zQuest End of Time

Started by Anshinin, Wed 11/02/2015 17:22:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Anshinin

zQuest End of Time - Steam Greenlight Concept Page

Foreword:

This games concept and plot are based off of the canonical universe in my webcomic zQuest, however you do not need to read zQuest to fully understand and enjoy this game. It technically tells a prequel story to the events of the comic.

The Story:

Playing as either Lily or Wess, you awake on an island in a realm on the outskirts of reality known as the End of Time. Here you find a long abandoned research facility called Halext Labs where they experimented with time travel, alternate realities, and the structure of the universe as a whole. Littered throughout the different wings are empty portal gates that seem powerless. However, one in the backroom is actually powered on.

You play through different levels from worlds all across the universe and collecting the tears of interdimensional demons called Nevits. Using these Nevit Tears you can power on more portal gates and access other wings of the facility, slowly unraveling the dark secrets that Halext Labs holds, with a strange talking rat-lizard and an unknown voice talking in your head guiding you.

Screenshots: (the first image is really just a little poster type thing, not in game)

Developmental Progress:
Story: 80%
Scripting: 10%
Graphics: 20%
Music/Sound: None

Expected completion date: Too early to decide

I'll be providing updates to the main post as they come.

AnasAbdin

:) :) :) First of all, welcome to the world of AGS! :) :) :)
The concept and idea are unique 8-) maybe you could incorporate a comic page per update to introduce us to the concept fluently. I'd like to see that. Your website construction is a little complicated for a simple man like moi. Maybe this is what makes it unique. You got me curious and definitely want to see where this is going.

Anshinin

First off, thank you! :grin: Really nice to get a reply. Just wondering, what exactly do you mean by comic page per update? Like make the comic pages pertaining to something I've updated in the game and post it here?

As for the website I tried to implement the "New Reader" section to help with how complicated the site can be, but if there are still some things that need to be cleared up I could do something about that.

Frodo

Hey there.  Welcome to AGS  :smiley:

Love the art style you're using.  :grin:
Will the game be available DRM-free? 

Anshinin

Quote from: Frodo on Sun 15/02/2015 22:36:57
Hey there.  Welcome to AGS  :smiley:

Love the art style you're using.  :grin:
Will the game be available DRM-free?

Thank you! :grin: Most likely yes, a lot of the reason for me wanting to get on steam is for exposure to the project.

Frodo

Have you contacted GOG, to get more exposure for your game?  :smiley:

Anshinin

Quote from: Frodo on Sun 15/02/2015 23:05:59
Have you contacted GOG, to get more exposure for your game?  :smiley:

I just checked it out and submitted to it, thanks for showing me that. Hopefully this works out in my favor :cool:

Frodo

Got my fingers crossed for you  :wink:

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Anshinin on Sun 15/02/2015 21:35:57Just wondering, what exactly do you mean by comic page per update?

It's only an idea ;) since you already have a web comic, you can make a fusion between it and this thread. Or you could actually update your post with comics which would be a first for me to see in here 8-0 I really appreciate the intention to modify your website. But please keep your website the way YOU want it to be. I'm not a dedicated visitor to web comics sites so I might be very out of fashion over there.

Relevant fact... Anastrønaut was first intended to be a web comic about my daily life until I collected all my courage and AGSed the fun out of it (laugh)

Anshinin

As the updates become more substantial I'd probably do that, it's not a bad idea. I love doing little situation relevant comic panels, even if they're only for a forum.

Also while I'm at it I took a really short video of just showing some stuff in the game, it's nothing much but I just figured I'd show the game actually moving for once. I guess you could call it a teaser?

[embed=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl2-2HjLmdI[/embed]

Anshinin

Working on the hexad battle system :cool::cool::cool:

Juan Dahmen

Darth Mandarb

Juan Dahmen - Please read the FORUM RULES before further posting.

Anshinin - if you're still out there working on this and wish to post an update let me know (via PM (and include the link to this thread)) and I'll unlock it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk