Purgatory - Horror Adventure Game - First Background

Started by JoelMayer, Mon 09/03/2015 08:57:54

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelMayer

Hi Guys

After spending months on my Design Doc, i produced a first spec Background with my Character WIP. The Game is a Horror Adventure, in the veign of "Clock Tower" amongst others... I'm using Visionaire as an Engine but i hope it's allright when i show you guys this stuff anyway, because in my eyes the AGS Community is the best Adventure Development Forum there is!

If not, just let me know...

Anyhow, i'm using Photoshop and Adobe Flash for Backgrounds/Character Animation respectively. I'm not THAT skilled of a Painter and i'll probably redo it because its a bit too smeary for my tastes but i hope it gives you a good Idea of the direction i'm trying to go...

[imgzoom]http://images.siteface.net/siteface/Forum/30639/1_WIP.jpg[/imgzoom]

Theme

Awesome! But i think the cartoony character is not too scary.

NickyNyce

I really like it. I don't think the character needs to look scary, and I don't think she looks out of place. Her foot might be angled a bit wrong, and the back of her knee seems twisted, due to that one line stretching too far across towards the knee. Her back is too arched. It looks like her back is broken. But otherwise, I like her.

The BG has a nice atmosphere, and the lighting looks really cool. I say, well done.

JoelMayer

Thanks guys, i really appreciate it!

QuoteBut i think the cartoony character is not too scary.

That's true. She's not supposed to be a scary character though, rather she GETS scared haha. But yeah, i agree the Art Style is not the most gruesome one but it's just the way i draw. I try to do my best with the "other things..." :)

QuoteHer foot might be angled a bit wrong, and the back of her knee seems twisted, due to that one line stretching too far across towards the knee. Her back is too arched. It looks like her back is broken. But otherwise, I like her.

Thank you! I agree with everything :) I'll work on her quite some more until i'm satisfied and start animation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk