Bad robot walkcycle

Started by dbuske, Mon 18/05/2015 18:27:18

Previous topic - Next topic

dbuske

http://dbuske.imgur.com  This is a link to my Imgur photos. All are public. There is a new
Bad robot walkcycle.
They need a little coloring work.
Feel free to download whatever you want.
To use the bad robot image, you probably need to get
permission from the director of Star trek (newest version), I forget his name.
I think he might agree to let someone use the image because no money is made and it is good
advertising for his production company.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

m0ds

Yes, let's all go and try and get permission from JJ Abrahms to use your sprite dbuske because you know, that's normal routine for most of us.

Moved your thread. Beside one or two very basic resources, it's just self promotion and a dumb-ass instruction to contact JJ Abrahms.

Mandle

Quote from: Mods on Wed 20/05/2015 14:36:08
Yes, let's all go and try and get permission from JJ Abrahms to use your sprite dbuske because you know, that's normal routine for most of us.

Moved your thread. Beside one or two very basic resources, it's just self promotion and a dumb-ass instruction to contact JJ Abrahms.

Bit harsh maybe on someone who might be young and enthusiastic and hasn't quite figured out how cynical the world is?

Darth Mandarb

I
contacted the director
of Star Trek (couldn't google
his name) and he
said
no you can't use it
so that's that
I
guess.

m0ds

Nope, harsh would be banning him. Which is still on the table, but not what I'd prefer to do. This is a user with multiple warnings, that has been messaged plenty of times about following simple rules around here. This thread is so borderline acceptable, is why I'd rather just move it & flip him off than remove him, which I could do, because he's persistently targeting the board I moderate with tripe posts. Just click "post history" if you want some evidence ;) When asked to stop posting new threads with just a link and 3 words alongside it, now what we have is effectively exactly the same and just some ramble about contacting hollywood directors. A little improvement, dbuske, but not MUCH improvement really, is it...

Mandle

Oh, I hadn't realised the season opened this early!

I have looked at his post history as suggested and I cannot say that I saw anything "tripe" in particular.

I do not see any reason to "flip him off", call something he said "dumb-ass" (naive might have been a better term) or potentially ban him from the site...

I'm not a mod of course but all I see is a person maybe a tad over-enthusiastic about this particular hobby and wishing to post stuff that would be of interest to the AGS community in their view...

I actually owe dbuske for pointing me towards DoctorFou's escape the room indie engine which I was able to use richly in my teaching profession...

Ibispi

dbuske, don't let others discourage you from doing what is close to your heart.
But you have to understand the rules. If you break the rules you can get punished. And with punishment goes your freedom. And with freedom, well, everything that is close to your heart.
That's why we all obey the rules.
Not that being banished from this community can stop you from doing what you love. Look at Arj0n for example.

m0ds

Ha, Mandle, it opened a few weeks ago, did you not notice? Ibispi did := This guys warning log has more rises and dips than a six flags roller coaster so perhaps you want to exert some of those teaching skills and help him improve his posts even further - I admire that you can see it positively, I personally do not :P In your favour dbuske, your posts have improved, but there's still room for further improvement. Probably doesn't take much to impress others but yeah, it does for me. So post in talk and chat when you have your first, real, actual insightful thread that does not have any URL in it, just your enthusiasm in black and white. Other wise, that roller coaster is going upward again. Cheers!

Mandle

Quote from: Mods on Wed 20/05/2015 16:43:56
Ha, Mandle, it opened a few weeks ago, did you not notice?

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Ghost

Quote from: Mods on Wed 20/05/2015 14:36:08

Actually, I have the guy on speed dial. Don't you all?

Snarky

I love this bit:

Quote from: dbuske on Mon 18/05/2015 18:27:18
I think he might agree to let someone use the image because no money is made and it is good
advertising for his production company.

Yes, the director of the next Star Wars movie could really use the promotion that only a character in an AGS game can provide!

Mouth for war

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 22/05/2015 15:39:18
Yes, the director of the next Star Wars movie could really use the promotion that only a character in an AGS game can provide!

HAHAHAHAHAHA :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

CaptainD

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 22/05/2015 15:39:18

Do not underestimate the power of the AGS community. 8-)

Mandle

Yes... There is a lot of comedic material in the first post of this thread...

I personally ignored it to spare the feelings of the initial poster...

But it seems that the season is indeed open so I will add some actual feedback on the material presented:

Sorry, but Dbuske:

That is not actually a walkcycle: It is just a view of a character from different angles...

I like that you have imagined the bottom half of a character that we have only seen up until now from the shoulders up...

Make it walk in an actual animation and I think people will be more interested!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk