Find a team for your next AGS project on Ludust

Started by nickofnight, Wed 22/04/2015 11:25:12

Previous topic - Next topic

nickofnight

Hi everyone! My name is Nick and I recently launched a website (http://www.ludust.com) for game developers to easily find a team to work with (artists, musicians, script writers etc).

The site has been going for just over a week now and we have had a lot of talented people sign up looking for a game development project to join. I would love a few more projects on the site so if you want to find people to work with on your current or next project please come and check us out! Or if you are looking for a project to join, we have those too.

The site is free and once you are in a project you get access to a bunch of team tools such as team forum,wiki,uploads,public blog etc.

Any feedback is incredibly welcome!

Nick - Ludust

Darth Mandarb

I've had this same idea for years but just never got 'round to actually developing it.

I'm glad somebody developed it!

I checked around the site (the blog and the about us sections) and even translate.Google and couldn't find any explanation of "ludust".  Is there a meaning behind the word that pertains to teams/collaboration or something like that?  Or did you just pick a word you thought sounded cool?

Anyway, good luck with the project!

nickofnight

Thanks! Why not come and help us shape the site - I bet you have some great ideas on how to improve it! Our Trello board has a few of the upcoming improvements (ludust trello) as suggested in the forums.

OK, I will give AVGS the exclusive on why it is called Ludust, haha. It comes from the Latin word Ludus which means a bunch of stuff including game, play and training. I was pretty taken with it but unfortunately I could not get ludus .com so I did the only thing I could in that situation... I shoved a T onto the end of it!

Darth Mandarb

Gotcha!  I, too, have used a derivation of a latin word for a project (non-game related) that I'm working on.  Good stuff.

As for using Ludust I do have something coming down the pipe where we might need some team members. 

We do have the recruitment board on here but it tends to get cluttered up and doesn't offer any kind of "team" discussion, etc.  So something like your site might be just what the doctor ordered.

I have it bookmarked.

nickofnight

Thanks Darth, I will look forward to seeing you on there some time. Latin derivations make the best names - good luck with your project!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk