We had a lot of luck on Venus
We always had a ball on Mars
Meeting all the groovey people
We've rocked the Milky Way so far
We danced around with Borealice
We're space truckin' round the the stars
Come on let's go Space Truckin'

Ongoing storyline:

As captain James Dirk you are on a peace mission to the planet Kaliput to represent earth and to hand over earth's 'Peace among nations' policy and to discuss galactic politics with the federation's ambassadors in the hope of reaching amicable agreements.

However, your space craft gets hit by a rogue meteorite just before you land on Kaliput. Your craft crash lands on Kaliput and the crash breaks both your legs and you are unable to attend this vital meeting.

You entrust your faithful droid KP29 to hand over earths 'Peace among nations' policy to the ambassadors.

After KP29 boards the meeting craft on Kaliput to attend the meeting it soon unravels that a coo plans to overthrow the federation with death eggs, break peace treaties and take over as supreme conquerors of the cosmos is in progress.

Can your trusted droid KP29 thwart this evil coo before all hell breaks loose all over the cosmos?

Along the way KP29 meets with all the unusual aliens, makes friends, rouses enemies, gets to do all kinds of things and of course there are plenty of 'goodies' to keep you engrossed (laugh)

Specs:

640 x 480
16 bit color
DirectDraw

Screens in production (updated may 18th):

Splash screen:

The USS Thunderchild just before disaster strikes:

A crash has broken captain Dirk's legs:

KP29 leaving the crashed USS Thunderchild to attend the 'Peace among nations' meeting with the federation's ambassadors:

KP29 scanning the craft where the meeting is taking place:

Expect to see this game around September 2015 (nod)

AnasAbdin

This is slasher: between making AGS games, he makes AGS games.

SilverSpook

I like the Predator-chromosome heads-up display.  I hope self-detonation becomes an unlockable verb near the final third of the game.

Looks hot!

Keep on truckin'!

MyEakinBack

QuoteThis is slasher: between making AGS games, he makes AGS games.
And in-between making his in-between games, he finds time to test games and give great advice, in-between. The man is not human but a cyborg himself. :wink:
completed: Beyond Eternity

Stupot

Damn, Slasher. You are the James Patterson of games. (nod)

Slasher

But i'm all heart (laugh)

Have updated screenshots in first post.

The basic mechanics are done.

Now to bring on the most vile aliens for this riveting space adventure game (nod)

CaptainD

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 05/05/2015 20:18:51
This is slasher: between making AGS games, he makes AGS games.

He has found a way to clone himself, at least twice.  It's the only rational answer.

Slasher

A bit slower than actual game play itself in places:

[embed=700,450]http://youtu.be/kx7uFPPw7nk[/embed]

please don't mention spello's at this time (laugh)

Gurok

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with the space exploration sci-fi genre, but when are we going to see another Charles Davenport adventure?
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Slasher

Hi Gurok,

QuoteI'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with the space exploration sci-fi genre,
You will have to wait to find out what 'goodies' i have in store and i am pulling a few 'stops' out on this game (laugh)

Quotewhen are we going to see another Charles Davenport adventure?
If previous Charles Davenport games had more feedback on the database page i may consider another epic adventure for Mr Davenport (nod)

Meanwhile I am into this 'space' epic as i am not shy to try any genre (DSM for instance).

Game progress: 5% (intro completed)

Slasher

New Screenie (plus updated screenies in first post):

After KP29 discovers a plot to assassinate the federation ambassadors he sets about foiling the plotters but does not realise that he is being hunted by hostile mercenary's which include an acid-goo creature!

Here is KP29 using the spacecraft's lift:

Game progress: 10%

Slasher

NEW

Bumping into Knobby, a friend and war comrade, on the Nostromo ..

Game progress: 40%

Slasher

New screenshot

Meeting some unusual characters in the Nostromo's lounge bar:

Can KP29 obtain more information that will end the Sylons plan to kill everyone onboard and become
rulers of all the cosmos?

progress: 80%

Retro Wolf

That brown alien is from Oddballz! Loved those PF magic games as a kid!

Slasher

Slasher

Darkforce is now completed game wise and now comes the hair tugging, the screaming and the pills: it's testing time and spell/grammar checks... Help calm my nerves, be a tester (laugh)

Fitz

Now that's all fine and dandy -- but when, pray tell, are you going to release that talkie version of JACK, for which I almost tore my vocal cords? ;)

Slasher

Hi Fitz,

Quotebut when, pray tell, are you going to release that talkie version of JACK, for which I almost tore my vocal cords? ;)
Almost there. Give it about 4 - 5  weeks.... ;)

cheers

Slasher

New screenshot:

Stuck between a rock and a hard place in your quest to stop the plot to assassinate all onboard the Nostromo:

Game play progress 99%
Music being composed.
Grammar being done.
Need testers...

AnasAbdin

Quote from: slasher on Fri 24/07/2015 17:58:53
Game play progress 99%

So simply you need 1 nano second to complete it? :P
Looking good slasher ;-D

Slasher

AnasAbdin

Come on, give me two nano seconds to complete it :P

The game play is finished. Grammar check in progress and music being composed.

Come on guys, Darkforce needs a play tester or two (nod)

slasher

AnasAbdin

If I test your game this means I'm insulting it :P I wanna enjoy it as a 100% player and 0% developer  (laugh)

Slasher

DarkForce is now completed with Soundtracks and grammar and spelling checked.

It is now ready for testing.

Help calm my nerves, be a tester (laugh)

slasher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk