Somnamulizer: A Tale Of Olympus U (April 2015 MAGS entry)

Started by Eggie, Sat 02/05/2015 17:26:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

FEATURES
  • A point and click adventure that reimagines the Greek gods as students at a University.
  • Help Hypnos, Majoring in Sleep Studies, get his lazy goldang roommate to go to the party with him using his horrifying powers of dream-manipulation!
  • Features many animations!
  • Some of them aren't broken!
  • The last act is pretty much one long cutscene because I cut out two major puzzles
  • I don't know how to write feature lists

Anke

Have you ever played a student? Yes? What about a greek god? You did, didn't you? But did you ever play a student who is a greek god? No? In that case, welcome to Somnamulizer! You will never look at ancient gods the same way ...

This is great. I like the humour. And the artwork. Your animations are wonderful, too. I especially love the one of Hypnos going down into the underworld lab. The puzzles are also great (outstanding even compared to most of the AdventureJam entries). Had me thinking for a while.

The sounds of the telly are a bit too loud for my liking. But that's just a minor complaint. At least I didn't miss Wilhelm that way. ;)

I hope that you're going to add some more content in the future. I'd really like to see another dream sequence. Manipulating someone's mind is quite an interesting talent. :-D

Somnamulizer is a funny game. It's still rough around the edges, yes, but don't let this put you off. There are no gamebreaking bugs (not for me, anyway) and it's already looking good, even with some broken animations and two major puzzles missing.

Quote from: Eggie on Sat 02/05/2015 17:26:06
  • I don't know how to write feature lists

That's not true, actually. Your feature list is hilarious! If I hadn't played Somnamulizer yet, I would've been thoroughly tempted. ;)

Eggie

Quote from: Anke on Mon 04/05/2015 17:40:42
I hope that you're going to add some more content in the future. I'd really like to see another dream sequence. Manipulating someone's mind is quite an interesting talent. :-D

Thanks for the kind words! Ideally there'd be two more, one for Ares and one for Pasithea. I'm torn on whether to keep adding to this, it's been in two competitions already and it kind of feels like everyone who's going to play this will have by the time the voting for them both is over. For better or worse.

sergiocornaga

This was one of the best adventure games I've played in a while. All the super smooth animation you did really made the game shine, the elevator gag was especially great. The characters are really charming. Well, up until that point where they aren't... I liked the way you handled that, though. Gia was my favourite character, and I presume you feel the same way.

I hope you will polish this up a little more. Even just to fix a few of the minor GUI bugs I noticed, for instance. I could live without the extra dream sequences since you got a decent joke out of excluding them. If you decide it's done enough, that's OK, but if you do have further plans I'd like to know about them!

Eggie

Aarrggh, thanks so much man! I SHOULD fix those GUI quirks, I will! It's going to happen!

Quote from: sergiocornaga on Tue 26/05/2015 15:44:50
Gia was my favourite character, and I presume you feel the same way.

Jeez yeah, I had so much Gia affection. It got weird! It's why'd she's had more attention than any other character. Whenever I wasn't especially feeling the project I'd just sit and do superfluous Gia animations all day instead of fixing things or rewriting because I was working six day weeks and I was isolated from the people in my life and I liked her. I am gross!

cat

Oh no, it just crashed :(
Spoiler

---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.3.2.0)

Error: DoDialog: all options have been turned off

OK   
[close]

It was when trying to give her the black dring several times. Was there a possiblity to save? Because I didn't find one earlier.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk