NOSTALGIK ( Game demo preview available! )

Started by MufasaRKG, Mon 23/03/2015 21:34:13

Previous topic - Next topic

MufasaRKG

The NOSTALGIK game demo release is finally available for official download by INDIEDB.COM. Sorry it took a few days that was mention for release this past Sunday, but I had to wait till INDIE DB review tested and approved of the game demo. Please if you have a PC or computer, please feels free to download the demo!

CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST NOSTALGIK DEMO 0.1 DOWNLOAD

A story about a young man named Angel who lived in the city projects called "AVENUE HEIGHTS". Angel lives with a family of four, his Father and Mother along with his only brother, Bryan. It is Angel's 30th Birthday and he doesn't feel or sense much accomplishment from anything so far in his life making him feeling less than bi polar. Angel, still lives and pays rent at his Father's house, while his mom suffers from a very ill sickness causing her to be bed stricken. His brother bryan is barely even home most of the time as he is known for roaming the streets with an gang called to be "Black Spades". Angel's only job is being a freelance graphic designer who has an very high interest in old MS DOS games. Games he remembered but can never play because his family couldn't afford the price of the games.

One late Friday night, as Angel was thumb nailing through new artwork while after a few mins, he begins to fall alseep on his desk. After a few hours, Angel wakes up to bass thumping musiC but notices something is strange about his studio room. Full of recording music equipment that was very expensive. "Where did this stuff come from and how" questioned Angel. Then a sounds starts to emerge louder and louder by the min. A very heavy bass and beat coming from the apartment hallways. "Screw this, what is going on now!?" as Angel rushes to open the room door just to find, this wasn't his apartment. Still the heavy bass and beat thumps through the apartment. Angel decides to follow the music in the apartment building hallways to find out what is going on...

"NOLGASTIK" is an music group that hails from New England MA and CT. The concept idea is between two musicans that reside with BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS. An promotional Independent underground Hip Hop movement and company that has gained a big name success in the local area for supporting Hip Hop and independent rock music.

MUFASA RKG ( Emcee Vocals, Writer, Graphic Design and Illustration artist,)
BIG CHEFF  ( Beat Producer, music composer, recording mixing and mastering )

We had the idea to establish a game that comes with the EP album we put together as an package in efforts to help push into a cult following with the music and game as one if it works out. Bucket Fresh Studios will be promoting the project and help getting the music and game pushed out. We are ready to work hard and side by side to get the game done. We are not looking for an commercial success game or high end retail, yet an "FREEWARE" game that can be beta tested and fully released with an copy of our music.

The game is based around fictional areas of Springfield and Western Mass areas. Many indentical artist and emcees will be well known inthis game. The game will come package with the album EP to be released this summer but I will be releasing an playable demo beta for the public to try out by late or mid April. Take a sneak preview of what the game devlopment looks like so far.

BUCKET FRESH RECORDS 2015
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

CLICK HERE FOR GAMEPLAY DEMO PREVIEW

BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS
Underground Art, Music, & Culture

Monsieur OUXX

Interesting graphics. It sometimes looks scanned, sometimes 3D-generated, then painted over.

MufasaRKG

Yes somewhat, They all start out as Illustrations then filled in and render in Photoshop. I actually have all the black and white skins to the background areas.
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

ManicMatt

Wouldn't both your video and your screenshots benefit from full screen rather than showing us it in a window?

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavour, it can be hard to get music noticed in a game - people tend to focus on the game itself and rarely comment on music in games (unless it's annoying to the player) so it's not easy!

Art style isn't my cup of tea but it does suit the whole urban graffiti culture thing you got going on there. I played the video hoping to hear the music by the way, and it was barely audible.

NickyNyce

So is the name of the game Nolgastik or Nolstalgia?

Because you named the title in this thread Nolgastik, but your title screen in the game says Nolstalgia.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hear the music, and to cap some thugs, and smack my bitch up. I think I would be more afraid to walk down that hallway than any horror game I've played with the lights out...seriously.

MufasaRKG

Quote from: ManicMatt on Wed 25/03/2015 19:45:32
Wouldn't both your video and your screenshots benefit from full screen rather than showing us it in a window?

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavour, it can be hard to get music noticed in a game - people tend to focus on the game itself and rarely comment on music in games (unless it's annoying to the player) so it's not easy!

Art style isn't my cup of tea but it does suit the whole urban graffiti culture thing you got going on there. I played the video hoping to hear the music by the way, and it was barely audible.

Yes the video didn't do much justice at all. Hopefully the music will start to be leaked better one by one.

Here is a preview of what of somewhat the sound style.
MUSIC LINK

Quote from: NickyNyce on Wed 25/03/2015 23:05:14
So is the name of the game Nolgastik or Nolstalgia?

Because you named the title in this thread Nolgastik, but your title screen in the game says Nolstalgia.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hear the music, and to cap some thugs, and smack my bitch up. I think I would be more afraid to walk down that hallway than any horror game I've played with the lights out...seriously.

You caught me on horrible spelling errors...and thank you on that.

The game'S actual title is "NOSTALGIK" as seen in the video title screen. I had the previous spelling before as NOLGASTIK but realized it didn't make much sense to me.

And yes the game at first was meant to be horror but I figure I twist things into a dark comedy semi realistic situations in the story. Highly fictional though as far as the main concept and future objective of the game. Since I'm very new to writing the game script and still learning, I was hoping to take more on the game's edge with the art style graphics and the story behind it. Probably aiming towards more sexual humor and rap battle beefs. lol. "Making fun" of certain real life situations.

Hope you would be willing to beta test it next month.

The "Nostalgik box" is the main item of the game that will be used frequently on different events and characters.

-m

POSTS COMBINED BY DARTH - no need to double (much less triple) post!
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

Monsieur OUXX

For a long time I've considered making a game that takes place in an urban culture environment. There aren't so many of them around. There's a lot of cyberpunk, but very little hip-hop/tags/ghetto  stuff.

MufasaRKG

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 26/03/2015 10:24:44
For a long time I've considered making a game that takes place in an urban culture environment. There aren't so many of them around. There's a lot of cyberpunk, but very little hip-hop/tags/ghetto  stuff.

Very true. I'm sure it has come up to mind to certain story writers and programmers but never seen one around. Hopefully I can pull it off well.

-m
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

MufasaRKG

Progression state: 15%

( Playable Characters: )

ANGEL

( Storyline Characters )

CHEFF
SMOKE BUDDIES
SMOKE BUDDIES 2
TWIST
GUNZ
BOP
BITCHY
NERDO
COCO
NUFFIN BUTASS
TONE
ART COLLECTOR
RAY
BURT
TIFF AND ERICA ( SECRET HIDDEN SCENES )
STAN
ALTRUIZM

( Enemies Characters )

STRANGE DOGS
GABAPINTEN ( First Boss of the Game )

( Inventory Items )

ROLLING PAPERS
DUTCHES
MUSIC CD
GUN
HEAVY WORK GLOVES
PERC 10MG ( Cut )
ELEVATOR KEY
ROOM KEY
BUCKET OF PAINT
PAINTED CANVAS
SPRAY PAINT CANS
THE N BOX ( Main Story Item )

40 Custom design playable rooms so far.
The game is set to have at least 5 different areas.
The First set of rooms and the current game's progess is set in the first area
still of the game which is the Project Building in "Avenue Heights".
Or, it seems to be....

THE GAME IS NOT MEANT FOR CHILDREN AT ALL OR AGES YOUNGER THAN 18!
STRONG SEX SCENES AND DRUG SUBLIMINAL USE.
STRONG AND OFFENSIVE STREET LANGUAGE IS USED HEAVY IN THE STORY.

-m
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

Monsieur OUXX

All images have basic colors and a crisp dithering, except image #3 (the monster's close-up) It has a lot of anti-aliasing and blur. Maybe you should fix this, unless it's an artistic choice.

MufasaRKG

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 02/04/2015 09:12:22
All images have basic colors and a crisp dithering, except image #3 (the monster's close-up) It has a lot of anti-aliasing and blur. Maybe you should fix this, unless it's an artistic choice.

Yes partially because other elements of that scene is missing. That portion of image "3" is really an background start.
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

Darth Mandarb

On the off-chance you need/want help or advice on the graphics please post in the Critics Lounge and let's keep this thread on track!

MufasaRKG

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Thu 02/04/2015 20:56:43
On the off-chance you need/want help or advice on the graphics please post in the Critics Lounge and let's keep this thread on track!

Whats wrong with the art?
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

NickyNyce

Nothing is wrong with the art. Darth's job is to keep the conversation about the game, on the game, and not drift off into asking about artistic choices. You didn't do anything wrong. I actually think the art style is pretty cool, and different from most games. I like it, especially considering that the game is about urban art, graffiti and music. ;)

The more I see, the more I like it. Keep up the good work and good luck with the project.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: MufasaRKG on Thu 02/04/2015 21:01:58Whats wrong with the art?

I wasn't commenting on the art itself (I think it's just fine)!

Monsieur OUXX's comment (which was fine) was bordering on Critics Lounge stuff. 

Your response (also fine) was, likewise, bordering on it! 

I just try to nip it in the bud and keep things on track!  That's all.

Carry on ye loyal GiP minions!!

MufasaRKG

Quote from: NickyNyce on Thu 02/04/2015 22:45:20
Nothing is wrong with the art. Darth's job is to keep the conversation about the game, on the game, and not drift off into asking about artistic choices. You didn't do anything wrong. I actually think the art style is pretty cool, and different from most games. I like it, especially considering that the game is about urban art, graffiti and music. ;)

The more I see, the more I like it. Keep up the good work and good luck with the project.

I understand now, thank you. More snippets on the way.
Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Fri 03/04/2015 00:08:27
Quote from: MufasaRKG on Thu 02/04/2015 21:01:58Whats wrong with the art?

I wasn't commenting on the art itself (I think it's just fine)!

Your response (also fine) was, likewise, bordering on it! 

I just try to nip it in the bud and keep things on track!  That's all.

Carry on ye loyal GiP minions!!

Thank you, Now i understand what was going on. You guys are strict when it comes to the forums here, and that I can respect and appreciate.
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Fri 03/04/2015 00:08:27
Yep, that's true. Sorry. Won't do it again. :)

MufasaRKG

BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

MufasaRKG

NOSTALGIK
Western Mass
Hip Hop / Rap
Official Promo design ( 2 )
Pre Game demo beta testing April 26th 2015
Level 1 Mini EP May 15th 2015
Full EP project release for This Summer.
BUCKET FRESH RECORDS 2015
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS PROMOTIONAL ARTIST & CAMPAIGN RECORDS

BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

BUCKET FRESH RECORDS
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS

selmiak

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk