Dr. Judy Wood ~ Evidence of Breakthrough Energy on 9/11

Started by monkey424, Fri 10/04/2015 10:25:40

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey424

Snarky

Yeah, I think you got me. (laugh) English was not my best subject. All I'm trying to say is that ALL of the evidence needs to be looked at and explained.

There was indeed a big hurricane. Hurricane Erin. It was born on September 1st and travelled towards New York for 10 days, coming in proximity to New York. Then after the towers collapsed the huurcane moved away.

Now, you can argue that that might just be a coincidence. The shocking thing is that is was not announced on the media like other hurricanes usually are. As I understand it, hurricanes can be unpredictable, so shouldn't the people of New York have been told about the hurricane? You know, just in case it continued on it's path towards the city?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: monkey424 on Mon 13/04/2015 15:47:12The shocking thing is that is was not announced on the media like other hurricanes usually are. As I understand it, hurricanes can be unpredictable, so shouldn't the people of New York have been told about the hurricane? You know, just in case it continued on it's path towards the city?
monkey424, I was honestly trying to follow this thread, but I must confess it is where I stumbled.
What should be the point of this argument? That all the NY officials, or whatever communal services are usually responsible, did not prepare their citizens for hurricane, because, .. what? they all knew that it will be bounced off by a beam weapon, so they should not bother?
I am confused here.

E: If I would try to look at the situation from conspiracy member angle, I would think that using experimental technology of named kind in this act would be way too costly and risky. There's enough risk already, why rely on something so complicated?
That's why I think there were bombs in these buildings.

Spoiler

BTW, not to steal the thread, but in Soviet Russia we have our own 9/11 folklore.
Here's some russian magazine, published just few days before the attacks (9th September, I think):
Spoiler

[close]
As you may see, it displays the WTC towers crossed, as if it were warning not visiting them in nearest future.
Also, if you zoom a photo, you may see something like a mason sign in the left-bottom corner.
[close]

Radiant

Quote from: monkey424 on Mon 13/04/2015 15:47:12Yeah, I think you got me. (laugh) English was not my best subject. All I'm trying to say is that ALL of the evidence needs to be looked at and explained.
Yes, and the point is that Mrs. Wood isn't actually doing that. Rather, she's cherry-picking the points that could be used to support her hypothesis, and ignoring the points that contradict it.

Snarky

1. We have only Dr. Wood's claim that the hurricane was not reported in the media. Personally, I don't trust her to have done a thorough review or to provide an accurate, unbiased report of it.
2. According to weather.com, "Hurricane Erin was never a threat to landfall in the Northeast"; meteorologists knew that a cold front would push it east, off-shore (as in fact happened). If it didn't in fact get much attention in the news, this would probably be why.
3. Even if there was something odd about this, there'd still be no evidence that it had anything to do with the attack on the WTC. I'm sure lots of other odd, inexplicable or suspicious things happened that day that were completely unrelated to these events. Believing that everything must be connected is typical conspiratorial thinking.

Also, it doesn't pass the crazy test: As CW says, even if the hurricane was somehow an element in this nefarious scheme, what would be the point of a vast media conspiracy to not warn people about it?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 13/04/2015 16:46:15
1. We have only Dr. Wood's claim that the hurricane was not reported in the media. Personally, I don't trust her to have done a thorough review or to provide an accurate, unbiased report of it.
Actually, she has references to media reports on her own website, so probably there's a misinterpretation of her arguments here.
http://www.drjudywood.com/articles/erin/CNN_Erin.html

Scavenger

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 13/04/2015 16:31:00
Spoiler

BTW, not to steal the thread, but in Soviet Russia we have our own 9/11 folklore.
Here's some russian magazine, published just few days before the attacks (9th September, I think):
Spoiler

[close]
As you may see, it displays the WTC towers crossed, as if it were warning not visiting them in nearest future.
Also, if you zoom a photo, you may see something like a mason sign in the left-bottom corner.
[close]

YES, IT ALL FITS!

NickyNyce

I live in New York, and anyone else that lives here knows that tons of these hurricanes go out to sea exactly like this one did. Only a rare handful ever hit NY. I would love to see the data on how many go out to sea. I've lived here for 40 years and I can count on one hand how many have hit NY. All of the rest turn exactly like that one did. If there was ever a threat, we would have been warned.

She mentions that people hanging out of the windows didn't have any shirts on. This must be because a large energy weapon was heating everything up...dear god lady. Did she ever think that these people stuffed them under the doors to stop the smoke from coming into the rooms. Because they were wearing them on their faces, and also waving them like crazy at the news choppers for help?

The bent metal was great too. They find a bent beam and can't figure out why it's bent?

This is no disrespect to you monkey, but I think she's nuts.

Eric

Quote from: NickyNyce on Mon 13/04/2015 21:26:24I would love to see the data on how many go out to sea.

Was going to post this earlier. New York doesn't worry about hurricanes because they generally don't make land there. Source: I lived in New York when hurricanes hit, both post 9/11. Do we want to bring climate change into this thread too?

NickyNyce

This video of Dr. Judy wood getting destroyed is great. She appears to have some type of energy weapon on her during the whole interview, and I love how she doesn't want to hear what he has to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qYm1AnUKi8

Mandle

Quote from: NickyNyce on Mon 13/04/2015 23:55:39
This video of Dr. Judy wood getting destroyed is great. She appears to have some type of energy weapon on her during the whole interview, and I love how she doesn't want to hear what he has to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qYm1AnUKi8

Somebody in the comments of that video makes the great point that, if you watch the many films of the collapse you will see the top section of the tower which was above the impact hole of the plane falling all the way down and crushing the lower building on its way down. You can also see the smoke from that part of the building getting dragged down with it, which perfectly explains why there is smoke rising up during the collapse. It's not "nano-particles". It's ordinary smoke from the fire in the top section of the tower.

Ali

I just want to say how pleased I am that the AGS forums respond so rationally to this kind of conspiracy theory. But I'm also really pleased that the fans of Dr. Wood are being so nice about people challenging them. I'm just impressed by how civilised this all is so far.

Andail

I'm regularly bringing up source criticism in school, and all the surrounding stuff; urban myths, conspiracy theories, etc. One thing I've noticed is that it's damn near impossible to convince someone who's just seen a youtube clip about whatever conspiracy that it is only that - a conspiracy theory. It's like they need to some time to be un-programmed, and then some couple of days later we can talk calmly about it again and they'll agree it looks a bit fishy in hindsight.
We have some kind of innate proclivity for embracing alternative versions of what is commonly known, as if we're let in on a secret.

Like Darth said, any theory, no matter how crazy, can sound plausible and even convincing after some smooth talking, some charts and a bit of math. It's extremely hard to protect yourself against a really skilled conspiracy theorist...

Khris

It is very easy to fall prey to the "you would expect x to do y, but z happened, therefore [completely implausible claim without a shred of evidence]" narrative. Somehow those claims seem way more likely than the possibility of being wrong about basic (or complex) physics or chemistry (which is not that surprising).

Here's a perfect example of a conspiracy theory like that; it spread like wildfire on youtube for a few days, then got crushed by how stupid it was:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/02/03/conspiracy_debunked_atlanta_snow_doesn_t_melt.html

This is the same, just more elaborate. The conspiracy theorists make all the typical mistakes, and the red flags are all there. It can seem very convincing, but only if you've never been inoculated against that kind of credulity.

My favorite "argument" from Daniel Ray Griffin I believe, paraphrased: "According to the official version, the airplane's nose pushed a hole out of the Pentagon's C ring. But the nose is made of aluminum, and mostly hollow, there's no way the nose made a hole like that, therefore it was a missile."
The first problem here is that the official version doesn't say the hole was pushed out by the nose. But you wouldn't know that from just watching Griffin.

Mandle

Quote from: Andail on Tue 14/04/2015 10:31:36
We have some kind of innate proclivity for embracing alternative versions of what is commonly known, as if we're let in on a secret.

Good point!

The feeling that we know some hidden thing that others don't know about can be a great feeling. We've all loved this feeling since we were kids and answered that question in class that nobody else could figure out.

This feeling grows less and less frequent after we grow up, and I guess we kind of miss it...

Another feeling that grows less frequent as we grow up is wonder: We all probably believed in Santa Claus, ghosts, fairies, magical wardrobes, etc etc. as kids and one by one we discovered that these things are just not real.

So we might compensate a bit to rediscover this feeling of wonder in conspiracy theories as adults. They are myths and legends, but they seem based in a reality that we can take seriously: the real, modern world...

I've followed a few of these theories down the rabbit-hole myself over the years on the internet (especially when the internet was new and seemed less suspicious) and I noticed that, indeed, I did feel the same kind of wonder while believing these stories that I felt as a kid believing in Bigfoot, phantom hitch-hikers, and Bloody Mary (I've still never tested that one though ;) )...

Eventually I realised that it was a feeling I was really glad to have recaptured, and then also realised that I should be very careful of the theory that had made me feel that way. I realised the person presenting the theory was preying on that response from me. They were targetting a feeling I missed from my childhood and was jonesing for without knowing it...

Now this is not a terrible thing: This is what fantasy movies do for us, and sci-fi novels, and Adventure Games...but if we allow ourselves to start believing that there really are Terminators or that Monkey Island is a real place (well...there is an island in Tokyo Bay called "Saru-Shima"...and on the sign it says in english "Monkey Island: Your gateway to adventure") then we have crossed a line into something that could become a dark obsession...

Let the listener beware!

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Andail on Tue 14/04/2015 10:31:36We have some kind of innate proclivity for embracing alternative versions of what is commonly known, as if we're let in on a secret.

Yes this.

I also think that we humans have a deeply rooted need to make sense of the senseless and to make the "reason" something happened have major significance (when in reality it doesn't).

I wonder if there's a name ... like the anti-occam's razer.  Occam's mask maybe? 

The simplest explanation just isn't good enough and we quest for something deeper and more powerful to explain it so that the tragedy might, in some small way, be less tragic?

All that having been said; I still think she's just milking a tragedy to make some money.  **shrugs**

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 14/04/2015 11:39:08We all probably believed in Santa Claus, ghosts, fairies, magical wardrobes, etc etc. as kids and one by one we discovered that these things are just not real.

The hell you say!!!

Quote from: Ali on Tue 14/04/2015 09:38:23I just want to say how pleased I am that the AGS forums respond so rationally to this kind of conspiracy theory. But I'm also really pleased that the fans of Dr. Wood are being so nice about people challenging them. I'm just impressed by how civilised this all is so far.

Have to agree 100%. 

I keep expecting this to go off the rails and it's stayed civil!

However, Ali, you need to stop posting and get back to work on a certain game we're all desperately waiting for (nod)!

Snarky

Personally I also thought this thread was just a lot of fun. (No disrespect to the victims of 9/11 intended.) I'm tempted to get into it with Cuiki about conspiracies in general, but I think I'll leave it alone...

Quote from: Khris on Tue 14/04/2015 11:34:23
Here's a perfect example of a conspiracy theory like that; it spread like wildfire on youtube for a few days, then got crushed by how stupid it was:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/02/03/conspiracy_debunked_atlanta_snow_doesn_t_melt.html

That is brilliant! It's like a conspiracy theory by someone who has no idea how either snow or lighters work.

monkey424

I started this thread to promote awareness of Dr Judy Wood and her research. I'm happy if I have achieve that albeit the mostly skeptical responses thus far. Dr Wood is perhaps the most controversial speaker on 9/11 but relatively unknown. She is the victim of censorship and smear campaigns, the history of which is documented by fellow human Andrew Johnson. Free eBook download:

http://www.checktheevidence.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_contentask=view&id=238&Itemid=60

Dr Judy Wood is also the only person to challenge NIST. That is not a trivial thing.

For the record, I don't usually get sucked in to this sort of stuff. I usually adopt a skeptical and apathetic attitude to most things. Having said that, “conspiracy” is a real thing and has occurred numerous times throughout history. Its current negative connotation is a result of propaganda. As political scientist Lance deHaven-Smith says: “The CIA's campaign to popularize the term ‘conspiracy theory' and make conspiracy belief a target of ridicule and hostility must be credited, unfortunately, with being one of the most successful propaganda initiatives of all time”.

Dr Judy Wood's research has resonated with me. Maybe one day it will with you too. Maybe the information just needs time to sink in. At least now you know who she is and some of the anomalies present on 9/11 that you probably didn't know before.

Radiant

Quote from: monkey424 on Wed 15/04/2015 00:34:49
Dr Wood is perhaps the most controversial speaker on 9/11 but relatively unknown.
If she's relatively unknown, then by definitition she is not anywhere near the most controversial speaker.

See, the term "controvsery" means that there is substantial support on both sides of the issue. Here, that is entirely not the issue. One fringe speaker against the entire scientific consensus is not a "controversy". For example, within the field of law, legalizing soft drugs is a controversy. Legalizing cold-blooded murder is not a controversy, even if some individuals might be found in support of that.

Mandle

Quote from: monkey424 on Wed 15/04/2015 00:34:49
Dr Judy Wood is also the only person to challenge NIST. That is not a trivial thing.

And, as you said before, NIST has never dared to challenge her back!!!

They never answered her emails etc...

I think we only have to look at the youtube video NickyNyce posted to understand maybe why...

She is completely unprepared in this interview to answer any questions that are presented in a scientific framework...

(I was actually feeling really bad for her when she forgets the scientific word for "element" near the start *cringe*)

She even comes to the interview with no materials to support her claims and even has to borrow the "snowball" picture from the interviewer to show her points on it, which she backs up with no numerical data:

Dr. Wood: "I like to call it the Snowball..."

She just holds her finger a random bunch of distances above the photo to try to show where the smoke really was...

Dr. Wood: "It was here....ummmm...sorry I haven't looked at my own website data for a while...ummm...maybe it was about here...NO shut-UP...I'M talking now...Yeah it was about here..."

Interviewer: "Actually, what I was trying to ask you about was something different..."

Dr. Wood: (condescending chuckle) "What you are asking doesn't even matter because...YOU CAN'T TRICK ME INTO SAYING THE BUILDINGS COLLAPSED!!!"

(While the whole time the interviewer is pointing out that the "nanoparticles" she is pointing at existed before the tower started collapsing and were just smoke from the fire in the floors above the impact point)

She also keeps stating that the numerical data matters in no way...As long as you FIRST learn WHAT happened...

I actually wanted to hear from the interviewer the amount of energy needed to evaporate ("dustify") the million tons of steel and concrete...

But she wouldn't let him say it!!!

And I cringe when she says in glee: "That's my favorite photo!!!"

LADY!!! This is a photo of thousands of people DYING!!!

Sorry monkey, and no disrespect either for being a believer, but the more I see of this woman the more I have to HATE her:

She is on some kind of weird self-promoting trip while circling the graves of thousands of people like a vulture...To make a BUCK!!!

So yeah....There is a reason why NIST never got back to her on her claims:

It's because Dr.Woods AND her claims are INSANE!!!

Just watch the end of the video NickyNice posted and tell us about how all the debris from the collapse just "evaporated"...

Or were all those photos where you see the rubble stacked like 50 meters deep (and that's above the many meters below ground) photoshopped fakes?

Sorry to sound a bit angry about all this...It's not directed at you monkey...

It's directed at Dr. Wood...

Snarky

Quote from: monkey424 on Wed 15/04/2015 00:34:49“conspiracy” is a real thing and has occurred numerous times throughout history. Its current negative connotation is a result of propaganda. As political scientist Lance deHaven-Smith says: “The CIA's campaign to popularize the term ‘conspiracy theory' and make conspiracy belief a target of ridicule and hostility must be credited, unfortunately, with being one of the most successful propaganda initiatives of all time”.

It's rather meaningless to say that "conspiracy" has occurred numerous times throughout history without a better definition of what we mean by the term. Governments have secret programs, and groups of people do come together to plan and commit crimes. Was the Manhattan Project a conspiracy? Was Enron a conspiracy?

If we take a wider definition, I certainly believe conspiracies happen, all the time. For example, I believe cops cover up cases of police misdoings (bad shootings and the like). In cases of conflict (war, revolution, civil war, etc.) there's definitely propaganda and disinformation spread by various governments and other interested parties about what the different sides are doing. But can you point to any well-established historical "conspiracy" that resembles what Dr. Wood is suggesting?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk