Echoes of the Past

Started by blur, Thu 16/04/2015 14:08:53

Previous topic - Next topic

blur

Spoiler
How do I find the expert to ask for the Valley of Fire? Nevermind, I found it: You need to search for 'book of thoth' (all lower case) in the 'Internet'.
Spoiler
What else do I need to go to Egypt?
I xeroxed the journal,
looked at the Eye of Horus with the magnifying glass,
translated the name of the city on the back of the picture,
have all the stuff from my house
Never mind, I found it: I had to look up the valley of nobles  in the internet.
[close]
[close]
How to get the
Spoiler
design from the cabinet?Never mind, I found it :)
[close]

splat44

I know I need doing following

Spoiler
repaid broach but I think another book is locked inside drawer from same room but with what I prying with
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 17/04/2015 22:06:36

Spoiler
repaid broach but I think another book is locked inside drawer from same room but with what I prying with
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
There are two sets of two drawers. One set has a knife in the left drawer. Use that on the drawer that is stuck and it will open
[close]

SHADOW

splat44

OK, where is?

Spoiler
knife? The obvious place could in kitchen but can't find it and I am searching high and low to other places and same result
[close]
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 19/04/2015 20:11:08

Spoiler
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
There are two sets of two drawers. One set has a knife in the left drawer. Use that on the drawer that is stuck and it will open
[close]

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 20/04/2015 02:32:20
OK, where is?

Spoiler
knife? The obvious place could in kitchen but can't find it and I am searching high and low to other places and same result
[close]
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 19/04/2015 20:11:08

Spoiler
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
[close]

SHADOW

Splat:

Spoiler
The knife and the book are both in the downstairs of the antique shop. There is a cabinet there, near the bookcase and the safe. The cabinet has two sets of drawers, one has the knife and one can be opened with the knife.
[close]

SHADOW

splat44

Woa, no wonders I had much problem locating that think shadow1000

Right now I have followings:
Spoiler
Screw driver, lemonade (with alcohol), tan lotion, compact lenses
[close]

Don't how to do following in memorial park:
Spoiler
dealing with guard, pigeon and how to repair electric guitar
[close]

amanta4ray

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 20/04/2015 18:45:43
Woa, no wonders I had much problem locating that think shadow1000

Right now I have followings:
Spoiler
Screw driver, lemonade (with alcohol), tan lotion, compact lenses
[close]

Don't how to do following in memorial park:
Spoiler
dealing with guard, pigeon and how to repair electric guitar
[close]

Spoiler
there's nothing to do with the pigeon....you can't deal with the guard until after you have fixed the guitar and given it back...to do that you still need an item that is found back at Allyson's house in the bathroom.
[close]

josiah1221

I am completely stumped...

Spoiler
I have the letter from the brooch and the box from the fountain but can't figure out the puzzle. Is there another hint or clue that I'm missing?
[close]

amanta4ray

Quote from: josiah1221 on Tue 21/04/2015 03:39:29
I am completely stumped...

Spoiler
I have the letter from the brooch and the box from the fountain but can't figure out the puzzle. Is there another hint or clue that I'm missing?
[close]

Spoiler
There's a book from Allyson's livingroom shelves that should help.
[close]

Tinytim

Spoiler
Why can I not open the safe with the opening date code?
[close]
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

blur

Quote from: Tinytim on Tue 21/04/2015 11:14:43
Spoiler
Why can I not open the safe with the opening date code?
[close]
Spoiler
These locks are a bit more special than one might expect, but it worked when I followed some instructions.
[close]

Tinytim

If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

amanta4ray

Quote from: Tinytim on Tue 21/04/2015 15:34:19
Still not working!!!

For this puzzle, I followed the instructions for a combination lock that I had.....
Spoiler
click the right hand arrow until you get to the first number, then still using the right arrow, go past that number three times, then land on it...then click the left arrow until you get to the second number, go past that once then land on it...click the right arrow until you get to the last number
[close]

Spoiler....
Spoiler
if you are still having problems....click the right arrow 156 times, then the left arrow 66 times, then the right arrow 20 times....that should do it.
[close]

Shadow1000

I'm finally stuck.

Spoiler
I'm in the temple of Set-en-et. I put the five picture boxes into the slots on the altar but I don't see any key to which picture has to show on each box. As well, I don't know how to do the tile puzzle on the other altar. I got the tile from the scorpion (I assume it's related?) but I don't see a key anywhere showing what tiles go where. If these two puzzles are related in that you have to do one to solve the other then please just provide a hint for one and I'll solve the other.
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

splat44

Thanks amanta4ray.

How to open locket:

Spoiler
I found locket code but I'm not sure what it represents:

Spoiler
1RR, 3LB, 2LR, RA, 1RB and Alone
[close]

What the represents so I properly unlock locket
[close]

amanta4ray

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 22/04/2015 03:22:40
I'm finally stuck.

Spoiler
I'm in the temple of Set-en-et. I put the five picture boxes into the slots on the altar but I don't see any key to which picture has to show on each box. As well, I don't know how to do the tile puzzle on the other altar. I got the tile from the scorpion (I assume it's related?) but I don't see a key anywhere showing what tiles go where. If these two puzzles are related in that you have to do one to solve the other then please just provide a hint for one and I'll solve the other.
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

Spoiler
The two puzzles are somewhat related in that you have to do the tile one first in order to open the door.  The answer to that one can be found on a scroll in the guard's locker back at camp.  Also, make sure that you have played and won the card game with the guard in the tent.
[close]

amanta4ray

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 22/04/2015 03:54:58
Thanks amanta4ray.

How to open locket:

Spoiler
I found locket code but I'm not sure what it represents:

Spoiler
1RR, 3LB, 2LR, RA, 1RB and Alone
[close]

What the represents so I properly unlock locket
[close]
Spoiler

This code is the buttons on the front of the pendant... 1RR = first right red
                                                                                      3LB = third left blue
                                                                                      2LR = second left red
                                                                                      RA  = right aqua
                                                                                    alone = the single red one above the aqua

First is at the top of the wing going down to the last at the body
[close]

splat44

Once again thank amanta4ray,

For next:
Spoiler
I know it has something to do with series of letters from cheat from but text box fit only two letters, how I can continue at this point? I hope this a bug?
[close]

amanta4ray

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 22/04/2015 07:53:23
Once again thank amanta4ray,

For next:
Spoiler
I know it has something to do with series of letters from cheat from but text box fit only two letters, how I can continue at this point? I hope this a bug?
[close]

And you are very welcome....I don't mind helping at all...
Spoiler
Each picture is one letter of the Egyptian alphabet...just type in the correct letter and hit enter...it will automatically go to the next one in the sequence.
[close]

Tinytim

Thank you amanta4ray, the multi turning finally did the trick. But how did you expect it to be worked out simply from
Spoiler
the opening date
[close]
although, I guess, some others did it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk