Star Trek: Back To The Mansion – ‘Shareware’ version

Started by QuintaxGames, Fri 06/03/2015 08:02:16

Previous topic - Next topic

QuintaxGames

***Message incoming from Wesley Crusher ***
ATTN:// Senior Staff
“HELP! Councilor Troi and I were on the holodeck going through the historical achieves when a programmed opened itself! The evil Romulan scientist, Dr Fred, has captured Sandy… I mean Councilor Troi and if we don't get her out soon his going to kill her!
P.S Please don't tell my mum…
HURRY!!
-Wesley Crusher “

Join The Next Generation crew as you play through the classic Maniac mansion, complete with retro graphics and a TNG twist! Just like in Maniac Mansion, you can select 2 extra characters to help Commander Riker on his mission. Each character has their own unique starting item and personal character traits to help them conquer the mansion and rescue Troi.
Development Progress:

Story: 50%
Scripting: 30%
Graphics: 60%
Sound/Music: 5%

Expected completion date: Q2 2016

CaptainD

I like the look of this, it looks wonderfully goofy and appeals to my sense of humour, but...

- Is Wesley's poor English deliberate?
- I am confused as to why the verb list looks so different in the two screenshots
- I am not sure why this is going to be the "shareware" version

Retro Wolf

Shareware implies you will eventually ask the player for money!
Since you are stealing from Maniac Mansion and Star Trek... Ron Gilbert and Jean-Luc gonna fuck your shit up!

QuintaxGames

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 06/03/2015 09:48:39
I like the look of this, it looks wonderfully goofy and appeals to my sense of humour, but...

- Is Wesley's poor English deliberate?
- I am confused as to why the verb list looks do different in the two screenshots
- I am not sure why this is going to be the "shareware" version

- Ummm.. for now I'm going to say YES to Wesley's poor English.. :tongue:
- The first screenshot was an early test, the 2nd is what the game looks like currently.
- Just to clarify, we chose the term 'Shareware' because we wanted to keep the retro feel, and it sounded less boring than calling it a demo.

The 'Shareware'/demo version is online so feel free to check it out. We need all the feedback we can get! :grin:

QuintaxGames

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Fri 06/03/2015 10:33:55
Shareware implies you will eventually ask the player for money!
Since you are stealing from Maniac Mansion and Star Trek... Ron Gilbert and Jean-Luc gonna fuck your shit up!

I would LOVE it if Ron Gilbert would play this, we need all the feedback we can get!!:tongue:
There is only two of us working on BTTM and neither of us are very 'graphically trained' so we have had to 'borrow' and 'liberate' graphics from Maniac Mansion.
That said, it made life easier for us, since we didn't have to redraw stuff that already existed, and for the gamer its better, since they are in familiar surroundings, until something weird and different happens.

QuintaxGames

Hi All!

Just wanted to give an update on the progress of Back To The Mansion..
Life has been getting in the way alot more than was planned, but work is still going on.

A Facebook page that is the main port of call is up now, so make sure you check it out at www.facebook.com/backtothemansion

Here is the current level of completion:
Story: 80%
Scripting: 60%
Graphics: 90%
Sound/Music: 20%

The demo is still available, so if you haven't tried it give it a go and post your feedback!

Thanks all!
-Quintax Games

Darth Mandarb

I have merged this with your old topic.

Please keep updates to the original thread.

QuintaxGames

Just wanted to upload a fresh image.
Been busy programming the code for the radio room and decided to make a small little script change to have it make more sense.. at least that is what I'm hoping!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk