MONKEY424 vs THE POSSUM

Started by monkey424, Sun 25/01/2015 22:07:54

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey424

As you may be aware, we've got a possum problem here in the kingdom of 424.

A cheeky possum has made itself at home in our roof!

Last time we had a possum in our roof (a few years ago) I kindly built a possum box which I hung in the tree and then relocated the possum's nest from the roof into the box. The possum moved into its new home within a couple of days. I thoughtfully added a door flap for privacy. We named the possum Popcorn and it was the star attraction of the neighborhood until she died that following year.

But this time..

No more Mr Nice Guy!

Using bits of scrap wood, and a chest of drawers I just found on the side of the road, I constructed this possum trap.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Here's a test run..

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrNzJBCV1jU[/embed]

As laws here prohibit killing our native possums, we will instead have the traditional BBQ lamb for lunch.

If capturing the possum is successful I will release it on the other side of the river and hopefully it will stay there!

NickyNyce

I was just thinking how awesome it was that you were building another possum home, only better..but you...you turned it into...into....*sigh*

I thought you were about to start the first possum village and become the Mayor or something.

bicilotti

Interesting & informative, I hope you will manage to, err, evict the critter (and provide footage of the act)!

CaptainD

Quote from: NickyNyce on Sun 25/01/2015 22:25:41
I was just thinking how awesome it was that you were building another possum home, only better..but you...you turned it into...into....*sigh*

I thought you were about to start the first possum village and become the major or something.

Major?  Or Mayor?! I shudder to think what the first unofficial Australian Possum Army could do!

NickyNyce

LOL...I hate these damn phones changing my spelling. Mayor.

Monkey, your profile pic makes this so much more sinister!

Frodo

Baron

We had similar travails with a raccoon 4 years back.  We had to drive it 40km away to be sure he couldn't make it back.  Good luck with that river barrier! ;)

CaptainD

We had mice once, that we trapped humanely and then drove miles to release them by a lake where in all probability they were eaten by a water vole :~( .  These mice were so skittish that we thought they might be Kangaroo Mice, until we found out that they generally only found in baking hot California, not cold and soggy Birmingham, England.

miguel

We had men living in our varanda at some point last summer, I would insult them and beat them with a long stick but they wouldn't move. My son gave them cheese and I think that's why they wouldn't move away.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

bicilotti

Quote from: miguel on Mon 26/01/2015 10:00:43
We had men living in our varanda at some point last summer, I would insult them and beat them with a long stick but they wouldn't move. My son gave them cheese and I think that's why they wouldn't move away.

xD

NickyNyce

I fart every 30 minutes, never flush, wear baggy loose underwear around the house, eat everything in sight....But my wife still won't leave. I may have to call monkey424 to remove her humanely.

Dualnames

I'd like a certain russian member killed, monkey424. How much do u charge for capture and release at the river, if you catch my drift.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

CaptainD

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 26/01/2015 11:43:06
I'd like a certain russian member killed, monkey424. How much do u charge for capture and release at the river, if you catch my drift.

Just remember, whoever it is you're referring too will need to be small enough to fit inside the possum trap, as the Aussie Possum Army theory has been debunked (sadly).

MiteWiseacreLives!

Do you have anything for pack-rats?
I don't think I can murder again... disposing of the bodies is becoming increasingly complicated..
I think they're sending me pack-rat-death-threats, yesterday I found a dead mouse in the horse treats, I'm convinced it's foul play.
Damn there cute little furry faces!!

I wish you well in your quest Monkey424

Lasca

QuoteWe had similar travails with a raccoon 4 years back.  We had to drive it 40km away to be sure he couldn't make it back.  Good luck with that river barrier!

He was probably a widdower with five starving kids. "Dad, don't leave us!". "I have too, son. But don't worry, I'll be back real soon. I promise."

You made a dad break a promise.

LimpingFish

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Mon 26/01/2015 15:12:56
Do you have anything for pack-rats?

If video games have taught me anything, it's that a bottle of wine, some jewels, an empty tin can, a wrench, and a nice watch, will solve your problems.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

monkey424

Thanks guys for the well wishes and job offers. But now I've got a possum to catch!

I've now seen the possum!

I climbed up into the attic and noticed a loose roof tile.

I fixed it but unfortunately trapped a possum in doing so. Duh! We heard a lot of scurrying around that evening so I bravely went back up to remove the tile again. I saw the possum up there, patiently waiting for me to remove the tile. It was kind of cute. Bah! >:(

After removing the tile I went outside and actually saw the possum emerge and scurry along the top of the roof and down onto the neighbour's property. I immediately returned to the attic to replace the tile again however there was another possum sitting there! It couldn't have been the same one. There must be two of them!

This afternoon I've placed the possum trap in a strategic location along the route of the possum.

Sorry, no photos of the possum yet. But believe you me, I will not rest until I have caught this possum!

And the next one..

And so on..

Until I have an army! An army of possums!

Bwhahahahaha!

CaptainD

Are there any possums in Sleuth?  SFX should be easy to come by...

monkey424

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 28/01/2015 10:39:58
Are there any possums in Sleuth?  SFX should be easy to come by...

Actually, yes! (laugh) The possums appear in a randomised location in each game. They do nothing, just hiss at you.

Cheeky fucker! Just sitting outside my trap, as if to mock me!

Cassiebsg

Quote from: monkey424 on Wed 28/01/2015 11:25:00
Cheeky fucker! Just sitting outside my trap, as if to mock me!

Let's be practical... what's his motivation to go in? :P Did you forget an important part of the puzzle? (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk