PlayMusic and PlaySound do not work

Started by Graviton63, Sun 01/02/2015 04:12:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Graviton63

I have been using AGS for a while, but I have only now started doing more with it. I have watched the video tutorials and I can not
get the PlaySound and PlayMusic commands to work. They do not even show up on the list when I type. I have the latest version, and a perfectly capable machine for running the program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

monkey0506

I believe the manual should still have the page on upgrading to AGS 3.2, which details the new audio system. PlayMusic and PlaySound have been replaced by the AudioClip.Play function. In the editor you can import your audio files and give them script names, like "aExplosion". Then you can use "aExplosion.Play();" in your script the same way you would have used PlaySound, for example.

selmiak

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Sun 01/02/2015 05:25:40
I believe the manual should still have the page on upgrading to AGS 3.2, which details the new audio system.

and/or a link to a relevant wiki page maybe.

monkey0506

Now that I have access to it, just wanted to confirm that in the manual the page is right in the root entry, so it should be easy to find. Let us know if you have issues with updating your scripts!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk