Echoes of the Past

Started by blur, Thu 16/04/2015 14:08:53

Previous topic - Next topic

amanta4ray

Quote from: Tinytim on Wed 22/04/2015 12:18:44
Thank you amanta4ray, the multi turning finally did the trick. But how did you expect it to be worked out simply from
Spoiler
the opening date
[close]
although, I guess, some others did it.

Since the date was so easy to find, I did not want just a simple turn to this number, turn to that number...so I made it just like the directions from a combo lock I had.  I figured since everyone has used them at one time or another (school for example) people would know how to open it.  I will consider making that one a little easier or at least put an instruction on how to turn it.

splat44

I managed completing puzzle but I'm stuck:

Spoiler
Made a search (internet) according found name but I get note museum would know, made search for Egypt and bought Egypt map from offer supplies, what else I need doing?
[close]

amanta4ray

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 22/04/2015 21:12:44

Spoiler
Made a search (internet) according found name but I get note museum would know, made search for Egypt and bought Egypt map from offer supplies, what else I need doing?
[close]

I am not exactly sure what items you have up to this point, but I will try to help....

Spoiler
In the paper supply place, you need to get the dummy book, the map and make copies of the journal (just click on machine). Did you talk to the curator of the Egyptian museum yet? Also, try searching for valley of fire...
[close]

splat44

Spoiler
operator did the trick! LOL!
[close]

Quote from: amanta4ray on Thu 23/04/2015 00:41:06
Quote from: splat44 on Wed 22/04/2015 21:12:44

Spoiler
[close]

I am not exactly sure what items you have up to this point, but I will try to help....

Spoiler
In the paper supply place, you need to get the dummy book, the map and make copies of the journal (just click on machine). Did you talk to the curator of the Egyptian museum yet? Also, try searching for valley of fire...
[close]

Shadow1000

HI Amanta4ray

Quote from: amanta4ray on Wed 22/04/2015 06:23:56

Spoiler
The two puzzles are somewhat related in that you have to do the tile one first in order to open the door.  The answer to that one can be found on a scroll in the guard's locker back at camp. 
[close]

That is VERY clever! Thanks for the tip. I don't think I would ever have noticed that but great puzzle!
Spoiler

Also, make sure that you have played and won the card game with the guard in the tent.
[close]

Thanks for that. That allowed me to continue with the second puzzle as well. Where was the hint to the user to use the item you are referring to in this specific room?

Spoiler
You gave the solution to the locket puzzle. I actually did not realize that I could open it because I didn't understand the hint in the journal so I assumed the rest of the hint would come later in the game. Now I do not have access to the locket in my inventory. Will I be able to open it later in the game or will I be stuck because I didn't do it in order?
[close]

Lastly, do you mind if I send you a private question/concern I have about the game?

Thanks again

SHADOW

Tinytim

After going to the museum,
Spoiler
looking at map, picking up chart and looking round temple
[close]
I can't get Kyle to do anything???
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

amanta4ray

Quote from: Tinytim on Thu 23/04/2015 10:48:12
After going to the museum,
Spoiler
looking at map, picking up chart and looking round temple
[close]
I can't get Kyle to do anything???

Spoiler
Did you buy anything in the museum gift store?  If not...you need to locate a picture in your journal that's on one of the postcards.  To do that you will need to use your magnifying lens.
[close]

amanta4ray

That is VERY clever! Thanks for the tip. I don't think I would ever have noticed that but great puzzle!

Spoiler

Also, make sure that you have played and won the card game with the guard in the tent.
[close]

Thanks for that. That allowed me to continue with the second puzzle as well. Where was the hint to the user to use the item you are referring to in this specific room?

Spoiler
You gave the solution to the locket puzzle. I actually did not realize that I could open it because I didn't understand the hint in the journal so I assumed the rest of the hint would come later in the game. Now I do not have access to the locket in my inventory. Will I be able to open it later in the game or will I be stuck because I didn't do it in order?
[close]

Lastly, do you mind if I send you a private question/concern I have about the game?

Thanks again

SHADOW

I'm glad you liked the puzzle, I keep trying to come up with new ones, though I feel like I'm starting to run dry.

Spoiler
Originally, I had both the scroll and the tiles together, but then decided to split them up because of needing to go into the guards locker.   If you are talking about the red glasses...the guard mentions that his entourage found them near the temple that you will be going to.
[close]

The pendant puzzle can be done by either Allyson or Kyle...I set it up so there wasn't any dead ends.

I don't mind at all if you send me a message....all feedback is good and any concerns you have, can only make the game better.

splat44

I have the following:

Spoiler
Necklace picture, two set of beads, make-up, scroll, golden chain

Spoiler
How to win card game against guard? It's seems to random right? If not then what the trick?[/hide}
[close]
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: amanta4ray on Thu 23/04/2015 15:07:30
Spoiler
Did you buy anything in the museum gift store?  If not...you need to locate a picture in your journal that's on one of the postcards.  To do that you will need to use your magnifying lens.
[close]

Can you please elaborate?
Spoiler
I used the magnifying glass on the postcards ("I don't want to damage the merchandise") and on the pictures in the journal ("I don't see anything special in this picture") and nothing happened. Where am I supposed to be using the magnifying glass to solve this?
[close]

SHADOW

amanta4ray

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 24/04/2015 03:58:29
Quote from: amanta4ray on Thu 23/04/2015 15:07:30
Spoiler
[close]

Can you please elaborate?
Spoiler
I used the magnifying glass on the postcards ("I don't want to damage the merchandise") and on the pictures in the journal ("I don't see anything special in this picture") and nothing happened. Where am I supposed to be using the magnifying glass to solve this?
[close]

SHADOW

Spoiler
You need to use the magnifying lens on the picture of the Eye of Horus in the copies/journal (page 23).
[close]

amanta4ray

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 24/04/2015 03:12:29
I have the following:

Spoiler
Necklace picture, two set of beads, make-up, scroll, golden chain

Spoiler
How to win card game against guard? It's seems to random right? If not then what the trick?[/hide}
[close]
[close]
Spoiler
Looks like you are missing the flower for the necklace...have you gone to the oasis yet?? It's on the right side, past the tent.  Also, make sure you have the cooking board from the supply tent.
      Yes, the card game is random...I set it up, so that the player has a chance. But if you haven't won after twelve games, the guard will give you the glasses as a consolation prize.
[close]

Michael2968

I'm having trouble with the
Spoiler
box puzzle. I have the astronomy book but I am still having trouble getting all the pegs in the right holes. Are you supposed to use all the pegs or just some of them?
[close]
I would appreciate any hints.

Thanks,
Michael

amanta4ray

Quote from: Michael2968 on Fri 24/04/2015 17:25:46
I'm having trouble with the
Spoiler
box puzzle. I have the astronomy book but I am still having trouble getting all the pegs in the right holes. Are you supposed to use all the pegs or just some of them?
[close]
I would appreciate any hints.

Thanks,
Michael

Hello Michael....good timing...I just finished a walk-through of the game...

Here is the link...
http://www.mediafire.com/view/eo2hjc685ewp8dy/Echoes_of_the_Past_Walk_through.pdf

Shadow1000

Spoiler
I'm at the point of trying to correctly place the scarabs. According to the walkthrough, the clue to this is the group of balls around the scarab found on the cat statue. I don't see any connection. I'm trying to use the walkthrough to do the placement and I'm finding it impossible to figure out visually how to place them.
[close]

Please help! I'm also interested in figuring out how people are supposed to have gotten this one, even with the walkthrough.

Thank you

SHADOW

amanta4ray

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 24/04/2015 21:58:55
Spoiler
I'm at the point of trying to correctly place the scarabs. According to the walkthrough, the clue to this is the group of balls around the scarab found on the cat statue. I don't see any connection. I'm trying to use the walkthrough to do the placement and I'm finding it impossible to figure out visually how to place them.
[close]

Please help! I'm also interested in figuring out how people are supposed to have gotten this one, even with the walkthrough.

Thank you

SHADOW

Spoiler
The bottom three colored balls are the bottom three scarabs...the top two colored balls are the top two scarabs. I placed a scarab in
the middle of the pendant so you know that it goes with the scarabs.....

Bottom left...purple       (winged statue)
             Bottom middle...red       (skeleton hand)
             Bottom right....green     (bells)
             Top left...aqua              (slot machine)
             Top right...blue             (statue with food)

[close]

tscharli

Got stuck painting the:
Spoiler
clay flower pendant in the sheik's camp. When do I know that the colours are correct? I have royal blue, red, light purple, olive green, gold and black. But when I choose black it paints dark grey and vice versa. And in either way I end up having still an unpainted flower in the inventory.
[close]

By the way, maybe I found another bug quite at the begining:
Spoiler
The first time I entered the copy shop I already got a map from Egypt. But I was only able to go to Egypt later in the game after having bought the map a second time. 
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: amanta4ray on Fri 24/04/2015 23:35:09

Spoiler
The bottom three colored balls are the bottom three scarabs...the top two colored balls are the top two scarabs. I placed a scarab in
the middle of the pendant so you know that it goes with the scarabs.....

Bottom left...purple       (winged statue)
             Bottom middle...red       (skeleton hand)
             Bottom right....green     (bells)
             Top left...aqua              (slot machine)
             Top right...blue             (statue with food)

[close]

Thank you for the solution.

If I may suggest that in the walkthrough, you include the name of the colour rather than just display the colour item assuming that the player can reference them visually. Many people either have poor colour vision or monitors with compromised colour definition and that makes it impossible to solve, even with the walkthrough.

SHADOW

tscharli

Hi Shadow. Were you answering to my question there? If so, thank you, but:
Spoiler
I wasn't asking about the scarabs, but about the clay flower I've got to paint with the make up. I'm on the puzzle with the necklace for Fazima.
Did I choose the correct colours (see above)? And should I choose black (which then shows as dark gray) or dark gray (which then shows as black)?
[close]

OK I just made it out by trying, but the
Spoiler
colours do not really correspond to what they should. What is supposed to be dark green looks like olive green, and as I already mentioned, black paints as grey.
[close]

amanta4ray

Quote from: tscharli on Sun 26/04/2015 00:02:20
Got stuck painting the:
Spoiler
clay flower pendant in the sheik's camp. When do I know that the colours are correct? I have royal blue, red, light purple, olive green, gold and black. But when I choose black it paints dark grey and vice versa. And in either way I end up having still an unpainted flower in the inventory.
[close]

Shadow was also having trouble with the colors and mentioned that different computer moniters will make the colors look slightly off.
On my screen, the colors look identical to each other.

By the way, maybe I found another bug quite at the begining:
Spoiler
The first time I entered the copy shop I already got a map from Egypt. But I was only able to go to Egypt later in the game after having bought the map a second time. 
[close]

Spoiler
The first map you got was of Los Angeles (back at Allyson's house).  The second was a map of Egypt that was purchased.  I checked out about purchasing two Egypt maps and there is nothing in the game that would allow that.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk