Mess Goblins

Started by Michael2968, Tue 03/02/2015 15:27:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael2968

I am trying to make the
Spoiler
fishing rod to catch the gold fish. I have the string with the paperclip attached, the pencil, the coin, the piece of candy, a paperclip, the nail file, and a piece of string. I tried using the string with the paperclip attached with the pencil but that didn't work. I need a hint about where to get the stick. I think it may be in the painting above the purse but I don't know how to get to it.
[close]
I would appreciate it if someone could give me a hint.

Thanks,
Michael

Dropped Monocle Games

Quote from: Michael2968 on Tue 03/02/2015 15:27:33
I am trying to make the
Spoiler
fishing rod to catch the gold fish. I have the string with the paperclip attached, the pencil, the coin, the piece of candy, a paperclip, the nail file, and a piece of string. I tried using the string with the paperclip attached with the pencil but that didn't work. I need a hint about where to get the stick. I think it may be in the painting above the purse but I don't know how to get to it.
[close]
I would appreciate it if someone could give me a hint.

Thanks,
Michael

Spoiler
have you found the locked cupboard above the kitchen counter? you may find something in there
[close]

Michael2968

That's another thing I need a hint about
Spoiler
how to get up to the cabinet. I have the code to open it but I'm not sure how to get up to it. I figured maybe I could use the grappling hook but I can't get it.
[close]

Thanks,
Michael

Cassiebsg

(Do those Mess Goblins also mess with msg posting? I was sure I had posted this yesterday! :o! Luckly found it on the cache... (roll) )

Actually, am not sure that will help Michael, as I was also stuck on that part yesterday...

I'll drop a few hints, in case the above hint doesn't help. ;)
Spoiler
Read at your own risk of saying "d'oh".... ;)
Hint 1:
Spoiler

Chew chew chew...

Hint 2:
Spoiler

A piece of gum makes a messy wonder and very sticky two!

Hint 3:
Spoiler

Have you tried to get that anchor? How about the pencil?

If you need the solution, ask again. ;)
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Michael2968

Thanks for the help Cassie. I finished the game.

Thanks,
Michael

mbday630

I need more of a hint. I have the string with the paperclip attached, the pencil, the coin, the piece of candy, a paperclip, the nail file, and a piece of string and a chewed piece of gum. I tried using the string with the paperclip attached with the pencil but that didn't work. I have used all my inventory on each other and am not getting any farther. I believe I need the goldfish to use on the cat, but, can't get the anchor.  A little nudge would be appreciated.

Mandle

Quote from: mbday630 on Thu 05/02/2015 15:03:33
I need more of a hint. I have the string with the paperclip attached, the pencil, the coin, the piece of candy, a paperclip, the nail file, and a piece of string and a chewed piece of gum. I tried using the string with the paperclip attached with the pencil but that didn't work. I have used all my inventory on each other and am not getting any farther. I believe I need the goldfish to use on the cat, but, can't get the anchor.  A little nudge would be appreciated.

Small Hint:
Spoiler
What anchors the anchor?
[close]

Bigger Hint:
Spoiler
The anchor is attached to the shipwreck with a chain
[close]

Biggest Hint:
Spoiler
Do you have anything that can saw through a chain?
[close]

mbday630

I did saw through the chain and the anchor is at the bottom of the fish bowl, but, I can't find a stick to fish with. I have some gum on the pencil, but, nothing is working with it.  I'm not very good at games, so, maybe more than a nudge I will need! edit:  doh!  I kept clicking the pencil on the shipwreck and not that anchor!  got the anchor now, so, hopefully I can get on with this great game!  good job, btw!

Cassiebsg

mbday630, can you use the hide tag on your posts? This way ppl can accidentally read the solution and spoil the puzzle for them. :(

You can edit your post, highlight your text and them click on the "slashed eye" icon, if you don't know how to add a tag. :-D

jkohen

I think I only have one mess left, and I'm pretty sure I've figured out the next puzzle, but I'm stuck getting something I need.
Spoiler
Where do I get bait to catch the fish? I'm carrying candy, chewed gum, the fishing pole, a paperclip, a coin and the nail file.
[close]

Cassiebsg

Quote from: jkohen on Sun 22/02/2015 06:28:09
I think I only have one mess left, and I'm pretty sure I've figured out the next puzzle, but I'm stuck getting something I need.
Spoiler
Where do I get bait to catch the fish? I'm carrying candy, chewed gum, the fishing pole, a paperclip, a coin and the nail file.
[close]

Hint 1:
Spoiler

What do fish like?
Spoiler

It's black and has wings...
[close]
[close]

Hint 2:
Spoiler

Okay, what do flies like?
Spoiler

It's sweet and sticky...
[close]
[close]

If these hints aren't enough, just say so, cause I can't think of another hint without giving the solution away. ;)

jkohen

Yeah, that doesn't help me unfortunately.
Spoiler
I thought early on that I had to make the hard candy sticky, but I couldn't figure out how. I'd appreciate a more straight answer :)
[close]

Cassiebsg

Sure, since you ask :)

Here's the solution:
Spoiler

Use the chewing gum to stick the candy on! ;)
Spoiler

You need to chew the gum first, then use it on the floor.
[close]
[close]

jkohen

That was what I was missing. I guess I missed that particular combination. Thank you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk