AGS Awards 2014 AGS Client - Now soliciting avatars!

Started by Snarky, Tue 17/02/2015 02:30:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Quote from: moloko on Wed 25/02/2015 15:36:08Let me know if these will do.

Nice, thanks!

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 25/02/2015 16:07:31
I probably won't be attending the awards, but maybe someone would like to use Minifeg as an avatar? (nod)

Sure, just send me the file and I'll stick it in!

In case anyone's curious, this brings the total number of avatars up to almost 80. We started with about 30 (mostly LucasArts sprites), people have sent me a bit more than 20 avatars for general use, plus 12 reserved for nominees (if you have a nominated game and haven't yet sent me an avatar, please do so ASAP!). In adition I've grabbed characters from opensource AGS games. It should be a very AGSy event!

Snarky

Quote from: moloko on Wed 25/02/2015 15:36:08

Dude, these are messed up. The frames are out of order, and you're missing a standing frame.

Also, when people submit in tiled format, it would be useful if you let me know the tile size.

moloko

As said, I didnt' have a PC at hand to check consistency. That said, I do now, and tbh I don't think I had any of these problems. The standing frames are there, the tile size is simply the image divided by the instances (it shows the image size when tiling, so just divide that size by the instances of the character.).

I am sorry I made this difficult for you, however, especially since you're already willing to do me this favor. I exported a .cha file for you to use, so if all goes well this ought to work. Here it is.

Snarky

Thanks! No, I'm sorry I snapped. I'd been messing around with the AGS tile import and was getting frustrated (I never use it myself; it just seems incredibly fiddly, and if you press a wrong button or forget to check that checkbox you import a bunch of wrong sprites and lose all the setup you had). On closer look I see that the right walkcycle frames are simply in reverse order (presumably because you mirrored the left cycle). I still don't see a right standing frame, though. CHA file should make things a lot easier.

moloko

Well, you'd think I'd just be able to mirror the left walkcycle, but the dress splits on the right side, so no go there. :) It's different and custom with leg showing. The AGS sprite editor allows you to simply flip a frame or reuse a different frame whereever you like. It's fiddly and tedious, but it's the only way I know how.

Cassiebsg

Oh, I forgot to mention, fell free to add Minifeg to open source. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Monsieur OUXX

I'm seconding Moloko, I'd love to see Nikee as an avatar.

Snarky

She's in there, both with and sans dress!

Thanks to everyone who has sent me avatars so far. There's a pretty good selection now, but we could always use more!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk