Mittens 2015 New Orleans August 7 - 14

Started by Disco, Sun 04/01/2015 05:22:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Quintaros

I was hesitant about going to New Orleans during the heat of August but if this is the year that Mills is returning to Mittens I think I should make my return also.

Snarky

Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 10/03/2015 15:21:15
The Gabriel Knight tour takes literally 5 minutes. All the relevant locations are pretty close to each other.

You must have had luck with the lines to see the underground hounfour under St. Louis Cathedral. And are you counting the time spent being harassed by roving mimes in Jackson Square?

Esseb

MillsJROSS

Quote from: Quintaros on Tue 10/03/2015 15:32:00
I was hesitant about going to New Orleans during the heat of August but if this is the year that Mills is returning to Mittens I think I should make my return also.

If you're going, I'm doubly going! Unless that means I have to pay twice, in which case, I'm just singly going. Not it for food poisoning this trip.

Disco

There are now 13 confirmed attendees :D because of this, rents have been reduced from $290 to $246 if
no one else joins.

Since I will travel to Mittens via train from Chicago, I will not be bringing cash for refunds. Once our numbers settle, I will issue them in advance via Paypal.

Payment amount beginning from the 14th (and beyond) guest will now be $229.

AGA

I would personally be happy to wait until we get there to sort the refund out.  You'd probably lose money in fees if you had to sent the money back by PayPal anyway?

m0ds

Too bad it's not % off the 1000 GBP flight. Sorry guys, too expensive for me to make it. But have fun!

AGA

ddq

Sent in my payment. I'll be driving my car down, which seats 5, though walking around the city shouldn't be too hard. Then again, my car has air conditioning.

Miez

I've looked at my financial and 'available time' situation, and sadly I must decline this year. :( A shame as New Orleans is certainly on my "must visit" list.
Have a lot of fun Mitteneers!

cat

I'm sorry to hear that, Arj0n :(
I hope that you will still stick around here on the forums and get back your energy soon.

@All: The house looks great and New Orleans sounds exciting, I wish you all a great Mittens!
Maybe I will see at least some of you at next AdventureX...

Snarky

Yes, sorry to hear that, Arj0n. Hope you'll be OK, and please do get back in touch when you feel up to it.

Snarky

Quote from: Disco on Wed 25/02/2015 21:23:34
This brings up something I have been curious about. Is anyone interested in extending their trip for the weekend after Mittens or going to another nearby city for a few days? We have have done that a few times in the past, so wondering if that is something anyone is interested in. I don't have any specific ideas myself, just putting it out there.
Quote from: Grundislav on Wed 25/02/2015 21:48:23
As far as an extended stay, we were planning on getting a hotel in the French Quarter and staying the rest of the weekend.

I'm looking at booking a flight, and I think I'd be up for staying the weekend as well.

arj0n

Disco

I've just booked train tickets for violetnotpurple and I. We are due to arrive at the New Orleans Amtrak station at 15:32 the first day. We will also probably be staying for the weekend after Mittens, most likely at one of the area hostels.

AGA

Are you planning to be the first to arrive to do all the meeting the landlord stuff?

Snarky

I'm actually arriving (late) the day before, so if there's any stuff that needs to be taken care of early on the first day, I could be at hand for that. I'm also staying the weekend after. Haven't sorted out accommodation on either end yet.

Disco

Typical changeover times for rentals are around 16:00-17:00, so we should be well within the time limits to get the keys.

Grundislav

Tzach, Noa, Jess, and myself will be arriving on Friday, August 7th at 12:09pm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk