Shadow Wars

Started by Midian Design, Sun 31/05/2015 13:22:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Midian Design

This secondary project is being made in 320x240. It will be developed within a lower pace than the other hi-res games by Midian Design, but will for sure be released. Sooner or later... (2036?) :)

> DEMO - DOWNLOAD <

1959. The world is ruled by Hitler, who led World War II.

[embed=640,480]http://youtu.be/iBYQRIG2nzY[/embed]

The technology is in the hands of two superpowers: the Tesla Group, based in Neo Eboracum, and the Einstein Dynamic, based in Berlin.

The first one is specialized in nanotechnology, the second one in the production of steam machines and steam powered robots.
Our protagonist, Morgan Gibson, is a private investigator who despite the Regime, manages to survive thanks to small assignments.

While working on a case of adultery, during his stakeout, he receives a strange text message from Temperance, his wife, discovering she has disappeared into thin air. She was recently working for the Tesla Group, so his research has to start from there...

*Last screenshot: Piotr has the mind of a child, he never speaks but he's one of the best bomb expert around. Faith is the leader of the Resistance and Heath, Faith's brother, is an expert in many types of technology.

Cassiebsg

looks great and interesting story line.
Keep up the good work! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gurok

Your games always have a dark, mature tone to them and this is no exception. It sounds like it'll be very thought provoking. I like the blending on the sprites and the level of detail on the faces. This is looking really cool and I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

[delete}

I'd go for the catchy title Doc Apocalypse instead of the more generic Shadow Wars.

Also, just saying, since Germany is an adventure-land: Showing specific symbols of the 1940's regime is not allowed here by law.

Midian Design

Thank you all :) . @Amélie ,it's true, you understood what I meant to do. While I was working on badges, achievements and emoticons in Steam, for "The Apotheosis Project", I developed this idea, and I thought it could work. Some parts in these images still need more love, but I think it's a road that deserves to be explored :).

xil

I really, really like this graphic style. I've never been a massive fan of the higher resolution 3d-to-sprite sort of thing but this to me is a perfect balance.
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

Armageddon

This looks really sexy. And I agree with everyone else, you've struck a really good balance with the pre-rendered art.

Mandle

SilverSpook

Reminds me of Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect, in a good way ;)

Looks great, can't wait!

Midian Design

Blondbraid

The game looks really interesting, it reminds
me of Wolfenstein: the new order in a good way.

StillInThe90s

2nd pretty much everything said. This looks really nice. You have managed to turn a bad idea (mixing 3D rendered, photo & pixelart) into something new and very interesting.
One small thing: The boxshot (top image) is not representing this unique style very well, imo. It may scare off people who are not into hi-res 3D-sprite adventures (I almost missed this gem because of it). I hope that was not too harsh.
Best of luck!

Midian Design

Quote from: StillInThe90s on Thu 11/06/2015 12:53:55
The boxshot (top image) is not representing this unique style very well, imo.

That's true ! :) This is a WIP, The "Resistance", the characters in the last image, will be on the final boxshot. ;) (and a different style, not this one)

Stupot

Looks great. All the more so knowing it is just a mere secondary project.
All the best :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk