Stop-Motion project for school

Started by monkey0506, Thu 26/03/2015 14:46:40

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

This is far from what I originally envisioned, but I'm pretty happy with how it came out given the time constraints and such.

http://i.imgur.com/d58cpeJ.gifv

This is slightly lower quality as I exported it as a GIF animation, which Imgur converted back to a video anyway, and it lacks the sound effects. Still, curious what people think of it.

This is my first-ever attempt at stop-motion, and we can't really make changes now, but feedback is appreciated. :)

Retro Wolf

I used to mess about with stop motion, very fun but very time consuming.
Walk cycles are hard, also judging the correct timing.

For a first attempt it's good.

Haggis

Loved it, great character to it.

cat

I like the stop motion and story, but the camera movement is a bit distracting.

Quintaros

I liked it but I had a little trouble with the geography.  I watched it 3 times and couldn't tell where the girl was with respect to the dragon.

Lasca

Very nice!
I used to do lots of stopmotion in school, mostly with legos!
I agree on the geography and the camera movement. Also, put some sound on it and it will be even better!

Mandle

Hahaha! Nice little story with a cool twist at the end!

Loved it!

(I even kinda liked the lack of sound. It looked like an old silent movie. Some melodramatic silent movie music over the titles and action would be perfect I think)

ManicMatt

Not bad! Did anyone else suffer from vertical lines fracturing the characters when they moved?

I like the dragon, good job!

I did some stop motion too, in a music video, mixing stop motion with footage. (Sorry if that's jumping on your post)

My Life

monkey0506

Hey! Thanks for the feedback, everyone. The team really appreciated it. This was the first time for all of us attempting this, and so there's definitely a lot that could be improved.

Unless I'm mistaken, today is the day we are showing off our work to the rest of the class, so our fingers are crossed that they have similarly positive things to say about it. All-in-all, it's really been a fun experience!

(Will post a link to the full video later, for those interested)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk