58 - Artists, musicians, programmers, puzzle designers and voice actors wanted

Started by alphadalekben, Sun 17/05/2015 13:43:24

Previous topic - Next topic

alphadalekben

Would anybody be interested in applying (or re-applying) for these positions?

I am planning on restarting my '58' project (aka 'The Count') after work on SilverSpook's 'Neofeud' is completed around about October 2015. That means that, whilst it may not officially be in production at this very moment in time (despite the storyline nearly being completely written), I am wondering if anyone would be interested in making rough drafts of their work so that work can start asap when the project is officially re-announced.

Here are a few details for the project from the previous Recruitment thread:

Thrust into a bizarre and complex mystery through fate, 4 strangers are forced together by a shady and corrupt General and have to combine their wits to complete his mysterious task.

Here are a few brief outlines for what I am interested in:

Music

A atmospheric feel for the Investigation segments (ala 'Resident Evil') and an energetic feeling for the Trial and Interrogation segments (ala 'Ace Attorney') with a jazz / blue instrumentation (ala 'Layton Brothers: Mystery Room').

Voice Acting

This one is more up for debate between the VA team, either a cheesy voice track (ala 'Resident Evil') or a more natural sounding voice track. One thing I do want though are voice clips for the Trial and Interrogation segments (ala 'Ace Attorney'). So things such as 'Objection!', 'Hold It!' and 'Take That!' for some characters, using the example of 'Ace Attorney'. But, this can be adapted for the style of the game and differences between characters. I am planning a large amount of dialogue, so be warned.

Artists

Due to the fact that I have someone doing sprite-work in the style of 'Ghost Trick', I would like to have backgrounds and animations in this style, preferably split between two or more people. I would also like to have GUI artwork in the style of 'Ace Attorney' - both for the Investigation segments and Trial / Interrogation segments (again split between two or more people for the sake of efficiency, so both GUI artists would need to be able to communicate and cooperate easily for consistency, both between them and with the rest of the art.)

So, to summarise, at least four more people are preferred for the artwork.

Programmers

I would prefer two or three people who are able to work together closely. One for the investigation segments, in the style of 'Ace Attorney: Investigations'. One for the Trial and Interrogation segments, in the style of the Trial sections of 'Ace Attorney'. The optional one is wanted in order to implement and organise the dialogue in the game, due to there being a large amount and it being so engrained into the Trial and Interrogation segments and the general flow of the game. This is just to make things more manageable.

Puzzle Designers

Due to me not being very good at coming up with puzzles, I would like someone to help me with it. They would potentially need to be able to communicate with all other sectors of the game design to help put puzzles, programmers especially. They would also need to help structure the testimony in the Trial and Interrogation segments to help structure and hide the contradictions. This can split with someone else, so potentially there could be two puzzle designers.

Cheers,
alphadalekben

aikex222

Hmm (roll) love those games.
Now you got me interested in your game, the style used in ghost trick was just
excellent followed by charismatic characters and a cool story
It would be a nice challenge making the backgrounds, unfortunately now i just can use my brother's pc at mornings.

Put hope to see more about the project. :)

alphadalekben

Hey, no worries. Just try and PM me a few drafts for backgrounds if you can. It's still in pre-production at the moment so there's no hurry yet. Thanks for the interest.

Frikker

So im assuming you are planning this to be a pretty big project, as without counting the voice actors, you are looking for around 10 people to help you make this game? Im afraid im too busy with my own project but good luck with it, this will certainly be an interesting one to watch.....

alphadalekben

Well, the plan is to enter production fully around about October time so, if you're free and willing, you're more than welcome to join in. Also, if needed, I could combine a few roles. I'm splitting it like this so that the workload is even (no-one's got too much and no-one's got too little).

Cheers,
alphadalekben

Frikker

ahh good idea , I doubt I will be of much use as im working on a large project of my own which is taking up pretty much all of my free time so i wont fill you with false promises. But best of luck with this and Im on the forum daily and I atleast try to help with suggestions opinions and playtesting as much as I can so ill be watching this one and will still try to help out where I can :)

alphadalekben

Cheers buddy. Just a few thoughts and questions for you:

What would you be able to contribute if you could, aside from playtesting? I wouldn't mind some VAs or GUI designers (so redesigning the default mouse sprites etc.).

Would you also be able to show your support from SilverSpook's 'Neofeud' if you haven't already. That's the game I'm currently working on, hence why I'm not quite ready for full time production for 58?

Also, I've made a topic for discussion of ideas for 58, in case anyone's interested.

Cheers again,
alphadalekben

Frikker

I would be happy to help out where I could, im more an artist than a VA or programmer so i would perhaps be able to do bits of artwork to help out, I just cant guarantee how much time I could contribute but ill try my best. as I say, my own project is very demanding and taking up all my free time but I always put an hour or two aside here and there to try to help out . An example of my digital artwork is here : https://cgcookie.com/concept/images/piero-my-attempt/ its a bird concept I did for practise, be sure to hit the zoom button below the linked image as the quality is terrible before you zoom and all the detail is lost.

As for Neofeud, yes I have been following it closely and I have recently offered some art advice in the critics section, I will continue to give support where I can as its looking to be an interesting one :)

SilverSpook

Once I'm finished with Neofeud I'd be open to helping out with 58.  :)  As it stands, I feel I can have a maximum of two spouses at once (one literal with ring and joint back account and such, one "creative project" ;) )

alphadalekben

DBoyWheeler

I should warn you, I do sound kinda monotone when I'm not talking to another living person, but I might be willing to try out some voices.  Maybe as an NPC who gives information about the place the protagonists are in.

alphadalekben

Hey,

I think the character of Urnold Owen would suit a monotone voice, so would you be willing to try for that role? PM me your email and I'll send you the latest draft?

Cheers,
alphadalekben

WeTalkOfDreams

Hello, if the position is still open, I would love to work on being a composer for the game.

Whilst my experience is little, I have been composing as far back as I remember, and I do see this being a definitive career for myself. I'll leave a link to my soundcloud below :)

https://soundcloud.com/wetalkofdreams

Regards,
Nico Vettese

alphadalekben

Hey Nico,

I'd be more than happy to have you on our team. PM me your rates and any particular parts of the soundtrack that you want to take charge on, if any.

Cheers,
alphadalekben

Superkumi

I'm more than willing to try voice acting for you, and I'd love to help with the programming and puzzle design but those depend on how busy I'll be after September.
But definitely want to try and help with the voices, I'm often told I should switch careers to be on radio.

alphadalekben

As I mentioned to DBoyWheeler, PM your email address and you can have your pick of characters from the storyline.

Also, I'd love to have you helping with puzzle design and programming, but I completely understand with the commitment situation (which is part of the reason I'm recruiting so that I have less of a workload at this point in time.

alphadalekben

Due to other commitments and budgetary restraints, I have decided to postpone '58' until I have a solid budget.

Sorry,
alphadalekben

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk