Where in the world is...? Or, Oldies, check in here!

Started by Andail, Thu 12/03/2015 10:36:48

Previous topic - Next topic

[delete}

Sometimes I even miss those forum downtimes, that feeling of losing s.th.

BarbWire

Hi Darth Mandarb
Well, that certainly lightened the mood and made me laugh.
Let's hope AGSers reading and commenting on these posts will renew interest in a great package.
I'm sure there's life in the old dog yet. And I'm not talking about you! (laugh)

Best Wishes
BarbWire

AGA

Most of us were teenagers and students in the early days.  Now we're adults, and have more important things to do with our time.

Quintaros

Quote from: Andail on Mon 16/03/2015 10:59:02
...while the community has seen a decline in the daily, casual activity, we create games like never before.

That's been my observation as well since coming back.  People are doing instead of talking about doing and that's great.  But I do miss the volume of activity on the forums where I could visit the forums a few times throughout the day and expect to see lots of new posts and interesting threads each time.

ManicMatt

LimpingFish

Quote from: Quintaros on Mon 16/03/2015 18:59:16
But I do miss the volume of activity on the forums where I could visit the forums a few times throughout the day and expect to see lots of new posts and interesting threads each time.

People had a lot of opinions regarding the more incendiary thread topics, and weren't afraid to post them. Religion, politics, The Forgotten Element, trolls, etc. Aside from some Icey-related business, we don't see so much of that any more.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Synthetique

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 16/03/2015 14:55:48
I just always assumed it was my smell that drove 'em all away.
Your smell led me back.

Mouth for war

AGA...How DARE you say a thing like that...more important things to do...hmmfff ;-)
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

BarbWire

Hi All
Just one more thing then I'll leave you in peace ( cue Sigh of relief from the powers that be)
I wonder how many members have actually defected to Multi Media Fusion and Android.
If they have they should return to AGS tout suite ( should that be tout de suite)   because we miss them.

Atelier

Quote from: Amélie on Mon 16/03/2015 16:31:23
Sometimes I even miss those forum downtimes, that feeling of losing s.th.

Yeah, please can we program some artificial downtime to happen for a few hours every couple of weeks?

[delete}

I miss Subspark, who was the sprite artist of Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Atelier on Thu 19/03/2015 11:28:21
Yeah, please can we program some artificial downtime to happen for a few hours every couple of weeks?

ok..

Nikolas

I can't believe that I still have the bigblue forum page as my homepage, yet I've stopped posting.

Nobody asked for me, but I'm still here... just not doing many games anymore (music I mean).

How about Kinoko or Vince XII? Or Don the Barbarian...?

ManicMatt

Hey Nik! Is that to remind you of where you came from to where you are now? (Er sort of)

Even your avatar has gone!

Babar

Quote from: Nikolas on Wed 01/04/2015 20:04:21
I can't believe that I still have the bigblue forum page as my homepage, yet I've stopped posting.

Nobody asked for me, but I'm still here... just not doing many games anymore (music I mean).
bigbluecup? What is that? :D
Also, I guess I just didn't know you were gone. I see you often enough on facebook, flourishing in your music, so I figure you're just as active. Kinoko showed up relatively recently trying to find a copy of her old game files, I think, I'm sure Vince still posts around (or maybe I just didn't realise he doesn't because he's on my facebook too :O), and I thought Don/Barbarian was still around as well?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Eric

Vince is working on a nice-looking new comic. I follow him on Twitter....

Nikolas

Yeah, I'm doing fine... ;D Dealing with plenty of classical music because of Editions Musica Ferrum!

I have close contact with Vince obviously (since we love each other dearly := ) and his comics is very very nice! ;)

Kinoko is also doing well (since I also have her on facebook).

But Andail said that we shouldn't count people we keep in contact from the outside, so...

No, I've not seen Don in ages and I'd love to check him out sometime. he was awesome!

MonkeySpank

Hey guys!

#24 chiming in :) hope some people still remember me!

I play adventure games every once in a while but I rarely visit these forums as I don't have time to make games. I have loads of ideas for games but life just takes too much time. Hopefully when I achieve financial independence I'll be able to make a game or two :)

I'm currently pursuing a PhD in computer science and make websites on the side!

Sorry for the shameless plug but these are two of my websites that I am most proud of:

http://musicdiscipline.com
http://www.bigbasstabs.com
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Ghost

I sometimes miss Rubacant and wonder what he's doing now.

Domino

I used to visit these forums all the time. But once I got on Facebook, I kind of went missing. I still check in once in awhile.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk