Bob's Quest 1 version 2!

Started by Matt Brown, Thu 01/08/2002 02:39:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Brown

Hey hey hey! I took a trip on memory lane a few weeks back to play my first game, Bob's Quest 1, bob saves bandkind. It made me sick. Then.... I remembered MILLSJROSS telling me keep working on it. So...I spent 3 and a half weeks converting it to WINAGS, killed my (sob) graphic scripts and added text scirpts, and made some cool changes. Here they are!
1. Now...you can't walk up walls. The room changing bug has been fixed.
2. When Bob walks to pick up and object, he moves there.
3. Typos? thing of the past.
4. MUSIC
5. animated cursors.
6. 2 new sprites! (remember the huge card and tire? I made them pretty and small!)
Plus...A few new messages and other smaler bug fixes in the readme. I might do one more version where I re-do the backgrounds, ending and intro. Completly. But don't get your hopes. up.
Well? What are you waiting for? Rediscover an AGS classic. (snicker....HAHAHAHA!), OR play it for the first time. The graphics may be poor, but it is pretty funny.
The URL is http://pandaman424.tripod.com
The download link is at the home page near the bottom.
Have fun!
word up

LGM

DUDE! Work on the GRAPHICS!
You. Me. Denny's.

Matt Brown

Since working on the graphics will require me to re-upload everything, and thus practially redo the whole game, I wanted to do this first. NEver fear, I have abetter version of allmost every room sitting on my hard drive...waiting. This was mostly a bug fix.
word up

LGM

I'll help with Art if you want... Get RID OF ROGER!
You. Me. Denny's.

Squinky

Bob quest has roger for the character? Man, you gotta change that, If you want I can try to help ya out....

Ed20

indeed. change the graphics and i'll download. soz but it messes with my eyes seeing it...
Kickstarter for Super Hamlet 64: Parody DLC is now live.
Rewards include being a pixel art zombie in the show and the lead in your own 80s style videogame: http://bit.ly/hamlet64

Matt Brown

Hey guys, thanks for giving this another try. However, I made another little boo-boo. I posted the wrong version. This one has a few typos and a game ending bug with walkible areas. I'm really sorry, I'll fix it in 2 days, and repost it. SOrry.
word up

MillsJROSS

I'm going to wait to DL this when you have better graphics. That really was my main gripe, but I'm very glad that you did indeed stick with it. I thought some of your jokes were quite clever, some of them were poop, but you can't win em all!

-MillsJROSS

LGM

Don't worry guys, I'm on the case... The Graphics will be slightly better... So just hold-up for a couple of days.. And I'll see what I can DO!

Matt Brown

Thank you Millsjross and LGM for sticking with this and helping me out. It is quite frusterating, I have all osrts of great ideas, and the coding is coming together, I just can't draw.
word up

Hudang

Hey,

Didn't you sell this game?! Or was that just Bob Quest 2? Anyway, how the hell did you get ppl to buy the game if you did manage to sell it? :) (I don't mean that to be offensive, I was just wondering how you did it, --> I may have the wrong game as well).

Regards
Hudang

LilGryph

Progress

Graphics: 50%

Scripts: 40%

Dialog and Messages: 60%

ETA: Mid-August/Late August

Matt Brown

I could sell snow in russia.
word up

nenomonkey

that's a very disciminatory comment Panda, I'm surprised at you!

Matt Brown

If it was, I'm sorry. It is an expression I use to state I am good at selling things. See russia is cold, and thus wouldn't need snow. never mind. I guess people where I live just like games! (I didn't make much money though, about 30 dollars from both BQ games)
And if that was a joke...sorry I missed it.
word up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk