A Landlord's Dream (MAGS January 2015)

Started by LostTrainDude, Tue 03/02/2015 02:04:55

Previous topic - Next topic

LostTrainDude

It's with great honor that I announce you that A Landlord's Dream has been nominated for Best Music and Sound at the AGS Awards 2015! Thanks to all of you who voted for us!

To celebrate the nomination, HERE you can download the full OST for the game! :-D

The whole OST is about 7 minutes long, since it is made of tracks conceived to be loops rather than full songs, given that we had to release it within the MAGS deadline.
Still, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed recording it! :)
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

mercenario

Shadow1000

I played this game and I enjoyed it. It meets all the areas that it is intended to achieve: a lot of detail in the design of the environment and characters and the graphics were perfect for this game.

It seems like it's just a slice of a story. Almost like reading a chapter in middle of a book without enough of the beginning or continuation of the story. It would be great if it could be expanded that way.

SHADOW

CaptainD

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 23/03/2016 18:35:40
It seems like it's just a slice of a story. Almost like reading a chapter in middle of a book without enough of the beginning or continuation of the story. It would be great if it could be expanded that way.

Shadow, I think I can say with confidence that if we manage to turn our plans into reality on this one, it's going to make you very, very happy (nod) (nod) (nod)

Shadow1000

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 23/03/2016 18:44:05
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 23/03/2016 18:35:40

Shadow, I think I can say with confidence that if we manage to turn our plans into reality on this one, it's going to make you very, very happy (nod) (nod) (nod)

Awesome news! By the way: It goes without saying that a game made for a MAGS entry is not going to be a full length and fully developed game. MAGS developers have to work with real time constraints and decide what areas of the game they want to shine. And shine this did...

SHADOW

LostTrainDude

Thanks a lot, Shadow! I'm really glad you liked our game and also really appreciate your feedback :)
And yes, we're still planning on expanding this! I still don't know the actual direction it is going to take, but sure enough we began brainstorming about new ideas again, so, hopefully, some news about it could pop out soon.

The good thing is that we don't have any actual time constraints now (such as the one that MAGS gives you), so we have time to plan more meaningful gameplay. The bad thing... Is that we don't have any actual time constraints (roll)... I think we're going to force some later on in the development.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

AndyfromVA

Your game has a very intriguing story that deserves to be expanded upon.  If you could create a full-length game with improved graphics, you'd have a real winner.

shaun9991

Congrats on the nomination! I really enjoyed this game, the atmosphere was great and it all had a very unique feel
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

CaptainD

Chris is possibly too modest to post this so I'm going to.

ALD is one of PC Gamer's "Best Free Games of 2017"!

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-free-games-of-2017/

Which is, I feel, quite an achievement.  Proud to have had a small part in making this game, but the accolades go to LostTrainDude and Kastchey - well done guys!!

LostTrainDude

V1.2 UPDATE!
After quite some time here's an update!

Translations
The game is now available in Spanish, thanks to Maximiliano Vaccaro (LinkedIn, Twitter) and Italian (you know, being Italian it was about time (roll))

You can now switch languages either in-game or through the winsetup.exe file

New GUIs
Another "it was about time" feature: GUIs. We finally got rid of the default AGS GUIs for the Load\Save\Quit game GUIs. Now at least, they match the mood of the game :)

Dialogue Skipping
Over the years, we have often received feedback about dialogue lines disappearing too quickly. So, now you can read conversations at your own pace, skipping them by hitting a key or a mouse button (which also makes the game a little more accessible).

Download Links
itch.io | AGS Database Entry | Indiexpo | Fireflower Games (as soon as it will be updated there as well)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk