Fortnightly Writing Comp - LOST IN TRANSLATION (Results)

Started by Baron, Tue 31/03/2015 03:35:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinitrena

It's a week since voting was originally supposed to be over. Isn't it time to declare a winner here? (It doesn't look like anyone else is going to vote :~()

Baron

Yes, I agree.  Summon the contest organizer!  Oh wait....  :-[

After careful tabulation of the votes, I conclude that the results are as follows:

The Golden Tongue of Translation goes to kconan with 9 votes.  I will admit I had to look up more than a dozen Carney terms in my attempt to decipher the story, but it read well!  I too would have liked a bit more story development, but dem's the breaks when we abide by a tight word count.  Congratulations!

The Silver Tongue of Cipher goes to Kasander with 8 votes.  I agree that this piece was the truest to the theme, in my opinion, despite the word count violation ( ;) ).  Your Unholy Analogies Gone Awry are too numerous to count, making it a very entertaining read.  And yet, beneath the entertainment, I liked how the story unfolded in a kind of brooding melancholic way.  Your winning of the most-substantive category is well-deserved, and you were within a hair of winning the contest outright.  Good work!

The Bronze Tongue of Babel goes to Sinitrena with 7 votes.  I liked the atmosphere you produced the best of all the pieces, and I think if I'd included that as a category then we might be dealing with a three-way tie.  Nice effort on a hard topic!

Well, I guess it's up to kconan to start the next topic.  I hope to see everyone out again for the next exciting instalment of...

The Fortnightly Writing Competition!!!

kconan

That was a fun and challenging comp!  I'll put up the next competition later tonight.

Sinitrena

Kasander

Thanks and congratulations Sinitrena and kconan! Thank you Baron, I've enjoyed this Comp's theme a lot! Cheers :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk