Fallout 4

Started by Mouth for war, Wed 03/06/2015 17:49:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

The Steam release date is the 9th, and it's 40 minutes to midnight here. Bought and pre-loaded, now I really hope they don't use Bethesda time...

selmiak

see you guys in a few weeks :-D

Mouth for war

"see you guys in a few weeks :-D" +1 :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

selmiak

Mouth for war

Damn I thought I disabled all security cams :D Haha whoa what a freak!

Monsieur OUXX

Please tell us if it's a good FPS.

Crimson Wizard

I better wait like 6 months to let them make few patches first. :tongue:

Mandle

I've just finished playing it and....hmmmm...

The story was pretty awesome but the ending kinda sucked a bit in that:

MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT:
Spoiler

You never find out what the machine was supposed to do. Was there something I missed in the blueprints? Did I build it wrong?

Also: Who was the mysterious "Gerald" character that is mentioned repeatedly but I never met? I was thinking for so long that I was supposed to meet up with him...No? Did I miss out?

Also: I loved the DOTT reference with that one particular NPC that I only talked to at random when I was stuck on the main mission. Nice Easter Egg and very hard to find I'd say...
[close]

Good playing to all: I'm going back in for a second playthrough to find the different story paths!

Monsieur OUXX

What, you finished it in a half day ? ? ?

kconan

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 09/11/2015 16:13:48

I think he is kidding.

Mouth for war

45 minutes left for me before I can start...ufffff :D

Khris

I've played about three hours and it's time for my nightly nap now.

The mouse/keyboard interface is awkward so I'm playing with my gamepad, and the Pip-Boy app is pretty taxing on my phone's battery, but the game was well worth the wait and money so far.

(And stay away from the Steam discussion boards, there are already assholes who are posting actual spoilers in all caps.)

Mandle

Quote from: kconan on Mon 09/11/2015 18:47:13
Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 09/11/2015 16:13:48

I think he is kidding.

Ah snap! You got me! Oh well, at least I got someone before getting caught out :-D

Mouth for war

The controld took a little getting used to for sure. Being used to the 360 controlls and that it wasn't the same made me make a few mistakes sometimes :D I have played a few hours and I enjoy the hell out of this one :D

Retro Wolf

Not started yet, anyone know if completing main quest locks you out of the game like fallout 3 did pre dlc?

kconan

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Tue 10/11/2015 13:17:31
Not started yet, anyone know if completing main quest locks you out of the game like fallout 3 did pre dlc?

I don't recall which review mentioned this, but I've read that you can keep going after the main quest. 

Retro Wolf

Right so I'm looking for my SPOILER:
Spoiler
kid that got kidnapped in front of me while I could do nothing, which as an IRL parent was fucked up!
[close]
I'm questioning whether I'm going to play this game as an evil dude who does lots of side trips and stop offs, which was my original intention!

Edit after few hours play: I'm Mayor of my own town!! Ooh what's in that cave?!

Chicky

I've played a few hours but not had a chance to get stuck in yet, all my free time is getting sunk into MAGS this month, Fallout 4 makes for a good incentive to get finished early :)

Mouth for war

Yeah chicky hurry up so you can play. :-D oh and haven't found any bugs yet so far :-)

Retro Wolf

Psychic Grandma asked me to build her a chair, I do so and quest won't complete! She keeps asking for a chair so I build a bunch of them, no luck so far!
EDIT: Found it, it's not under furniture tab...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk