Background Blitz - Imprisonment - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Started by GreenBeams, Thu 26/02/2015 23:02:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Wed 25/03/2015 23:00:53
More evidence that I'm working ;)

ARRRRGGGHH!!! STOP SHOWING AWESOME STUFF IN TINY CHUNKS!!!

I wanna see the full pic all at once and have my head explode from sheer awesomeness!!!

Monsieur OUXX

Dammit I work with a monitor that has terrible, terrible contrast.
Every evening, I work on it and I'm happy, but then every morning I look at my drawing at work and I realize it's all black.

Haggis

That's how I felt about my entry - if you look at it during the day it's pretty dark and murky. Look at it at night and it's much clearer!

Your entry is coming along very nicely - mystic stone figures and nazi flags. Ominous.

As usual the quality of entries this month is staggering.

ThreeOhFour

Get a better light! I work with a ceiling light and a lamp, and also an LED light behind my monitor that shines on the wall and lights the wall up. That way my lighting conditions for drawing are always as consistent as possible.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Thu 26/03/2015 09:56:21
Get a better light! I work with a ceiling light and a lamp, and also an LED light behind my monitor that shines on the wall and lights the wall up. That way my lighting conditions for drawing are always as consistent as possible.

Thanks for the tips, but it's not a matter of consistency in that specific case. It's my laptop's screen that is really terrible. IT's very unnecessarily bright while having a terrible contrast. It gives me a headache after 1 hour. You can't see the whole image at the same time (the contrast is significantly different at the top and at the bottom of the screen). I have to move my head up and down... >:( Terrible, terrible screen. Thank god it will be replaced soon.

Snarky

My laptop (an old MacBook Pro) is a bit banged up, and has the peculiar feature that any black parts of the screen get filled with green snow, like some shitty version of the matrix, unless i press down on the case in certain specific spots. And sometimes there's pink static in white regions, but not as much. I don't use it for drawing, but it makes it quite annoying to watch movies on.

WRK

Monsieur OUXX

Oooooooooooow!!!!!! That is gorgeous! The other ones were gorgeous too, but that's my type of pixel art!

GreenBeams

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 26/03/2015 09:35:33
Dammit I work with a monitor that has terrible, terrible contrast.
Every evening, I work on it and I'm happy, but then every morning I look at my drawing at work and I realize it's all black.

Hmmm, just thought i'd weigh in on this one too - when i view it on the laptop, i get the detail (a little dark but i'd have to see the whole picture to tell if that shadow is justified given the light source) However, when i view it on the ipad it's mostly just solid black. with no detail whatsoever. i've no real clue as to why this is the case though =(

What i can see of it on the laptop looks typically excellent and up to your usual high standards! :-D

And, @WRK, that's some mighty, puurdy fine work! Lovely stuff ;-D

Haggis

@WRK - yet more beautiful pixel art from your bad self! Stunning. Love all the little details. How does one pick a winner from all these magnificent works?

@MonsieurOUXX - it's not even finished yet and I know it's going to be another masterpiece! For info - to get around the fact the image is very very dark I stuck your image in photoshop and ramped up the contrast / brightness so I could make it out.

selmiak

Creamy

@ Misj': it's funny that your personal  text is "Too lazy to add an avatar" when you keep coming up with amazing art.

@ MonsieurOUXX: the contrast is good on my monitor. So far, the background looks like it could fit in your own Indy game :smiley:

@ WRK : so many details with so few pixels! The colours are spot-on too.

@ Haggis : simple yet effective. Is it a second pod in the distance? 
QuoteI think I'd happily live there
(wtf)

Haggis

@Creamy - thanks! I was planning to add some text or some markings to the exterior of the pod but I just couldn't achieve it in a way I was happy with within the timescales.

QuoteIs it a second pod in the distance?

Correct! I was going for full on isolation but Cassie gave me the idea to subtly hint at the existence of other pods out there.

loominous

Blimey, it's been more than four years since my last entry. Cool to see the standard being so high these days!

Looking for a writer

GreenBeams

@loominous - Holy! Sheep! I think one of my eyes just fell off! 8-0

So glad OUXX asked for that extension  :-D

Misj'

Quote from: GreenBeams on Thu 26/03/2015 20:32:52So glad OUXX asked for that extension  :-D
I'm not...all these will make my voting-choices a lot harder. :-D

ps. good to see you're back in the race Loominous...

Monsieur OUXX

Holy mother of farping Jesus, what's going on? Are you all becoming insane? Next thing I'll know is that CJ will come back to life just to join this contest.

Still a work in progress:
[imgzoom]https://40.media.tumblr.com/b859841493bdb993330a297842814c04/tumblr_nluf2hy5Yr1tsfksfo1_1280.png[/imgzoom]

Mouth for war

Wow! EVERY entry is very nice for this competition indeed!!!! Good work people :)
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

ThreeOhFour

More great entries. Awesome to see loominous entering again!

AprilSkies

Awesome works guys!!!
all entries are soo good ... WRK and M.OUXX ONES are STUNNING!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk