AGSer.me IMPORTANT!

Started by Peder 🚀, Thu 17/04/2014 13:12:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

AGSer.me users, I'm working on trying to get a new solution set up (VPS) which will hopefully provide some new more advanced features for all of you!
However, the hosting account all your websites currently reside on expires on the 8th next month, and I'm not sure we'll get this new solution up and running in time for that.

So this means I'll either have to move all the AGSer.me sites to the AGSA server or to one of my other hosting accounts (that doesn't run out until August).
All this means is that there might be some short downtime during the switch, and you'll have to get new ftp/db/email user/password details.

This also means if you only use the webmail service that you'll have to download any important emails you want to keep.

I'll probably start preparing the move on the 1st of May.
I will try my best to contact you all with your new details 24 hours before I perform the switch, so that you can change db details in your scripts etc.

Stupot

Cheers for the heads up, PJ. :smiley:

arj0n

Thanx Peder, quite an undertaking... ;)

Peder 🚀

I've started taking backups of everything. I'll be emailing everyone when I'm starting the move to make sure that if any of you have added any files since RIGHT NOW I'll get those files moved too :).

arj0n

Peder 🚀

Sorry, but for now I've disabled all the FTP accounts. I haven't yet decided on where I'm moving all the sites, but I might end up moving them to the AGSA server for now..
Though this would mean no FTP access (though SFTP (over SSH) could be offered for those in real need to upload any stuff until it's all moved to a VPS sometime hopefully in the very near future).

I'll keep you all posted, and I'll probably start moving the websites and emails this Monday (So for anyone using the email accounts, make sure to download any messages locally).

Peder 🚀

I've moved all the websites to the AGSA server for now, unfortunately the email service will be offline until I either get the planned VPS up and running or if I can find another way to host the email. If anyone relies on the agser.me email let me know and I'll set up a free zoho mail service, you might ask why I don't just do that anyway? well they limit the amount of free users you can add, so I wouldn't be able to add all the agser.me emails to it..

If any of you uploaded any files after 02 May 2014, 00:49:11 let me know and I'll make sure those files are moved over to the new location too!! :).

I might possibly make some kind of file management service for you to manage your files on the web for now until the VPS is set up and running!
It depends how far away the VPS solution is from being a reality :).

cat

What's the status of this?

Peder 🚀

I'll hopefully have some updates soon ;)

Stupot

Hey Peder kind sir. What's the status on this? Do we have new ftp details? Coz it's not letting me log in with the one I've got.

Peder 🚀

It's sadly progressing slowly, due to this I will now set up temporary SFTP accounts for anyone who PMs me.
So to everyone who have an agser.me account and want this temporary account, PM me and I'll make you one!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk