Fallout 4

Started by Mouth for war, Wed 03/06/2015 17:49:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro Wolf

I've clocked in a a lot of hours so far (as many as a full time working parent of two can manage), and I'm really enjoying it. I've not completed the main story yet, I'm at a point where I have to choose between certain groups of people, so I've been holding off on that. I don't want to get locked out of certain quests and areas just yet.

I see the game as Fallout 3.5 rather than 4, that's by no means a bad thing; It just feels like a really polished version of Fallout 3.
The base building is pretty cool, though a little clunky; I often find walls not snapping into places I want and keeping track of your settlers can be quite awkward.

I gave my character one charisma because I didn't find much use for it in previous games; I regret this now, as there's been quite a few situations where high charisma would have helped. Actually there's a couple of quests I can't complete until I get my charisma up.

Overall I'm having a good time, the amount of stuff to do in this game is insane!

Jack

I think I'm at ~25 hours, nowhere near having seen a significant amount of the content, of course. I found the story missions quite addictive. Doing side missions now to avoid finishing the story too fast.

Gribbler

I have 6 charisma plus two from elegant suit and one from fancy wig which I try to wear everytime there's important connversation. So I guess that's 9 in total. Effect are sometimes very funny :)

Jack

Quote from: Armageddon on Tue 09/06/2015 11:05:35
I never thought of any of the quests in Fallout 3 as fetch quests or kill 10 rats or whatever. There was always a story and reason behind everything. Remember being the mediator between The Mechanist and The AntAgonizer? Or finding the Republic of Dave and dealing with that situation. Going to that burnt out town occupied by a sniper priest who laid mines everywhere and shot at the cars you hid behind and they exploded. Sneaking into the Super-Duper Mart and getting the drop on the Raiders. So many cool and compelling stories like those in the world.

My all time favourite would be the Pulowski Preservation shelters, which allow you to wait out the nuclear devastation in an unshielded fallout shelter the size of a phone booth.

"Nuclear protection on a budget!"

LindaBelle

I remember how anxiously and eagerly we waited for the release of the Fallout ..)
Didn`t even expected that there will be n ew features like..)
Pip-boys, the ability to make buildings like the customizable environment, 50 types of weapons and even the Android game on Android..) I`d like to ask you did the Fallout 4 meet your expectations?

Gribbler

After investing dozens of hours I've finished Fallout 4 (and got Platinum trophy). I enjoyed the game but it certainly isn't game of the year material. Pros: fun combat and story. Cons: glitches, mediocre graphics, clunky settlement building. Overall it feels like developers played it safe and made (just like Retro Wolf said) Fallout 3.5. The game certainly did not meet my expectations in terms of visuals. I played on PS4 but I've seen the game on ultra PC settings and it doesn't look that much better to be honest.

Mouth for war

I must say now that i am playing the last quests... i am a little disappointed. I am getting bored like hell with it. The problem with bethesda games to me is that you can become strong quite early in their games. Most of the quests felt boring and lacked depth imo. All new locations have the same loot (that damn duct tape in a novice locked toolbox) eventually upon finding a new location,like a factory i just thought "ahhhh not another god damn factory with boring stuff inside" and for a game of that size i think there should be more enemies...but blasting something to pieces while hearing bing crosby happily sing "lay that pistol down" is awesome!!!! Best fallout song ever :-D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Retro Wolf

I haven't played it in a while, not completed it yet. Too many games in my backlog and not enough time!

Jack

I completed it some time ago, then spent a lot of time running around the wasteland with god mode on, using the jetpack to get to tall buildings, then swooping down on raiders like I'm batman.

Haven't played in a while now. I might do a survival mode restart.

Fallout 4 Mods: Fallout 4 Seasons - Grass - Trees - Plants - Snow

Gribbler

Quote from: Mouth for warblasting something to pieces while hearing bing crosby happily sing "lay that pistol down" is awesome!!!! Best fallout song ever

Nothing compares to dispatching Fatman nukes right and left like crazy in the middle of a city and singing along "Atom Bomb Baby" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXSUEU7ISfQ

Mouth for war

That is also very nice! :-D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk