"The Bounty Killer: Tacos Pete in the Land of the Zombie Bandits"

Started by Romeo, Sun 15/02/2015 16:12:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

Hi everybody,

I'm working on this new project called "The Bounty Killer: Tacos Pete in the Land of the Zombie Bandits".
It's a year or so that I'm working on this game in my spare time. So, after finishing the first chapter (out of three) I've decided to post it here. It's a classic 640x480 cartoon-style point and click adventure game with a 3 cursors Sierra-style interface, even though there will be some arcade sequences (like the "fishing mini-game" shown in the picture below).
I know that not everybody likes arcade mini games while playing adventures, so I'm not sure yet whether to allow the player to skip those sequences or not. Any suggestions or critics are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Romeo

story: 70%
graphics: 40%
music: 33%
scripting: 40%

Expected completion date: fall 2015.

Cassiebsg

It's looking great! :)
Keep up the good work.

As for the mini-games, I'm one of those that rather be free from them, however, I would put a question for you: How important are those mini-games for the story. If they are just there for the fun, then make it optional, however if you need something like a fish or more that you need to fish, you can just say "this is an important part of my story and puzzle, and it stays. Live with it!"... or you could devise an alternative puzzle to the mini-games...

In the end it's your game and vision, and you can hardly satisfy all gamers, so make your decision and stick with it. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

MiteWiseacreLives!

Gurok

I love the zany cartoon style of the game.

I think it's best that you let people skip arcade sequences after a few tries. Along the lines of devising alternative puzzles, you could also rework the arcade sequences so that they're not timing based but turn based. Just a thought.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Romeo

Thanks guys for your positive comments! :smiley: They help me to keep my enthusiasm for making the game high.
So far, I'm inclined to keep the minigames unskippable.

Gribbler

It looks great! Good luck with the production.

As for the mini-games it all depends on the mechanics and the difficulty. It's an adventure game so action parts should be easy.

Stupot

Romeo

Thanks Gribbler and Stupot+
The mini-games are quite easy and I think they help the player to follow the story and get more involved in the game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk