Syfycation Of My Vacation

Started by SilverSpook, Sat 25/04/2015 08:50:57

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Sorry for the cryptic title.  Basically, I've got a 2030 vacation spot, and I want to rub it in hard that this is really 2030 and not just a Waikiki postcard with an oversize novelty postage stamp of a snowglobed city from Astounding Science Fiction

I'm thinking some kind of flying car scudding in the background, but I was looking for something a bit more cliche (joking).

Thanks in advance!

(Note: this is a work-in-progress.  Don't worry about missing bits / weird mismatched colors at this point.)

A little more info:

Potential location name, "Murdock Beach".  Taking name suggestions too if interested.

This is going to be a photograph that a character in Neofeud picks up and gets wistful over. Bench will have the guy, with his kid hanging off his neck, arm around wife. Vacay Kodak moment, memories of greener pastures. A pathos-building tangent. It's supposed to be the feels, and illustrates the Fall.

I.E.:

“The ex, and the kid. This was ages ago, before I got kicked off the force.”

“(Pause)” head falls.

“Burnt a lot of bridges, didn't you, Mr. Carbon. You can't go home again.”

Cassiebsg

Those buildings are "eery"... they look just these ones:
Spoiler

[close]
Where I lived most of my life! 8-0

Think you need some other design buildings, other than some boxes that come out of unimaginative minds from the start of the 70's... (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SilverSpook

Hehe, yep, I lived, still live in Hawaii, and the boxes are loosely based of course on this tropic vacation center-of-the-universe:

Sundried Fordist-era middle classers, roasting in boxland.  Perhaps some Raygun Gothic curves or some hyper-tessellated capital "A" Architecture could sneak in there, i.e.

Cassiebsg

Well... come to think 2030 is only 15 years ahead... chances are those boxes will still be there in the same place for longer than that. (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SilverSpook

So in the interest of time, I gave into the flying car idea.  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk