Unexpected error: String is too long:

Started by MyEakinBack, Sun 31/05/2015 19:13:04

Previous topic - Next topic

MyEakinBack

I'm getting so close to being done and I had this error pop up during compiling:

Unexpected error: String is too long: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (max length=149)

The trouble is there is no indication as to where this appeared - no room name, no script name, nothing. This was compiling just fine a bit earlier. The last things I did were to move a few variables from one function to another in about a dozen rooms and to modify 3 ogg speech files. The compiler writes out an exe, but it does not write out audio.vox and speech.vox. The exe will not load. I have tried removing the new oggs to no avail.

I fear I may have to go to a back up and paste in all of the script updates I've made over the last couple of weeks. Any ideas out there?
completed: Beyond Eternity

Crimson Wizard

The only length limitation around ~150 symbols I could find is a Dialog Option text limit. Try checking your dialogs.

E: do you actually put this long "----------" line into your dialog option? If not, perhaps some data got corrupted, or there is a compiling bug in the editor.

MyEakinBack

Ah, there it is. One of the dialog options has the dashes in it.

Maybe I passed out at the keyboard with my head hitting on the dash key - LOL :grin:

I've been testing with both a tablet and my laptop. Perhaps the corner of the tablet was resting there. Not as funny a story though...

Actually, I think it did get corrupted. At one time I did not have a space when hooking up the speech:

&159Do you have the UV readings from the recent episodes?

In the game, the speech file was playing but the Say text was "you have the UV readings from the recent episodes?". Then I put the space back in:

&159 Do you have the UV readings from the recent episodes?

Maybe the connection to the speech.vox got lost because of the text being mixed up with the number? Just thought I detail it out if it helps.
completed: Beyond Eternity

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk