3D character

Started by Problem, Thu 08/01/2015 20:22:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Problem

It's time to create female 3D characters for Rogue State, and since I don't have too much experience in this area, I'd like to get some feedback.
So please comment and criticize this 3D model:

Cassiebsg

At first glance, the arms looks a bit flat to me. Specially around the shoulders.
And the hair could use some more volume or a natural look.

Have you tried doing hair with Cycles in Blender? My few attempts looked like crap, but you are more experienced with the program, maybe you can create a more natural look using the hair modeling tool? ;)

Otherwise good job with the model... I don't have much more to criticize.
And I thought you were the one who was going to give me some pointers when I'm done with my first 3D model... (laugh)(roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Problem

Thanks, Cassiebsg!
I've tried Blender's hair simulation some time ago. The hair itself looked fine, but I couldn't make it blend with the toon-shader I use for my characters, the hair always looked out of place. But maybe I should give it another try.

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 08/01/2015 20:31:23And I thought you were the one who was going to give me some pointers when I'm done with my first 3D model... (laugh)(roll)

Now go and finish that model! ;)

Lasca

I think it looks really good! Wish I could do that with 3d.
I does however feel like the jacket is a bit tight, especially in the arm pits in the back view. I'm also wondering if her shoulders perhaps are a bit broad? Otherwise I really like it.

Problem

Thanks, Lasca!
here's a new version:

I've improved the texture and shading on the hair and tried to fix the flat arms and jacket. I've also changed her face a bit.

Dropped Monocle Games

The shoulder and waist look a little bit off to me, someone correct me if I'm wrong tho

I would bring in the shoulders, lower and widen the hips a bit, and more of a bum. I did a quick paint over

Looks good tho :D

Problem

Thank you, Sox!

With a few subtle changes, everything looks more natural now:

I hope she doesn't mind all the spinning...

Dropped Monocle Games

yeah, that looks better to me :D

Cassiebsg

+1
Looks good now. :)

Good job!
As for me, I'm giving my self a deadline of until the end of the month to get my first character done... but might be sooner than that. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk