Where in the world is...? Or, Oldies, check in here!

Started by Andail, Thu 12/03/2015 10:36:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Quote from: MonkeySpank on Sun 05/04/2015 21:09:19
Hey guys!

#24 chiming in :) hope some people still remember me!

I play adventure games every once in a while but I rarely visit these forums as I don't have time to make games. I have loads of ideas for games but life just takes too much time. Hopefully when I achieve financial independence I'll be able to make a game or two :)

I'm currently pursuing a PhD in computer science and make websites on the side!

Sorry for the shameless plug but these are two of my websites that I am most proud of:

http://musicdiscipline.com
http://www.bigbasstabs.com

Long time no see, MonkeySpank!

ManicMatt

Helm told me my music sucked and told me why. I then made better music. Good ol' honest Helm.

Hey Domino, you're um, damn, maybe i'm just super tired right now, you're.. Kenneth right? I'm pretty sure you're on my facebook guestlist.

Blackthorne

-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Domino

Quote from: ManicMatt on Mon 20/04/2015 23:08:28
Hey Domino, you're um, damn, maybe i'm just super tired right now, you're.. Kenneth right? I'm pretty sure you're on my facebook guestlist.

ManicMatt, that is not me, but we were friends on Xbox Live for a while.

ManicMatt

Ah I see, my 360 has been in it's box for years! PS3 has been dominating it!

SinSin

I'm not an original AGSer butI have been around for ten years now.
I do stray now and then but I always come home :).

Jus sayin ;-D
Currently working on a project!

rodekill

Holy crap... how long was I asleep in that broom closet? Why didn't anyone wake me up!?!?
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Andail

Hey Rodekill!
Hehe, that must be some sort of record :)

AGA

rodekill

Hey there, nice to see that some familiar faces, er... names, are still hanging around here.

Just to maybe followup on this, I don't actually remember why I stopped working on AGS stuff.

No wait. I actually just did right now, kind of. Long story short, I was living on my own, still working on my remake of Rode Kill 1, but working for a scumlord who started bouncing my paycheques. Yadda yadda yadda my computer decided to join in my fun of being broke and... broke. So I guess not having a PC for a while just caused me to drift away from it.

The good news is I eventually found a better job, got a new computer, and started learning more about game design and development. Skip ahead a few more years and now I'm working on this.

I've been working in the industry for just over eight years now and shipped a bunch of mediocre-to-crap games for a different developer before coming to work at Eidos, so I'm pretty excited to finally be working on something really cool.

My free time is spent alternately between trying to keep my son from jumping off the furniture and killing himself (oh yeah, I made one of those also) and still plugging away on my own games, mostly with Unity and more recently Unreal.

I still lurk around here one in a while. It's been really cool seeing what some of the old AGS crew have been up to, like Eric and his book (It's great! Order it!) and of course Dave and Wadget Eye.

Hopefully one day I'll manage to find the time to actually finishing something on my own. I'd love to revisit Rode, Rusty and all those characters.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

AGA

Holy shit, you're working at Ubisoft Montreal?  Will you marry me?

rodekill

Eidos Montreal actually, but you're not the first person to make that assumption. :P

If it's any consolation, I have friends that work at Ubi. I can point you their way if you're still looking to get married.
peepee

AGA

Er, I meant that.  I confused my love of the new Deus Ex games (and enjoyment of Thief) with my love of the Assassin's Creed games.  Easy mistake to make!

rodekill

Hey AGA, I work at Ubisoft now so we can finally get married.
peepee

CaptainD

I can see this thread being featured in a "Still a better love story than Twilight" meme one day...

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Babar

That must've been a great job interview!
"Why do you want this job?"
"My love won't marry me unless I work at Ubisoft".
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Nikolas

Quote from: Babar on Wed 25/01/2017 18:36:34
That must've been a great job interview!
"Why do you want this job?"
"My love won't marry me unless I work at Ubisoft".
Makes total sense really! :P

Buckethead

QuoteWherever did that odd fellow Buckethead go off to? I really miss that peculiar gentleman.
Spoiler
Said no one ever :=
[close]

I just want to say hi and post on the forums again. I haven't been active for more than a couple years, but lately I have been playing more adventure games again. Plus I have been itching to work on something myself. I'm studying to become a software engineer so things should go more smoothly this time. Or I might get overly ambitious and not finish anything ever.

Good to be back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk