MAGS June: Television (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 05/06/2015 01:22:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Mokho

Not sure that I can finish it in time. I've done most of the art but I just start programing yesterday. Still a lot to pulish :(

Mandle

As usual for me I made a lot of progress on the game, and then broke most of it without a backup before the breakage...

But I did learn a thing or two along the way...

The game is about 90% finished provided I can figure out where one last set of braces needs to be...

xil

I'm still working on my May MAGS entry, but I had a nice little idea for June's so here it is! It's pretty short (10 mins?) and although it's a horror game it's not going to give anyone nightmares :)

Wrong Channel - Completed Game Thread

Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

Priabudiman

Its quite late in the middle of the month, hopefully i can work on something real quick for this!

Mandle

Great to see more potential entrants! My own entry is coming along well finally. I fixed everything I broke without breaking anything else for once: I found that actually concentrating on what I'm doing while coding works wonders!

Even managed to sneak in another couple of puzzles. Not finished yet, so back to it!!!

Atelier

Stupot - thank you for hosting this month and for updating the MAGS database! It was very out of date so I imagine it was no mean feat. Three cheers for Stupot! ;-D

I'm working on the MAGS July thread now.

Mokho

Unfortunately, me, it's now sure that I wont finish the game in time. I'll need at least one more week, so I would try to share it when it's done.

Mandle

I was wondering if anyone would object to an extension on the deadline until Sunday (July 5th)...I was going to try to wrap it up tonight, but I'm just too tired after work for anything except bed, and too burnt-out from working on the game all day yesterday.

So yeah, it would be awesome to have the weekend to finish if nobody minds...?

xil

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 02/07/2015 11:07:23
I was wondering if anyone would object to an extension on the deadline until Sunday (July 5th)...I was going to try to wrap it up tonight, but I'm just too tired after work for anything except bed, and too burnt-out from working on the game all day yesterday.

So yeah, it would be awesome to have the weekend to finish if nobody minds...?

Sound fine to me, I know the feeling!
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

Priabudiman

Quote from: Mokho on Wed 01/07/2015 17:44:31
Unfortunately, me, it's now sure that I wont finish the game in time. I'll need at least one more week, so I would try to share it when it's done.

same here.. barely finished the sprites and BG, but im going to finish it anyway just for the laughs :) GL to all, and mandle... go finish it! *cheers*

Stupot

A week is a bit too long I think, but it seems fair to allow a few more days so people can work on it over the weekend.

So you have until Monday the 6th. Mokho and Priabudman, do your best over the weekend. Maybe you'll have something releasable by then which you can polish up afterwards.

Mandle

Cheers Stu! The extra time will not go to waste!

LostTrainDude

Thanks Stupot! As Mandle said: none of this time will go to waste! :D
We're still working on an entry and, hopefully, things will be final by then!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Stupot

Glad to know you're still in, LTD. I was going to ask. Good luck everyone x

Mandle

Well, I made it through for better or for worse:

FENG SHUI AND THE ART OF TV RECEPTION

Your TV reception goes out during a violent thunder-storm.

Can you manage to restore it?

Game Features:

* A weird interface
* Atmosphere
* Feng Shui
* Animation
* Sound Effects
* A TV
* Voice acting of an excellent quality!!!
* Reception
* Art

So....erm...yeah...I hope the reception of my MAGS entry will be better than the one on the telly...

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Mokho

Sorry, I didn't have to much time this weekend and it was imposible to finish in time. I prefered spend a few hours in the coloring ball competition. Mi MAGS game will be announced out of competition in one or two weeks. It's my first attempt with MAGS competition and i have been to much ambicious. One of my mistake is the art style choice (I would have chose a simpler one).

LostTrainDude

FANBOTS
Another MAGS entry by LostTrainDude, Kastchey and CaptainD

A team of robots reaches the far planet of Koruuna to take over an abandoned Production Studio and revive their favourite show: ANDROIDS

DOWNLOAD

Game Features:
- Custom Resolution (595x385) just because!
- Isometric Graphics because why not!
- Robot lingo!
- References!
- NO COMMON INVENTORY!
- A song performed by CaptainD!

---
"Androids" is a fictional/parody TV series appearing for few brief moments in the series Red Dwarf
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

MyEakinBack

OMG this looks so cool how could anybody possibly stay away. You gotta put this in the completed games thread!

edit: Was fun guys. Was that really CaptainD at the end? Don't quit your day job. ;)
completed: Beyond Eternity

CaptainD

Quote from: MyEakinBack on Mon 06/07/2015 05:44:49
edit: Was fun guys. Was that really CaptainD at the end? Don't quit your day job. ;)

With the benefit of modern pop song over-production techniques, I'm sure I could sound almost as good as one of those terrible, bland singers who lose talent shows... :-D

LostTrainDude

Thanks MyEakinBack! :D I will post it it there soon!
About CaptainD's performance: when he suggested it I couldn't simply say no! (laugh)

Also can't wait to play the other 2 entries (and the upcoming release of Mokho's game)!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk