Post production paintovers to Sketchup renders

Started by Quintaros, Sun 01/03/2015 16:59:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Quintaros

There will be penny-farthings, and mini-mokes, and Alouette 2s... and all of the other iconic staples of the series. 

Snarky

So it's The Prisoner? (Never seen it, but a quick gimgle - that's short for "to google image something," all the cool kids use it - seems to confirm.) Cool!

The latest version looks much better. A bit of texture helps immensely.  Is it deliberate that the ship is embedded into the dock?

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 15/03/2015 11:46:08
So it's The Prisoner? (Never seen it

It seems to be exactly that, and you should!!!

There's just something about that series that appeals (in my opinion) to the hearts of adventure gamers...

Spoilers:
Spoiler
A British secret agent gets mad and resigns. We don't know why: it all happens in the opening credits(In what I consider a perfect study for anyone making an intro to a game). He goes home and gets gassed. He passes out and wakes up in The Village: A rather pleasant retirement home/concentration camp for ex-spies. Rather pleasant that is unless you still had a bit of a life to go back to. Well, forget that! There are giant bubble sentries that will encase you in their innards if you test the perimeters, and a whole bunch of Number Twos (this is a '70's British show so the obvious humour here does not apply) to try to break you to give up the INFORMATION!!! Add all this to a beautiful resort where people kick back riding penny-farthings, play chess on seaside balconies against ex-adversaries, and view daily circus parades on the hour.

I AM NOT A NUMBER...

I AM A FREE MAN!!!
[close]

Kasander

Once upon a time this show made me buy a lava lamp. True story (laugh)

It's a perfect material to adapt for adventure game. So many story and gameplay ideas. Yeah, I'd love to play as a Number. Keep it up, Quintaros! :)

Quintaros

I'm really happy that people recognize it and are enthusiastic about a game version.  I'm making the game to be self contained so that one need not have seen the series to follow the game... But hopefully anyone who enjoyed the game would be turned on to the series.

And yes, Snarky, the boat is supposed to be built into the shore so I'm glad that came across.

Eric

There were actually a number of early text adventure adaptations of the game. One of which you could win by simply refusing to play!

Looking forward to this one!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk