Breakup drama

Started by arj0n, Sun 12/04/2015 15:10:35

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

Sadly I will not be joining mittens this year.

The reason for this is that, sadly enough, a few months ago [my  girlfriend] and I broke up.
As I'm still processing this very sad and not easy change of life, I feel I better skip this year.

For that same reason I am not active anymore on the forums. I've put my projects, as the 'LSL1 remake',
indefinitely on-hold. I do hope to pick up working on them in the future though, but now I'm still lacking the energy.

Sorry to bother you with this.

@All: Enjoy your Mittens 2015 trip.

Regards,
-arj0n

EDIT:
[Edit temporarily removed by mod. - Snarky]

Snarky

I have a lot of sympathy for Arj0n's position, and totally understand his anger. Nevertheless, since this involves an ugly fight between longtime forum members, with personal accusations now being made, I am, hesitantly, locking the thread and temporarily removing the personal information posted, until the moderators have had a chance to discuss the matter. Sorry, Arj0n. We'll try to decide how to handle this ASAP in a fair and impartial manner.

arj0n

As many forum member already know by now, I resigned from the forum about 2 months ago. The reason is my ex and I broke up, because a relationship should be fair but it wasn't at all.
The stuff that has been done to me has hurt me greatly and it still does, and therefor I feel I can't stay on the forums while my ex and her new boyfriend are around here too.
I also do not attend to mittens this year for the exact same reason.

My LSL1 remake project will be frozen for now, not canceled, and I keep working on my Futurama game for now.

It was a great time here and I've met many truly nice and honest people here and also on Mittens.
Love you all, miss you all.

-arj0n

For specific questions, please PM or contact via my Facebook.

Snarky

Some of you may have witnessed a lot of weirdness in this thread, with posts coming and going and being changed multiple times. As there are a couple of points of concern we'd like to be open about, here's an official statement and explanation:

As he has described, Arj0n used to date another AGSer, and they attended Mittens 2013 and 2014 together. They broke up shortly afterwards. This AGSer and AGA are now dating, and plan to attend Mittens 2015 together. Arj0n is hurt and upset by these events, and alluded to them in a previous version of the first post above. AGA, feeling that this was none of people's business and hoping to avoid confrontation, edited the post to remove the mentions, using admin privileges to suppress the "edited" tag on the post.

The other moderators believe it was poor judgment by AGA to step in as moderator on a matter where he was so personally involved, rather than asking another moderator to handle it. We also feel that best practice for moderating requires the "edited" tag to remain, as an indication that the post has been changed from what its author wrote. That should be the policy going forward.

When Arj0n noticed the edits, he responded by posting details about the breakup as well as certain accusations, which have been privately disputed by the other parties. Only the people involved know the full story, but as this is a private matter and discussion could only turn ugly, the moderators have determined that it's not appropriate for the forums. The comments have been removed, but Arjon was invited to write a calmer explanation (the post right above). As far as the forums are concerned, this matter is closed. Thank you for your understanding.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk