The Dbuske Thread

Started by Mandle, Tue 02/06/2015 16:00:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

I present this thread to the community and to Dbuske himself as a possible remedy for everyone wishing for the...

...to open earlier each year...

Dbuske: If you just post each of your new links to game engines/personal projects/whatever in this thread each time instead of creating new threads for every single thing then the site mods will probably leave you alone.

I for one actually think you are trying to do something positive for the game dev community and have found at least one of your links very useful...I don't think you are trolling...And I think you honestly want your information to reach the AGS community for positive reasons...

SO! Maybe why don't you just use this single thread to post all new finds and new information in instead of a new thread every time which is unlikely to gain much feedback and just clutters up the forums from a mod's point of view?

People who find your posts useful will then follow your own personal single thread instead of having to look up all your threads every time you make an update...I for one will be following it with interest as I have already had a positive experience from one of your links...

Let's keep AGS the friendliest corner of the internet as much as is possible, and I really believe that it is and that we can all get along here no matter what...

(PMing this link to Dbuske himself)

LimpingFish

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 02/06/2015 16:00:31ready had a positive experience from one of your links...
Let's keep AGS the friendliest corner of the internet as much as is possible, and I really believe that it is and that we can all get along here no matter what...

Agreed.

Having said that...

Any user who fails to abide by the rules set out by board moderators, despite multiple formal/informal warnings, is going to face discipline. Though I can only speak for the boards that I control, I'm confident the other moderators feel the same way.

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Cuiki

Quote from: LimpingFish on Wed 03/06/2015 00:12:36
Any user who fails to abide by the rules set out by board moderators, despite multiple formal/informal warnings, is going to face discipline.
Harsh.
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Darth Mandarb

That isn't harsh. The AGS moderators are some of the most generous I've come across.  They rarely ban people and continuously give users another chance. The rules exist for a reason, if a user doesn't follow them what should we do?  Ignore it?  Maybe give them their own thread to troll in?

All I'm saying is it'd be a different place around here if I had the power to enact bans. Alas, I'll just keep monitoring my little slice of the pie. I support the global mods do and how they do it.

Cuiki

I get that. I was just commenting on the... choice of words.
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Snarky

I think Cuiki was sort of joking? ;) Though it does make me wonder if some trolls get off (as in get off) on being punished.

On another forum I frequent, I just saw a guy get perma-banned for disapproving (using some pretty strong language, admittedly) of an arguably-racist comment left by a moderator. I'm glad we take a less draconian approach, even if it means I can't get rid of anyone who pisses me off.

AFAICT dbuske hasn't really broken any rules recently, so the "discipline" for posting what Mods considers "tripe" should IMO be limited to mild teasing, perhaps a locked thread. Besides, I've actually found some of those links he's posted to other adventure game-making tools interesting myself.

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 03/06/2015 12:02:55
AFAICT dbuske hasn't really broken any rules recently, so the "discipline" for posting what Mods considers "tripe" should IMO be limited to mild teasing, perhaps a locked thread. Besides, I've actually found some of those links he's posted to other adventure game-making tools interesting myself.

As have I...I don't think the dude is trolling. He might be a bit naive and probably a bit young... possibly even not a native English speaker.

This is why I made this thread as I sensed rumblings that he might get some rather strict punishment.

I have PMed him and told him about this thread where he can continue to post in peace and anyone who is interested in his information can easily follow it...

As I understand the situation the problem was with him making a new thread every time he found a new discovery or had something new to say...

This is what got some mods pissed off.

So hopefully this thread can solve that...

It was never intended to be a discussion thread on mods' reasons or for comments on dbuske himself: Rather I meant to point him towards a better way to post his information concisely...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 03/06/2015 12:15:29

As have I...I don't think the dude is trolling. He might be a bit naive and probably a bit young... possibly even not a native English speaker.

You are so wrong...
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51052.msg636497295#msg636497295

Anyway, I am afraid I miss the point of this thread, and have a very awkward feeling about it.

Snarky

Agreed. I know Mandle meant well, but discussion threads singling out particular posters don't usually end well. Locking...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk