Icon Architect 1.0

Started by Trapezoid, Wed 04/02/2015 08:04:04

Previous topic - Next topic

xil

Great looking game, the level originality is amazing :)

I could stare at the rain coming down those windows for hours on end and can only imagine how good it'll be in game with sound!
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

arj0n

HanaIndiana

I too have to say this looks amazing. I'm really digging that 80's style.

Calypso

Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

Lt. Smash

Very great art indeed! I like how you use perspective to make the scenes more dynamic and interesting.

Armageddon

Something about this keeps making me think of the Thomas Pynchon book 'Bleeding Edge'. It's about a girl that finds this huge conspiracy within a company, it's pretty strange but cool.

I'm assuming this game takes place in Washington because of the rain and trees and tech industry there? :-D

Trapezoid

It was gonna be in Silicon Valley, but I decided I liked how trees and rain looked, so I guess it's somewhere in northern CA. I can probably get away with being nonspecific.

Mati256

Looks beautiful and interesting! 8-0 Good luck with it!
My Blog! (En Español)

Secret Fawful

That palette-cycling effect is gorgeous. I've always known that could be done in AGS, so I'm glad to see someone make use of it.

Trapezoid

This still lives. It's been slow since it's a one-man project and I have other stuff I'm working on. Here, have some newer backgrounds!

Conversation menus in action:

Cassiebsg

Oh, goody! Glad to hear it's still in production!  (nod)
Was thinking about it just the other day.

Love the new screens and the pastel palette you're using!  :-D

The dialog style seems rather interesant! Though the Gif is running a bit too fast.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Privateer Puddin'

This continues to look amazing. Love the palette cycling!

Peder 🚀

Man can`t believe this gem went under my radar.. Looking stunning!
The interaction/dialog system looks really nice! :)

selmiak

looking awesome! Keep it up!
That dialog topic selection is cool! :-D

SilverSpook

Added to the must-play list!

Fantastically original style... Retro yet contemporary! 

Good luck with this!

Nixxon

This looks grand. I love those pastel colours! Really reminds me of that early 90's software.

Holy hell with the animated water effects on the glass too.

Snarky

Looks as great as ever!

Just out of curiosity, are you actually using in-game palette cycling, or pre-rendering it and importing as animation?

dactylopus

This looks fantastic.  I love the late 80's / early 90's aesthetic.  That minivan fits perfectly.  Looking forward to seeing more.

CrashPL

Glad it's still being worked on. Looks really lovely, just looking at those awesome screenshots/animations makes me 20 years younger. :D

Chicky

OH I remember this! Happy to see you're still working on it Trapezoid. Genuinely think you've got a winner in the works here, the plot/aesthetic couldn't be more perfect. The palette cycling is lovely too, very Ferrari (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk