Im Having "Mouse" difficulties playing most AGS games.

Started by MufasaRKG, Sun 15/03/2015 03:22:05

Previous topic - Next topic

MufasaRKG

I have downloaded a few games on the community release forums and I'm having a bit trouble reading the games after I unzipped some or just play the executable files. When most games start, I will recieve the intro screens, but the mouse cursor will not move. I tried disabling my "firewall" to avoid security suggestions but still seem to have trouble running a few of these games. The best ones I have played and had worked before with little problems were the Chzo Mythos series. Other games besides those give me some bit of trouble to play or even start them. Any advice that may help?

-m
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS
Underground Art, Music, & Culture

Cassiebsg

I've experience such weird mouse behavior (mouse not working), I usually just close the game and run it again. It usually solves the problem and the mouse then runs normally.

Have no idea what causes the problem, though.

You may also try and fiddle with winsetup, that most AGS games come with, and see it there's a setting or settings that work better with your system.

If this does not help, you may need to provide more info, like what system/computer you have, mouse, & exactly which games (and AGS version) that are causing problems, so that the "experts" can try and solve your problem.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

MufasaRKG

Thank you for the advice. I did even run into a few "winsetup" errors where they won't read. Could be something simple im not avoiding.

-m
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

Monsieur OUXX

This is not guaranteed to work at all : After the game starts, try switching between different open windows (using Alt+Tab) and then switch back to the game window and explicitly click into it. I've found it sometimes helps the game catching the focus of the mouse.

MufasaRKG

BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk