Adventure Jam (Upcoming game jam for adventure games April 3-17 2015)

Started by Greg Squire, Tue 03/03/2015 18:00:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Squire

Just came across this upcoming game jam for adventure games. Starts April 3rd and goes for two weeks.
http://jams.gamejolt.io/adventurejam

Looks fun!

Stupot

Yeah, the last one produced some good stuff, but a lot of half finished stuff. I do actually have a time off for those two weeks as I'll be between jobs, so I should probably consider entering.

xil

Would it be considered bad form to create a game for the April MAGS and enter it into both adventure jam and MAGS? Obviously I would limit my game for the MAGS to a 14 day creation period to fit the adventure jam rules.
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

FenderBenter

Quote from: xil on Wed 04/03/2015 23:52:21
Would it be considered bad form to create a game for the April MAGS and enter it into both adventure jam and MAGS? Obviously I would limit my game for the MAGS to a 14 day creation period to fit the adventure jam rules.

Hey there! We don't find anything wrong with submitting one game into multiple jams as long as it meets the requirements for them all. :) Any other questions, just ask!
Co-creator of AdventureJam

ddq

I hope to see a solid representation of AGS games in the jam, so everyone get planning!

David Ostman

Stupot

Quote from: David Ostman on Sat 04/04/2015 12:50:26
So in case anyone forgot about this, it's now started :)

http://jams.gamejolt.io/adventurejam
yep. I'm in. Going to try and double it up with MAGS. Although, only two days in and there's already some better looking stuff than I'll ever achieve. :-/

m0ds

Nice one! If I could muster/grow half a creative brain cell I would enter, tempted...seems like a cool thing :) At the very least I will be sure to use all the brain capacity required to tweet & share this tomorrow at normal GMT hours to spread the word. I recognize a few names in the entry list... so good luck and have fun :)

Firgof

I'm being incredibly brash and brazen and throwing my game together while learning AGS at the same time (this is the first time I've touched it).  So far I'm really pleased with how AGS is handling things.
What's taken me about a week's work in Unity (which I scrapped when I switched over to AGS) I've done in about 9 workhours.  I'm now well and beyond what I had done in Unity and am still going strong.

There's a lot of stiff competition in this jam from what I'm seeing so far.  I'm going to have my hands full trying to climb to the top.

(This is my entry so far - it's only about 2/5s complete atm.)

It does what I want, when I want it to, and does all the things I need to make this game rapidly.  (Which when you only have 11 days to make it, is critical)

Looking forward to seeing what other projects from AGS show up in this competition if a newb like me can do this much.

Anian

Good on you Firgof, I planned on making a simple point-n-click system in Gamemaker and learn more about GM in the process, but alas it seems it's going to be a busy couple of weeks at work so maybe next time.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Stupot

Well. The Jam is over.
My Entry is here: http://jams.gamejolt.io/adventurejam/games/power-nap/58788
Please take your time to play it and vote.

I'll make a database entry and completed Games page soon. But for now, I've got housework to do.

xil

Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

Matt Frith

Here is my entry!  I finished it with seconds to spare after a two hour debugging session with ddq.  It was a close call.

Give it a go here: http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/foundations/59709/

Comments and ratings will be greatly appreciated.

selmiak

Is it christmas already? This is beautiful!
And searching gamejolt for #adventurejam yields even more free adventure games! Why is the weekend over already?!

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk