[ NON-AGS ] Wills and Wonders

Started by Adehm, Sat 28/03/2015 16:54:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Adehm

Wills and Wonders is a turn based strategy game in a fantasy setting. Wills and Wonders brings you on an adventure through Earth's mythology as you embark on quests to capture creatures, find skills, and recruit new leaders.

Become a Nordic ruler by forming powerful groups of leaders and creatures to take land from your neighbors. Experience Ragnarök first hand by fighting the gods in glorious combat.

As you play the game you will be presented with many choices, be it for story or for character development.

• Pick your own adventure quests
  • Combat oriented quests
  • Capture creatures, upgrade them, name them, and use them in battle
  • Hexagonal movement
  • Asynchronous movement and actions
  • 17 unique territories to conquer
  • 21 different party leaders
  • 24 different creatures
  • Over 70 different abilities
  • Epic battles on huge maps of up to 42 units at once(not including summoned creatures)
  • Epic boss battles, battle the Gods and gain their powers. [/i]

In the works for over 3 years with a hand crafted engine specifically for Wills and Wonders. You will enjoy intuitive control, powerful mechanics, and immense strategy.

What makes Wills and Wonders special is that it is heavily focused on gameplay and playability. The game can be played with one hand behind your back while being extremely thought provoking and individualized. Could take 100s of hours to try everything with much more to come.

Visit us:
    Steam Greenlight :: Wills and Wonders

ON THE WALL ENTERTAINMENT
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Wall-Entertainment/1072336762793533?ref=hl
    https://twitter.com/OnTheWallENT
| SteamFacebook |

Retro Wolf

I see wonders, but where are the wills? What happens when a character cuts his kids out of the will?

selmiak

wow, this looks great!
what resolution do you use?

Darth Mandarb

Is this being made in AGS?

Quote from: Facebook Page
Stay tuned for our first game coming to Steam Greenlight; Wills and Wonders sporting an in-house engine crafted with love for comfort, playability, and versatility.

arj0n

Quote"Wills and Wonders sporting an in-house engine crafted with love for comfort, playability, and versatility"

Darth Mandarb

Yeah, I quoted the same thing. ^^

Adehm - this board is exclusively for games being made in AGS.  If you want to pimp your game (which we all certainly understand) please use a more appropriate board (perhaps the Adventure Related Talk & Chat - but please check the rules over there to make sure it's okay before posting!)

Good luck with the production!

NickyNyce

Couldn't you have just followed what Darth asked you to do instead of posting this again in the same section?

m0ds

Moved it here, where a non-AGS game can be marketed. Not taking any further action but please do not post it again in the AGS games in production board, ty! Good luck with the game.

Adehm

Quote from: Mods on Tue 31/03/2015 03:00:56
Moved it here, where a non-AGS game can be marketed. Not taking any further action but please do not post it again in the AGS games in production board, ty! Good luck with the game.
Oh sorry about that, thanks for moving me.

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 28/03/2015 18:52:20
wow, this looks great!
what resolution do you use?
Thanks,
I allow the user to choose either fullscreen
or windowed mode
800x600
1024x768
1280x800
1280x1024
1366x768
1920x1080
Screenshots I believe are mainly 1024x768 but I enjoy 1920x1080 as my windows resolution.

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Sat 28/03/2015 17:51:42
I see wonders, but where are the wills? What happens when a character cuts his kids out of the will?
:wink: Will is used to perform most abilities. Some abilities however do not cost Will because I felt the cost of the turn was enough.
| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

New animation for the Quake ability. The Quake ability allows a character to leap into an empty space damaging and knocking back all characters within a distance of 2 spaces around the target location.
| SteamFacebook |

Radiant

Adehm

That was a name I inserted while playing, not part of the random name generator. Though I just implemented a new random name generator for the AI to name their captured creatures with, which names them based on class.
| SteamFacebook |

Davi Vasc

This looks promising. Turn based strategy is one of my favorite genres, I hope your game turns out to be awesome. Good Job!
-------
Davi Vasc - Music composer
http://www.vascmusic.com/

Adehm

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

The dead are rising but you can capture them.

Then upgrade them. On the left is the Revenant and on the right is the new art for the Ghoul.

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

A look at the different forms of wolves under the moon in Wills and Wonders, now known as Dramatic Dog.

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

The 5 Kingdoms battle over control of Midgard whilst the Dwarves construct great weapons for the Gods to wield in the final battle of the heavens. Which Kingdom will you lead?

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

Alpha 5.0 is out and we submitted Wills and Wonders 5.0a to Intel's Level Up 2015 indie game contest yesterday. Getting a huge graphic update done just in time. We plan to charge in front of the competition.

Wish us luck!
| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

Another map finished, the territory of Magyarok. This territory lays in the center of Midgard and holds much importance to the world.

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

The art for the Draugr is in and it is scary. The Draugr is one of the upgrades from the Revenant and gains quite a bit of perks. First off it gains another movement point. Secondly it has the Phantom trait letting it ignore terrain penalties and walk through enemies. Thirdly it gains the Fierce trait giving it a 25% chance to score a critical attack. It also has Rage increasing it's size and attack as it's health is reduced.

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

Been a productive week, after all the excitement of the contests. I'm glad to get back to adding new features to Wills and Wonders. Really starting to fill out the different classes. Added 6 new skills and a new mechanic for Auras and Channeling skills, which will add some new tactics.

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

In the process of adding the first God battle. Succeed in completing the quest Jester's Court to unlock Loki. The trickster tries to keep you in the dark during this multi stage battle. Between the darkness and stealth units you may find your fate.

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

We have another map in the game and it is hot.

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

Working on overhauling the GUI to make is easier to use, less intrusive, and just make it more appealing.

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

The Fury, one of the creatures a Pixie can morph into. This venomous shrew will poke on your last nerve as she terrorizes the battlefield.

| SteamFacebook |

Crimson Wizard

Hey, this gives me strong nostalgic feeling. :) I might try out your game at some point.

Adehm

Glad to hear that. Aiming to get it out to the public in 2016.
| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

Some quests in Wills and Wonders are pick your own adventure stories. Every story has different choices, every choice has different outcomes.

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

The Faery, one of paths you can choose when upgrading a Pixie. A blessing to have in battle. Her ability to shield you against opponents is crucial for surviving the many tribulations of war.

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

The Gunner class has the Sentinel ability. Place a turret to defend an area of the battlefield. The turret will attack any enemy, without Phantom, that steps within a range of 2.
| SteamFacebook |

Eggie

I love turn-based strategy!
AND jiggly-shouldered ghouls!
Nice work!

Adehm

Thanks Eggie, looks like I'm not going to get funded tho. Going to give away the latest alpha to all contributes before the campaign ends.
| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

Wills and Wonders will have to be put on hold until we can find a way to get funded. Thank you for following our work and we hope to bring you a full version of Wills and Wonders in the future. Pledge any amount to our Kickstarter and receive Alpha 5.4 before the campaign closes. We will be sure to keep you up to date on future progress.
| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

The demo is out and I implore anyone who has wanted to try Wills and Wonders or who has been on the fence about it to please
download and give the game a try. If you enjoyed the game then please vote for us. We can't do this without your support and need help
spreading the word.

In this demo players can control any one starting territory of their choice. They can experience any aspect of the game found there.
Go on quests, save others and they will join you, capture creatures, advance in the many different paths available and play around with
many different abilities. Please enjoy the Wills and Wonders Alpha 5.4 Demo and thank you for your support.

Click the link below to download...
Wills and Wonders 5.4a DEMO

This game has been tested on personal computers, laptops, and touchscreens using a Windows operating system. Other systems have not
been tested and have not been officially supported at this time.
We have found sound issues with the K-Lite codec package and have had issues with windowed mode on Windows 10.

| SteamFacebook |

Adehm

Wills and Wonders is now available on the steam store for early release. Follow the link below or give us a search on your steam client. Thank you for the support and we hope you enjoy the game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/513060/
| SteamFacebook |

Retro Wolf

I was really impressed with the trailer! Good luck on Greenlight!

Adeel

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Mon 22/08/2016 19:44:15
I was really impressed with the trailer! Good luck on Greenlight!

But...but it is already available on Steam.

Retro Wolf

Wow that was quick! I must be lucky! ;)

I forgot Early Access and Greenlight where different things!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk