AGS Awards 2014 [winners!]

Started by , Wed 31/12/2014 23:19:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Whoo boy! A date! Guess I have my deadline...

But what sort of off-brand Doodle version is that you're using, bici?

cat

Did the 22:00 columns just disappear?

bicilotti

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 16/03/2015 17:04:47
Whoo boy! A date! Guess I have my deadline...

But what sort of off-brand Doodle version is that you're using, bici?

I recently had some problems with doodle, so I started looking for alternatives. Dudle seems solid and is open source (AGPLv3), so that was my pick (who knows, in the future it may be handy to host an instance on aventuregamestudio.co.uk).

Quote from: cat on Mon 16/03/2015 17:08:41
Did the 22:00 columns just disappear?

Yes! It is paramount for the game-ceremony developer to be there (ready with ductape, ready to be applauded), and apparently Snarky goes to bed early (lucky him!).

Snarky

Well, 22:00 is really 23:00 here, and the ceremony has been known to go on for three hours... I mean, I could do it, particularly on Saturday, but I'd much rather not.

I didn't count on my "no" being an absolute veto; you can stick them up again if you want.

bicilotti

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 16/03/2015 17:53:31I didn't count on my "no" being an absolute veto; you can stick them up again if you want.

Not at all, it's too late anyway. Cast your votes folks!

bicilotti

It is decided. Ceremony will be at

Sunday 22 March, 20:00 London time

The AGS Awards game-ceremony 2014

or

IRC client of your choice (like xchat) (tutorial here), or just use your web browser (warning: more of a resource hog and a high risk of failure!).
Server: irc.agsarchives.com Rooms: #ags and #awards

miguel

I know who's taking most of the awards this year, I even bet on it one year ago. This is not a conspiracy phase I'm going through, I have solid evidence that men can have several testicles and still live a normal life. And I'm also changing my name to Isis Mike. The AGS awards ceremony is that special part of the year, just like Xmas, rich kids do get their toys while the others look at them on the TV. Ahhh, the joy!
I'll be there tomorrow to cast a dark shadow over the ceremony, see ya!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Andail

Stupot

I'm afraid I'll be tucked up in bed this year. 5am. Too late to stay up and too early to wake up for on a work night.

Good luck to all the nominees. And have a great time everyone. X

cat

Got myself a new avatar, now I'm just waiting for the final download of the ceremony and then I'm ready to party!

Tramponline

I knew my incredible laziness to change my avatar would pay off at some point! :-D

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 22/03/2015 09:24:00
I'm afraid I'll be tucked up in bed this year. 5am. Too late to stay up and too early to wake up for on a work night.
Oh, come on Stu. It's a one time thing.
I've got to get up at 6am most days of the week, that's not far off. Just call in sick due to hangover! :=

selmiak

so where is the final stable awards client download? Clicking links, jumping from post to post, but no dl...

Ponch

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 22/03/2015 13:50:13
so where is the final stable awards client download? Clicking links, jumping from post to post, but no dl...
Same here. Surely I didn't put my tux on for nothing. :=

Mandle

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 22/03/2015 13:50:13

I think Snarky is either madly bug-squishing, passed out on the floor, or crouched in a corner sucking his thumb at this point...

In any case: Best of luck Snarky!!!

No pressure of course...

Snarky

Patience, there's still... six hours to go. Plenty of time for me to introduce fix some more bugs. :P

(It is actually ready, I'm just tweaking some sound effects for maximum awesomeness.)

selmiak

no panic, I just did read cat's post as if she is downloading the client already and not waiting, well, I wish I was too, so that's probably why the post looked like that...
Well then, time to try to get a glipmse of sunrays while Snarky is locked up and tied to Dual's radiator next to the coding madness machine :-D

Andail

For someone who doesn't understand anything: Will downloading and running the client, whenever that becomes an option, be enough to attend the event?

Snarky

Tramponline

For those of you wanting to attend, but who might have
very restrictive firewalls:

Allowing 'AGS Awards 2014.exe' a connection by...

TCP protocol
Direction: Outbound
To remote adress: 217.174.240.177 (irc.agsarchives.com)
To remote port: 6667

...for example, should be all you need in order to access the Awards.

(I had to adjust my firewall in order to be able to connect during testing. Though people
more versed than me might be able to provide additional help/info.)

Snarky

OK, here goes nothing...
AGS Awards Client 1.0

If we experience any bugs in the next couple of hours, I could still try to fix them, but let's assume this is the actual, final client...

Things to know about the client:
-It only works under DirectDraw, not Direct3D/DirectX9 (if you try, it will give you a "too many sprites" error on launch).
-If you get a white error box popping up (which means there's been a problem with the IRC connection), close it ASAP. If you leave it open, the game will eventually freeze completely, and you'll have to kill it with Ctrl-Shift-ESC.
-Don't do the "click dance" (where you click like crazy in different places). If you keep doing it, you'll eventually cause a buffer overflow and crash.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk