating games I hadn't played â€" or any games, as long as I hadn't tried a wider sample. But I look forward to playing the finalists and taking part in the voting!

AGA

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 09/02/2015 17:09:55
I only played about four AGS games from last year, but I considered throwing some nominations to less high-profile games that seemed deserving in various categories (including Ponderabilia). In the end, though, it just didn't seem right nominating games I hadn't played â€" or any games, as long as I hadn't tried a wider sample. But I look forward to playing the finalists and taking part in the voting!

This is why I never vote anymore.  I actually played a few of the top ranked games, but it doesn't seem right to only vote for those and to ignore so many great, but less popular, ones.

cat

I haven't played most of the high-profile games...

I'm glad there is always the Pick of the Month to give some love to those overlooked gems out there :)

m0ds

Well done nominees! Damn I feel a bit bad that some games didn't get a nomination. Bizarre Earthquake, you win the m0ds guilt award for not appearing in Best Demo.

Anyway glad to see that by selecting the Samaritan Paradox for every select box per category paid off!

OK I didn't actually do that, so I'm thankful to those who of course did nominate it for so many categories, and of course well done Andail. Just The Blackwell Epiphany to beat on every single one of them!! :=

:P

Good luck to everyone! :)

Volcan

I thought freeware and commercial games were split this year.

There is a freeware category but not commercial category.

Both commercial and freeware games share on best AGS game category.

Snarky

Quote from: Volcan on Tue 10/02/2015 23:03:10
I thought freeware and commercial games were split this year.

No. We had a vote about how to do it. This was the decision. So there's a special category reserved for freeware games, and for the rest all games compete equally.

Andail

Quote from: Mods on Tue 10/02/2015 20:57:40
Just The Blackwell Epiphany to beat on every single one of them!! :=

He he, let's just say I'm happy that people nominated TSP, that's enough for me :=

Vince Twelve

Congrats to all the nominees!  Another great year of AGS games!

proximity

Quote from: Mods on Tue 10/02/2015 20:57:40
Well done nominees! Damn I feel a bit bad that some games didn't get a nomination. Bizarre Earthquake, you win the m0ds guilt award for not appearing in Best Demo.

Anyway glad to see that by selecting the Samaritan Paradox for every select box per category paid off!

OK I didn't actually do that, so I'm thankful to those who of course did nominate it for so many categories, and of course well done Andail. Just The Blackwell Epiphany to beat on every single one of them!! :=

:P

Good luck to everyone! :)

Thanks bro, glad you appreciate it :smiley: It would be nice to fill those empty 3 spaces with 3 demo noms :smiley:
Proximity Entertainment

bicilotti

Well, if you haven't noticed already, voting is open!
Vote here!

shaun9991

Thanks so much to everyone who nominated Mudlarks and A Date in the Park, I was giddy with happiness when I saw the final nominees come through. Very chuffed :D Congratulations and good luck to all the other nominees! :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Myshkin

Thank you to all who nominated Sisyphus Reborn! I'm genuinely humbled to be alongside such great freeware games from last year. This was my first attempt at making an actual adventure type game, so I'm really happy people have enjoyed it ;-D
Congratulations to all the nominees!

moloko

Congratulations to all nominees! Might I suggest an additional category, however? I wouldn't mind nominating Ponderabilia to the "Most depraved" or "Least likely to make sense" category, as I feel it would do well in both.

bicilotti

Voting is over, time to decide when to hold the big ceremony!

Cast your preferences here! (All times are London time)

If you forgot, the way to attend is the The AGS Awards game-ceremony 2014 (thanks Snarky for having picked up the development!).

If you can't use the game (you run Linux, etc.), pick an IRC client (like xchat) (tutorial here), or just use your web browser (warning: more of a resource hog and a high risk of failure!).
Server: irc.agsarchives.com Rooms: #ags and #awards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk